Buying seasonal currency..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KodyDerp, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

But this currency leads to cosmetics. And base items. And trinkets. And consumables. And feats. Just like using replay badges.

And kitty cats which will roam my bases and league hall.
    • Like x 6
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Where did i say that? They make one of the coolest base items, make the base item take 10 runs to get, and then the day before release have mark bundles in mp. I really don't understand why people are cool with this.
  3. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

"large amount" is relative to the personal POV - birds of a feather flock together, so chances are high your idea of "large amount" is still the/a minority of gamers, and especially modern gamers. The "community" is the worst factor in DCUO's appeal to players, so nullifying its influence on the game experience for each individual would be the next logical step. Just look at the forums and imagine all threads that essentially just complain other players and/or their way to play the game gone - it would be vewy vewy quiet :D
    • Like x 2
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

As a new player, here's my advice:

This year, you get 10 Bites for completing the event. 4 for the outside part and 6(?) for the actual instance itself against Klarion.

NEVER use your main to buy base items if you still have feats to collect with styles associated. All base items can be traded. Styles can not. So use your main to collect bites to buy the styles and use your alts to buy the base items.

The 2016 Base Item feat requires you to purchase 12 of the 13 items. The 100 Bites Teekl is not part of the feat. Each item that corresponds with the feat costs less than 5 Bites each. So knowing that you can get 10 per run, just run the mission on 6 alts and filter all the base items back to your main. You should be able to achieve the feat in a day.

The 2015 Base Items feat requires that you purchase any 10 items. There are about 17 to choose from and the cheapest item costs 5 Bites, so just repeat the instructions above, with 5 Alts and you'll achieve the 2015 feat in a day.

If you have 15 Alts, you could get the 2016 and 2015 feats in 1 day and clear most of the 2014 list. I'm not sure about 2013/2014 yet but just repeat the processes described above.

It's very easy to get these feats, even as a new player, without spending any money. It comes down to you and whether or not you're willing to put the work in.
    • Like x 7
  5. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

Lmao, and every time i think they couldn't possibly go any lower...Here buy some more feats!

SSDD :D
    • Like x 5
  6. Controller Devoted Player

Worse over time?

To some players DCUO is dying tomorrow anyway......

At the rate that Feat-Producing items like Time Capsules and now THIS Halloween currency thing is going, we'll have enough Feat-Purchasing options to make a "notable" difference in our toons by say 2022 or so......

...by that time the Max CR will be around 500, and Max SPs will be around 650 or so, just guestimating.

We'll be at DLC 50, with Darkseid's FIFTH return to DCUO.......THIS time, he'll be merged with Brainiac..

[IMG]

I know I'm going off the deep end here but I just don't see the harm in this Halloween currency thing I'm sorry.
    • Like x 2
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Games like this need income.

If you don't want to buy it, don't. People that do, will.

Same with Stabilizers. I'm sure tons of people bought them. I didn't buy any.

Everyone has a right to spend their money how they like, and the Devs have a right to monetize how they see fit to keep the game going for us.

It's all pretty simple actually.
    • Like x 4
  8. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Very true Dawn, I just have to side with everyone else here about the feats which are technically Skill Points. It's kinda annoying they're completely overlooking this thing and the fact the Devs said is a day before the GU hit live proves they knew people would be a little upset about it.

I thought I was supposed to be the petty one ya know?
    • Like x 1
  9. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

It is simple Sister which is why this is a pathetic cash grab. There's other ways to make money like putting base items in the MP and not currency. Adding Styles to the MP and not currency. Adding Cosmetics to theMP and not currency.
  10. ChillCat Loyal Player

For the love of RNGesus, the complaining in this thread is embarrassing.

The feat list has grown so large (and will continue to grow) that a new player can't possibly catch up without replay spamming. This is a clean and simple way to let new players catch up on styles/feats from past years. Aaaand this is a clean and simple way for vets to get the increasingly awesome lair items without having to rerun an instance they may have literally run over 100 times.

Most of the negative Nellie's in this thread are the same folks that have been pissing and moaning the Devs should use the MP more. The Devs do it and all you can do us put on tin foil hats imagining they'll put elite gear on the MP or that this is now killing your in-game side business.

More spending in the MP = more money to build a better game. Open your eyes, and look within.
    • Like x 8
  11. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

ok
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Pay 2 win, pay 2 win I like me a good pay 2 win

EA sports is in the game! Wait wrong company.

Oh wait hang on with all the pay2 win feats hoping on I'm not actually sure did EA buy out daybreak?
  13. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I still don't see the problem.

It is an EXTRA option. If you choose not to use it, then literally nothing changes for you at all. You still run the seasonal and get the items normally.

How can players be upset with an extra option ? It just doesn't make sense to me. It's not like this is now the only way to earn the items.
    • Like x 2
  14. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

I support being able to buy seasonal currency. It will help me get cats (and other items for my lair) more quickly, and, as been mentioned above, I do not have 16+ hours per day to spend in front of my computer.

In addition, I am neither a PvPer nor an auction house profiteer. I play DCUO for *fun*, developing my character's abilities (and her backstory) as I proceed through the great deal of fun material created by the Devs.

The reference to "pay to win" confuses me. I thought that I was only in competition with myself and the computer-controlled NPCs.
    • Like x 3
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Most subscription games use the funds from subscription. I wonder how FFXIV is doing. If i was just reading the forums and never played DCUO, i would think it wasn't subscription base. Players keep saying DCUO need to make money like it's not sub base
  16. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Technically there isn't. Same as time crapsules and considering the short amount of time between those two releases, however, it is indicating a change in the general course of the game - away from people who prefer putting time into the game towards people who prefer to put money into the game. And of course, the "old school" gamers feel all their invested time is devalued when 3 runs of about 5 mins each (time crapsules/stabilizer) can be bought for one dollar (who works for 4 dollar per hour????). Same for the seasonal currency pack.

But in general, that's the way gaming companies go nowadays: sell the game and then sell additional stuff that allows players to not actually play the game and still progress ;) Can't wait for full gear boxes coming with each new DLC release (styles of the newest DLC and max CR, 1000 MC per character :D)
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

I'm sorry but no.

They should not monetize the game to the point where it damages the integrity of the game and the meaningfulness of running content.

Absolutely people have the right to spend their own money but you realise there is also something called ethics right.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

This step further damages the integrity of the game.

I the bright side my base will have 500 cats in it because I'm rich *****.
    • Like x 2
  18. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Not only bad idea, but it will render useless some of the market in broker for the people that buy and sell these items.
    • Like x 3
  19. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Because the extra option is almost as poor as the first option and you are completely missing the point. No one would complain if you could buy the Base Items or Styles from the Marketplace but using currency to buy currency is very bad because players can buy feats with it, they're not working AT ALL for those feats now. That's the problem here and the fact they did this instead of ALL THE OTHER OPTIONS people have brought up to them makes giving feedback on how to utilize the MP more efficiently is redundant and well, pointless. Someone is not listening when they only hear what they want to hear.
    • Like x 1
  20. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I'm sorry but I totally disagree if they want people to be able to get the base items then sell the base items in the market place.

For example you get the Aquarium in the marketplace thus it doesnt affect the broker value. In this case however it will affect the Broker value of each of the seasonal items that sell. Which is total bs in my opinion.