Why more events are bad

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by comrade sonya, Mar 29, 2017.

1. comrade sonya Committed Player

Episodes/DLCs add more value to legendary membership. Although the developers have included members only benefits in events such as auras, titles, and even more feats to worry about finishing these positives do not out-weight the negatives of an event.

1. We no longer have a set schedule/guarantee of 4 episodes/DLCs a year. This means instead of paying $180 dollars a year for 4 episodes/DLCs you could now be spending $180 for 2 episodes/DLCs and 2 events that every player has access to. Our membership is being devalued with zero adjustment to make up for that.

2. Events play by different rules than episodes/DLCs. With a episode/DLC you can expect the content to last around 3 months time, and you can expect to finish most if not everything within that time frame (Amazon fury 3 was a slight exception). Events in the words of the developers are designed with a different idea in mind "we plan to eventually have a stable full of these with which to choose from and re-release when appropriate". This quote tells me two things, one they are not expecting the rewards from these events to be finished in one release, two that we as consumers/players will have no set timeline or guarantee of when or if these will return. Which means if you don't finish your feats in time, you're out of luck until who knows when.

Episodes/DLCs are released with the intention of players consuming everything, and having access to everything permanently. There is no rush, you can take as much time as you like as long as you either purchase the episode/DLC or are a member. These events make you run content on the developer's schedule, we are losing access to pacing ourselves.

3. More feats/rewards/styles locked behind a time-based RNG. If time capsules weren't bad enough, the idea of rewards lasting a limited amount of time inside of giant loot table, the developers have decided to add another one. "We have added new Membership Treasure Chests! These chests will spawn at the end of the duo, alert, and the everyone-version of the raid. Everyone will get a treasure box from the chest, but only members can open it". Sound familiar? Well it should because they've added another reward box, we already have promethium lockboxes and time capsules, except this time they've combined aspects of both into one wonderful frustrating gamble. They drop for everyone, only members can open them, and they last a limited amount of time. Instead of improving the existing Promethium lockbox system, which are part of the value of a legendary membership, by reducing the oversized loot table, removing outdated items, and adding new relevant rewards, we're now getting another time limited reward box that will keep styles/base items/possibly feats behind an RNG wall.

These are just some of the cons I see from events being added. While I have no doubt that the developers have an interest in making fun content for us more frequently the method they're going about to do it is not fair or right. I understand that "this is a business not a charity", but every business should respect and value their customers. I do not believe that what they plan on doing respects me or values me as a customer or player. The new events should labeled as episodes/DLCs and have the same expectations all content preceding them has had, permanent access, self pacing, 4 a year, rewards in content not in RNG boxes. These are my own opinions, and I am not speaking for anyone but myself.
    • Like x 28
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Last year I purchased the 1 year membership for 70$. And in that time I will have received 2 DLCs. Events that can only be completed with replay badges. Several feats that can only be obtained by paying more money via stabilizers via marketplace for TC which have a 1/475 odds of obtaining the item required for said feat.

No early access to DLC.
    No update on Promethium lockboxes.
    No new powers
    No new weapons
    No new league perks.

Why pay for a sub when everything that you need ingame is through a paywall outside of the sub.
    All the best auras, materials, and items come from booster bundles and TC and Events. All which dont require a sub.

So yes Legendary has been devalued by a significant amount IMO.
    Now for a new player Legendary has its perks. Simply because they are new. But once a player passes that 6 month mark. Legendary has diminishing returns.

At this point you are pretty much paying for the cash cap. That is all.

I am not going to resub this year until they come up with perks that can replace the ones they have taken away.
    • Like x 30
  3. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

The new event says it all.
    As a Level 10, I get almost complete access.
    If I'm 190 CR, I become 34 CR; but I can play 1 extra raid.
    WOW! 1 extra raid!!! Thanks!!!
    • Like x 13
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Agree 110%!

The devs have become car salesman. No one trusts what they say, because it is usually bad or wrong. All of what you listed plus the fact that for the past year they have been working towards a new revamp for the game. Such a waste of time and money. I may get in some trouble for this, but Jackster is doing a great job of running the game into the ground. Those Web talks show how little he cares. The body language says a lot. He and Mepps are never on the same page.

I have kept my sub up since before the hack attack. I am waiting until thus next event is over and may unsub myself.
    • Like x 2
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Events will be in place of DLCs. So content drought you say? Here's a temporary event. It really does give us less content.

