Make Harley Great Again !!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Im Erza, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

He still does voice acting. I know he was in a Star Wars movie, for like 1 minute and no lines, but I'm pretty sure he is still doing voice acting for the Joker. The last was Batman The Killing Joke last year. Now if you Google him to see if he has retired for the voice, you will find like 3 different places where he was gonna stop. He still hasnt. I think last month he read some tweet from Donald Trump, but as the Joker.

He just needs to stop being on the Flash. He uses the same voice for Trixster and I hate it.
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

That's not what happened at all. When he said he's done with the role, he mentioned how there would be one exception and that would be The Killing Joke movie. That happened and he came back for it. Now we wait and see if he really has quit apart from the minor stuff here and there like the Donald Trump video that just can't be compared to voicing a whole animated movie.
    • Like x 1
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

The new voice wasnt great and there was a thread awhile back where people voiced their opinions about it. And the VO was rerecorded and toned down but imo it now lacks life. And i hate to criticize but im just describing what i hear. It really does sound like shes lacking confidence.

No offense to the current voice actor but i know its not tara strong and shes doing the voice of harley in pretty much all other media. From the outside looking in it sure looks like this has to do with $. If ya want the best ya gotta pay for it. And if ya dont you're settling for less quality, if thats what happens. Sometimes skimping a little works out and ends up being better. In this case i dont think thats happened. If they are gonna stick with her i think they should work with her to get better at it. But rerecording the VO a 3rd time is probably not gonna make things better. She could end up losing more confidence if that happens.

For me personally ive never really cared that much about the VOs. Unless they stand out for being bad or funny. But obviously some people really care. At this point idk how they can make it better. I kinda do feel a little bad for the VO actor too. Cause a lot of people complained about the voice the 1st time. What can ya do tho? Turn your VO volume down if ya dont wanna hear it i guess.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Time Capsules are happening so the company can make enough money to pay Hamil
    • Like x 2
  5. Im Erza Active Player

How dare you correct me....the nerve.....YOU JUST MADE THE LIST !!!!! lol you are correct however but I have seen interviews of him saying he was outright done because of the strain it puts on his voice. Either way it would be cool to see him back in the role whenever if ever again. Although the guy who did the voice in Arkham Origins wasn't too bad either. Troy Baker I think it was ?
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I read the same articles, he did effectively retire but then in some articles later seemed to backtrack a little and say he 'might' still do it if the script/story is right.

So he's probably just super selective now.
    • Like x 2
  7. Here2Help Devoted Player

Yeah, I watched that interview too. Actually went to a special screening of The Killing Joke at cinema filled with interviews and stuff. Was a nice night out. And yeah, that was Troy Baker. He's actually done quite a bit of voice acting for video games, and plenty of them DC too.
    • Like x 1
  8. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

You sort of answer your own question.. First of all at one point after he'd already provided the voice of the Joker for DCUO at least a rumor that he'd retired from doing that voice any more do the strain it placed on his vocal cords... This was of course later proven to be total BS when he reappeared as joker opposite Kevin Conrad as Batman in the Killer Joke.

But basically like I said you answer your own question. They have no desire to replace mark Hamill with any other voice actor and so... No new content involving Joker has appeared in game for quite a while. However consider how much content currently exists that uses Hamill's voice. He is one of the trio of Mentors Villain side so off and on from level 3/4 all the way to Level 30 you are getting messages from him that would all require rerecording. He's the voice of the Vault for BOTH hero and villain side so once again.. the entire vault voice overs would need to be recorded again.

So its not a simple matter of simply going out and hiring someone else to record anything new to use in new content .. Every single thing the Joker ever says anywhere in game would have to be redone.

they ran into the same thing when they hired Susan Eisenberg to play Wonder Woman replacing Gina Torres and of course whoever replaced the original voice of Booster Gold.

Now back to the OP .. I agree I hate that Arleen Sorkin was replaced as Harley and the best part is if you go back to the early game ( like the Joker's fun house around level 17 ) they left the work Arleen did alone so my guess would be she either was unavailable when the new Harley content arrived or wanted more money for the new work the DBG was willing to pay. HEY I'm sorry not only did the woman inspire the very creation of Harley but no one does her better.
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

He pretty much used the same Trickster voice he did on the og Flash TV show (circa 1991), which was about the same time he did the Batman Animated series or even, if I remember correctly, just before.
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Correct: Trickster came before Joker, and, even if they did replace Hamill, there is no reason why they would need to re-record the tutorial Voice Overs, they didn't when they replaced Wonder Bewbs
    • Like x 1
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Mark actually retired from voicing Joker years ago, stating that he would only do it again if it was a really hard hitting storyline such as the Killing Joke, which he did that. So he most likely wont be doing anything for DCUO again, which means they will need to get a new voice actor for any new Joker content, sadly.

Mark's appearance on Flash was him returning to the role of the Trickster, which he originally did in the 1990 Flash TV show with John Wesley Ship who plays Henry Allen and Jay Garrick on the current show. Mark's run at Trickster happened two years before he did the Joker voice, which I have always thought that the Trickster is what got him the job of Joker. He basically copied what he did as Trickster for Joker, so his Joker voice is really Trickster's voice.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Actually just like with Booster Gold they did replace all of Wonder Woman's voice acting throughout the game.

Now I don't think we would need to worry about them redoing all of the original Joker work. For one that's a lot of work and would be quite costly. Two Mark is the iconic voice and it would be just dumb to scrap all of that just for a small amount of potential new content. And three, they have been doing new content with new voice actors (such as Harley) without changing the old stuff.
  14. the solowing Unwavering Player

he says hes done about every other week, noone takes his "im done" comments seriously anymore
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Either the replacement Wonder Bewbs sounds exactly like the original actress, or they didn't change the starter missions
  16. Toshknight Loyal Player

harley is freaking rickdiculous now. her new voice actor is terribad, and shes just not the same without the old VA, shes cheesey , and not in a good way that harley is cheesey, she sucks
    • Like x 1
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

here I'll say what you 2 wont, the new voice actor out right sucks, how she got this job to do harley is beyond me. Who ever hired her needs fired and then so does Jen, Im sorry but this is Jens worst voice over. Shes done good work but this isn't and will never be 1 of them.

Im sure they picked her due to she acts like a class clown and she 'seemed' right for the role, but she isnt not by far. Listen to the content shes in, sounds like shes either extremely high or very depressed now. Harley Quinn is ruined with this voice. Please no more Harley content.
  18. Toshknight Loyal Player

he does it every so often, and he knows the fans love him as the joker so much, i dont think he records that much for DCUO anymore, but hes not gonna have his voice removed, theyl either re use lines or they have stuff he said on file not used yet, you know he does it for the fans, not for the cash
  19. Toshknight Loyal Player

i think she is awful but... i get your trying to say a funny but, emo bank teller? i think she sounds more like a bad 50s diner waitress if we have to label her voice of harley, but we can agree i think all of us posting in h ere that it is the worst Swap VA that has ever been done in the DCUO, i was mad when they changed booster gold a couple years ago. but im use to the new one... the new harley quinn is just awful. didnt the original one also do the Batman animated series, and arkham asylum? they should of got the girl that did arkham Knight at least
    • Like x 1
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

aurorabenz07 just posted this in a Funhouse thread, features Melissa Rauch in the Harley role.

By George, I think she's got it!
    • Like x 1