Since I Brought it Up Again... (Soloing Duos)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Backseid, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Backseid Devoted Player

Been a bit since I mentioned this, but can we please open all Duos up to Solo play?

The Wastelands/Bottle Duos were great because of the walk ins.

This lack of regular, daily content is a real issue for the game.
    • Like x 8
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Dude we're going to have 3 open world dailies and an on-duty challenge. Besides there's so many bad and/or under-geared players in duoes that you end up soloing them anyway xD
    • Like x 5
  3. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

The queues for duos still pop for me.
    Or could just get a friend to que with u and have said friend leave.

I run a few T3and T5 duos often
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Don't think it will happen. To many issues with teleporters as is.
    • Like x 1
  5. bmce84 Loyal Player

I think it's 1 daily open world and 1 weekly in open world, one of the characters in the stream I think it's the one that rewards you.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

No, you should be clamped and running with a partner, always.

[IMG]

If only they would let us force start the queue :D
    • Like x 3
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

They zipped past the place where the contact(s) were but while they ONLY spoke to one of them I saw at least two plus if I recall the weekly thing was sort of a .. Okay run out there today and kill X of these.. then I'll give you something else to do tomorrow .. I'm betting end of the week you either get a bounty to find OR just after you complete 5-7 missions you earn a nice little plaque (okay so THAT last part is me being silly). but I'm guessing its more than just 1 daily solo and who knows what happens on the weekly..

they were stingy and wouldn't let us see LOL
    • Like x 1
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah I clearly saw three yellow exclamation marks plus the big statue one.
    • Like x 1
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

Well there where 3 characters and the statue which I believe is the weekly one, so I think one would be the main contact and 2 would be for missions, given the daily solo doesn't need a contact like the Oan solo sort of does with the portal at Metro.
  10. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

again. why are you playing a MMO if you want to do everything...solo...
  11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Because sometimes you just want a quick "fix", and don't have time to queue for a group (or form one). Additionally, there is nothing about an MMO that says that grouping needs to be compulsory - especially if you can solo the content (older content that you need for feats or styles, for example).
    • Like x 3
  12. iClip Committed Player

They should implement some kind of force queue system
    • Like x 2
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

and Again.. Because we can! Because daily solo missions give those of us that PUG something to do while we wait for the game to find us a team AND we earn extra marks and extra feat points doing them.. LOOK at what we are getting in the way of NEW content in November

1 solo challenge
    1 duo
    1 alert
    ands 2 raids

That means unless we spend a ton of replay badges after we do each alert once we are left we a total of THREE pieces of content to grind over and over and over again. Daily solo content adds at least a little something else to the mix and since the new ones will be in part of Gotham city you can double up and hunt exobits while you do the missions as well.

Because we are supposedly Super Heroes and while the JLA teams up when someone like Darkseid and 100,000 Parademons attack.... Green Arrow rarely asks for a 8 man team to deal with a guy robbing the local bank. Because just about every other MMO has solo missions too.
    • Like x 2
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Dang knew I'd forget one. Okay now the solo challenge is just that a strictly solo mission but there is absolutely nothing that says anyone HAS to solo daily missions. My old buddy form my league and I use to team up, grab our dailies, and help each other get them done. I've seen 3-4 man teams doing the same sort of thing in the Wastelands. Takes a little longer since you each have missions to do but there are times when both of you or 2 of 4 (or whatever) have the exact same mission so do it ONCE and 2,3 or whatever guys all get credit because your on a TEAM.
    • Like x 1
  15. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

idc about duos as much, but labyrinth needs a walk in. tired of that 1 buttmunch in the group screwing up the golden path feat. and when you try to kick them, whoops theres about a million collections in labyrinth, and you cant kick with group loot. but you and all voters are still locked for 3 hours. by that point its too late. open it up as a walk in & ill do the feat myself.
  16. Backseid Devoted Player

You're showing your inexperience with that question. This is your first MMO, obviously.
    • Like x 2
  17. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Agreed.

Now I'm very much looking forward to all of the new solo stuff (and heck, I kind of want Elite Solos (and Duos) just for more stuff to do every day and so that I can earn some of that sweet Elite swag without having to Raid twelve times a week), but being able to solo some older Duos would be fantastic.

Of course, for me, half the fun of the game is just going to Iconic DC locations. Yes, I'm geeky enough to want to just hang out in the Flash Museum for awhile ... and I don't want to have to drag someone else with me if I want to check out the exhibits. :D
    • Like x 2
  18. Backseid Devoted Player

That's actually a great point!

One of the best parts of going Solo, is that ability to "take it all in" at your own pace.
  19. Backseid Devoted Player

And btw, that's such an over used thing to say. No, you're not the first, by far, to ask that sane exact question verbatim.

No one, including myself, ever said anything about doing "everything" Solo.
  20. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

1. people are *******
    2. n00b who ruining feat run
    3. n00b never learn if we keep carry them
    4. because we dont want to waste time forming a feat group..

pick one...

and i agree, we need a teleporter for duo so we can solo them...