Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

clipping is here to stay confirm on live stream.
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I don't mind synthetics but they should have significantly lower stats then a crafted mod. I really hope they set it up that way.
    • Like x 1
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

I do understand what ya mean. But im also going off what they have said. And i think its pretty clear that if they want to let players use any pwrs they choose and be viable and close the skill gap that they would have to streamline the dmg. There is a post from mepps today where he pretty much says all pwrs will be doing very similar dmg. And animations will be streamlined too. Yea some might be longer/shorter. But imo we are for sure losing some of the uniqueness each power has.
    • Like x 1
  4. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Sounds fitting for this community to keep the combat "skills" around that started out as a simple exploit. Wonder if this move will be the NGE of DCUO :D
    • Like x 1
  5. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

I'm still super excited about these changes
  6. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

First off all I would like to start by saying I'm glad that they're doing the stat revamp.
    (Oh and warning for the long post.)
    I was oposed to combat differential since it was announced and the whole process when it happened in GU47.

However with this changes I'm a bit concerned in some aspects that the devs are supposedly tackling with this update.

In the stream they mentioned how AM was never really explained which is why some of the players didn't used.
    Then later on when they explained how new dpsing would be they said that if someone is getting beat by another player in damage he could always ask why/how is he beating him. (Something that to my opinion is kinda silly because people did this/could do this AM too).

So how I see how DPS will be after the update is going to be how we dps for LPvE, or PvP now. Clipping weapon attacks with powers, having certain dots and burst powers in order to maintain the DPS. The SuperCharges and 35% Finishers will be definitely part of the New DPS in my opinion.

However what will this mean? To me what it means and what I can see in instances like LPVE, is that people that have no clue how to clip weapon attacks will stay behind in the board (by a lot) just like they did when AM was around.

Why is this? In my opinion is that there will always be people that are more "ignorant" (Without offending anyone) to the game mechanics. Or simply people that doesn't care about that. What they just want to do is to push buttons to try to kill things.

Why I'm sad about the AM removal to some extent? The AM's Provided an unique way to play powers ( ok they were very similar in some instances like Gadgets/Mental, Earth/Sorc) But they still remained different to some extent plus in my opinion some of them still feel different, like Ice never felt like Fire even if they had same type of AM. I don't think we'll be able to use AM rotations in the future and have good enough damage. Plus being honest they were easy rotations that anyone could use, did it make it easier for non skilled people yes, sadly but the skilled ones always knew how to make more out of their power, which is why they're skilled.

Do I believe the difference between skilled and non skilled people will be more noticable yes it will definitely which is something I'm grateful for.

Does the AM removal provides different loadout possibilites? Yes of course, but if you want to have the best damage there will always be a certain combination. Why? because some powers will always be more powerful than others, that has been the rule since the start of this game.

Why balancing will be hard like it always has been? Balance is naturally hard, but back with AM's there was usually a set rotation with a maximum set of powers to be spend. Now to balance there should be taken into account that we will have the choice of all the avaiable powers for each powerset. Not only that but the way some powers work in some powersets are very different from one another. Channeled powers vs non channeled powers.
    Powers that combo vs powers that doesn't. Different supercharges, pets, non pets, dots, etc.

I really hope some of this will be cleared when we got to test the changes but in the meantime those remain some of my concerns.

TL;DR

There are things that makes me think that there will still be some big unbalance, however skilled people will benefit from this changes. Anyhow we will only see what happens when we get to test the changes on PC TEST.
    • Like x 2
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

False. You're confusing alignment of animation duration to DPS with standardization of all attacks. That's not what they said. Let me use an example. Take two attacks of equal duration currently in the game. Many times, one will be superior to the other in damage potential, despite them playing out effectively identically in time. That makes no sense. It makes those weaker attacks useless. If they actually tie DPS to animation duration, you'll have many more choices. Those weaker attacks will now be equal in damage potential. The choice of attack will be up to you. You won't be pigeon-holed into using certain weapon combos or certain ability loadouts. What we have now is an utter lack of variety. We have a few viable weapons, and most powersets only have one or two viable loadouts. It's a snoozefest. I want to be able to use any of the abilities in my powerset and any of the combos of my weapon without feeling like I'm a hindrance.
    • Like x 3
  8. UnFriendMe New Player

This is great! Hopefully choosing to pick and stick with a power because you like it is no longer a handicap when joining a raid/alert/duo. Of course, I wonder if the game was ever this way before (rhetorical question). <-- Notice no question mark LOL.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Choosing a power that is viable doesn't equal optimal.

What they're trying to say is that if someone uses horrific visage for example it won't be horrible but it won't be optimal.

Someone might just like visage but refuse to not use it. They just don't want people to suck so bad as they would not resulting in a kick or raid fail.