I would have thought the PvP rotation would have taught them something, that players don't like rotations. If there is 5-6 and we get only 2-3 a year, that means we could wait a couple of years before we get a chance at the feats again. So you better replay the hell out of this one.
    • Like x 4
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Either way you slice it, This Extra event or extra raid that they are saying is perk, is not a perk.

A perk should mean a benefit, something you don't gotta pay for.

But with the event, prepare to fork out that wallet.
    • Like x 2
  7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Theses events really bring up an important question is the time for the stat matters revamp a waste ? Since we'll probably get a dlc or two a year is it a waste of time to fix everything when most of he new content we play will be clamped.
    • Like x 3
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

Was not a member perk, I still upvoted tho :p
    • Like x 1
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah, but each time they did that they advertised with "for members only, become a member TODAY if u aren't yet", u couldn't expect to get that perk but if they did... it was a member perk.
    • Like x 2
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not in writting, but yes. Over the years MEMBERS EARLY ACCESS was a perk. Obviously things can be taken away just as they were given.
    • Like x 1
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Nope. I'll get all the marks I can. First is the face, then the ring. That's all I care about. ;)

Been spending my badges on skill points for my alts. I see no reason to stop now.
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I agree with this post (with the exception of the first paragraph cause they said they weren't going to quarterly content).

Honestly I don't even mind big events IF they're here to stay. I mean BumblingB even stated the feedback the devs got with the rotation for pvp. The players couldn't stand it and only gives you one chance to get feats. Unlike LPvE (which a lot of people dread) events have more than just 1 alert or raid attached to them and players usually look forward to the actual content instead of feats. I dislike rotation even with LPvE though.

I doubt they will consider this feedback to be completely honest though. I feel like they only focus on short term success instead of longterm. I mean yeah for now people will replay the hell out of this event (sort of forced to) and they'll make money but what happens when players are even more fed up and tired of having to spill their wallets because they're trying to complete a full event in maybe a month or less. I know it's just my opinion but I don't think they'll be able to keep that up for long.
    • Like x 2
  13. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

In a recent post Mepps said they expect to deliver content "roughly once per quarter". That was a recent one.

So while it's not a guarantee it is what their goal is.
  14. Kontakt Active Player

you are absolutely right, i'm glad i dropped my membership last year right before open episodes went live, membership isn't worth $15 a month maybe $10 at this point.
    • Like x 3
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I've bought myself a wheelbarrow full of replay badges, bent over and assumed the position... the position to move it off course ;)

No seriously though I think it is a bad idea when theres no set schedule.
    • Like x 2
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

My issue isn't with the events. I think they're a great addition to bring into the game. I just don't think they should be in place of dlcs but rather run in addition to. The problem is lack of content.
    • Like x 3
  17. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

If we were getting both instead of one or the other, no one would be complaining.

Hmm well no one sane would complain, at the end of the day complainers will never die.
    • Like x 2
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

My issue is that we were lied to, they said we would go back to large content release but instead we got the same amount of content we got during monthly but all at once, and with ridiculous grind to make it seem longer that it should have. Then we have events that don't take into account our levels at all, meaning all the grind we do on Episodes means nothing for months, and we might finally be getting something worth from our subs after many years, but still it's from content where we could go literally without any gear, SP and 1 extreme soder and so just as good. Oh and the events are free to play, so we pay only to get some bonus rewards, while free players don't pay to have 90% of the content open. I still don't see the point of stats revamp if 80% of yearly content is just f2p stat clamped events anyway, and the only 2 actual episodes will be small with an absurd amount of grind.
    • Like x 3
  19. bmce84 Loyal Player

But it's not the same, in the past we had our 3 DLC a year and 5 events, people where happy and wanted to do the seasonal. But now the seasonal is the same boring thing over and over, events will be the same as well, and we're getting 2 and maybe 3 episodes, but you know the more episodes we get the smaller they will become since people wont have the replay rush events do.
    • Like x 1
  20. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I couldn't agree more with this.

I agree with everything but because I'm so irritatingly optimistic I can't agree with your outlook.

Events, they smell like a seasonal but feel more like a colonoscopy. This is 50% why I had to take a break from this game. For the first time I felt not only compelled to complete everything, I felt rushed to complete it. A game should not feel like an overwhelming second job.

The cons are definitely growing. Right now it's not enough to break me from subbing and enjoy the game but something needs to change.
    • Like x 2