This is what they mean by it will make us treat each other better.

In terms of powers let's use light train, mass terror and emp as examples.

They all look different but with the new system will hit the same damage and will take the same duration.

This is the only way to achieve real balance. You'll never get balance if you have 5000 move over 10 power types all hitting different numbers.

The uniqueness in the power types and animation appearances will remain. The mathematics will be the same.
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

OMG FINALLY. YES DCUO YESSSSSSS!!!! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. Playing with 10k other mentals and quantums with the same load out as me is annoying. This awesome.
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Finally quantum and mental won't be boring and people can have different loadouts for them. Amazing. Quantum is such a beautiful powerset and it's awesome that we'll be able to be creative again. Got tired of time bomb and missed the gravity tree.
  12. Streven Dedicated Player

I play games for good game mechanics. I specifically avoid pointless time sinks doing menial boring tasks. Feat grinding exists to give you some reason to play when you have nothing else worthwhile to do in the game. Instead if investing my time into time sinks, yes I do play other games. I do like the group mechanics in this game. I love the fact that it is an action rpg mmo. I want to spend my time I'm game doing fun, challenging instances that require some semblance of teamwork. I don't want to kill 50000 reapers just to get an "achievement". Some feats are interesting but many are dull and grindy. Calling players "lazy" because they don't want to grindy things like go searching for exobits for hours on end is just asanine. I already have a job I dislike I don't need another one.
    • Like x 2
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Personally I've always found Trolling to encompass more than just dumping power. As a Troll I feel it's my responsibility to give power, debuff, CC when needed, look out for objectives in the map and be the first person to get to you when you get KOd. For me, being a Troll means being aware of your surroundings at all times.

If I'm Tanking, then my priority is keeping hold of the enemies. If someone goes down, I know it's not my responsibility to go pick them up. If something needs to be activated it's not my job.

If I'm healing my number one job is to keep people alive. Sometimes do objectives on the map. Pick up people only if someone else can't get to them fast enough.

Again, these are just my feelings and my personal opinion on the matter. I'm also not saying that other roles shouldn't be aware of their surroundings - of course they should, I just feel that when I'm Trolling I need to be even more aware and be ready to run somewhere at a moment's notice.
    • Like x 5
  14. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

However I only have 160 skill points but I'll try and get at least 180. I'm subbing once again when I can. Great news.
  15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I'm sorry I'm freaking out this is just amazing. Super excited. I might go back to quantum, the power that made me sub to the game for the first time. This probably also means that electricity will be decent and that's a great powerset.
  16. bmce84 Loyal Player

That's what I meant, in Light you can clip minigun and LB, but it won't benefit you, as opposed to Claw-HClaw since HClaw does more damage.
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

This.

I don't get what people are complaining about. People hated that there were FOTM powers. Hated that they couldn't compete with their power. There was no balance and everyone wanted balance. Now they are making all the powers throughout every power more viable to create balance so you can use your power and compete and you're complaining? You're saying theres no difference in the powers besides colors animations etc....YEAH THATS WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS. Don't you choose your power because it looks fun and cool to YOU? Thats the whole point, to be able to be your power of choice and be able to compete.

I really dont understand this logic. They are going to allow you to choose more moves within your power which is what we've all wanted with it all being balanced with other powersets and you are complaining now that there will now be no difference in powers. LIKE WHAT!?

The difference is and always been your quantum your electric your earth...YOUR ALL DIFFERENT WITH DIFFERENT ANIMATIONS.
    • Like x 4
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

well unless attacks get an equal buffalo, without modifiers we'll be back at the same place, just with different attacks.
  19. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Hi all:) I feel the development with the Stat Revamp is exciting and fresh and with the opportunity to use iconics such as heat vision successfully is totally awesome:D I also have 2 suggestions for the devs. First and if not already in place, add a stat counter for iconics, ie. heat vision, according to sp input like the crit stat, etc. Second maybe reward sp for completing objectives like cc bounties in place of already full faction reknown, and the redundant victory tokens.;)
    Main Avatar: Future Kal 175 CR 221 SP Power Ice DPS/TANK. USPC Meta Hero.League: USPC :Justice League 3001, Future DC Legends, Leader.
    USPS: Superboyistic 152 CR 146 SP Ice DPS/TANK.
    Alts Include: Guardian El, Guardian Kal, Future Blurr, Kid Superboyistic, Lantern Kal, Kal Starchild, Future Superboyistic,, Clarky Kent, and Super Spaceboy, Quantum Kal, and Superboyistic.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

No buffalo is the same and no buffalo is equal.

Some are bigger than others and some have more fur and bigger horns.

There will always, always be an alpha buffalo
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.