Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Are you talking in damage only for support or in QofL support like adding the promised multi target ranged pull in earth or finally giving gadgets a group shield sc. Etc
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The latter. Upgrading the core functionality of support. Ice could use a 360 pull, fire could use a multi-ranged pull, all tanks could use a "no blocking" mechanic similar to atomic, and trolls could use multiple ways to throw power, stuff like that (those were just ideas btw).
    • Like x 3
  3. Che3tah New Player

actually it seems that they have returned to where they started. One big half a decade circle. Though, I agree, this should increase the entertainment of the game vs monotony, "logging in feels like going to work, except I'm paying for it."

I like it. I admit I was a bit apprehensive when I read "The Stats Revamped" headline.
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I agree with the no blocking thing for tanks.. It makes life easier for a tank. When they don't have to focus on blocking anything but one shots ... Ice it would be super easy to pull this off just increase the amount of damage a shield can absorb and decrease before breaking ... And earth they could easily increaee the amount of damage you ignore at 50% as it is now you don't have to block most the bosses attacks ... As far adds go however you better be blocking if there is a lot as of now if they increased the amount of damage you ignore ton75% (just throwing that out could be lower as to not make it op) it would make no blocking a thing .. I've not played fire or rage
    To know how to adjust them for no blocking
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

For ice they could make ice armor give the same damage absorption as if you were blocking. Right now it's useless as a tank cause all it does is hold the 90℅ def buff, but if you're tanking correctly, you should always be buffed anyway.

Earth they can allow after shock while brick is out, making you take less damage while not blocking.

Fire since they removed the AM, maybe they can do something with volatile state in tank role, like as long as you're in it, you get the same damage absorption as if you were blocking.

Rage I'm not entirely sure. Maybe they can do something along the lines of remorseless recovery, change its effects and such.
  6. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Mostly I was just being funny and did not expect anyone to comment on that post. However they did need to balance Electric and nature until they decided to remove everyone elses AM buffs. That is how they are balancing those powers. Electric and Nature are far below all other powers so the need to be balanced or on par with the rest. How are they doing it? They are doing it by removing the buffs from all other powers. Thus balancing Electric and Nature.

As for Add being more Healthy making Dots OP and King...I do not think that will be the case. Last time adds had enough health on them that Dots did well everyone complained about how long it took to kill them and how boring the fights were. That part of the community has not changed at all. I still think that they may end up tweaking some of the burst power of Electric and Nature and Dots will be done on Bosses. Again though, I may be wrong. The nice thing with having access to all powers and all of them doing damage closer to each other because of the lack of AM or WM damage means that it would not be that big of a deal to have a burst and a dot LO. You would not even have to switch armories if you did not want to. You could just go in a change a couple of powers in between fights.

As for the SP thing. Not sure how I feel about putting the sp into 3 different categories. I like it but also do not like it. Most of mine are PVE sp. I do not care for PVP or Legends, however if I did decide to do them I would hate having to start at almost 0 SP when I have 190 Sp on the PVE side. So not sure how I would feel about it. It may just enforce the fact that I do not want to do PVP or Legends.
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yes especially tanks
    • Like x 1
  8. TheCelestialKiller Well-Known Player

Will celestial and rage be messed up in the process? because from the stream it sounded like you were going to Make these combo/precision powers (which are supposed to be "stronger due to risk and reward" [your words]) different to where the combos aren't stronger than just doing a flat-out attack. You may not be doing that, but from the string of words said, it sounded like that was the intention.
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If anything I think precision powers will return to their former glory. They also hinted at random one shots not being a thing anymore, so maybe it'll be easier for rage and HL to melee, where they really shine.
    • Like x 1
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Recall that they tried to go back to more linear progression with the first iteration of GU 47, and it was widely criticized. Folks want that "powerful" feeling from progression. They did mention the word "exponential" during the stream. We'll see.
    • Like x 2
  11. TheCelestialKiller Well-Known Player

that sounds absolutely WONDERFUL to me.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Are we going to get synthetic VII mods? I have a lot exobytes but not nearly enough for 4 characters with 2 roles. I can and will make as many mods as I can, but what if it's not enough?
  13. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I like that challenge, so If I suck at trolling for you let me know man, no harm no foul
  14. Vagenda Well-Known Player

This is awesome!

Can't wait to master the new changes and get a v3.0 of the Sorcery Healing Guide "PULSE" out!
  15. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

That's all we can do is speculate. I think you need read what the other guy said for me to answer the way I did. The fact that ppl think trolls will run out of power faster due to this update, so I responded two trolls would be the answer. If you played b4 GU 47 you would know why I said 2 trolls

I'm sorry if want raids to be 5-1-1-1

I'm sorry if you don't want trolls to matter as much

I'm if sorry ur against statsmatter if that's the case.
    Cause for over a year ppl was against GU 47.

If you don't like my attitude against other players to bad. I had to deal with there lazy *** for over 7 months.

I don't like the fact that player can get away with not modding, brag about low sp, being carried, and being T8 with no weapon mastery thinking it unfair for them to not be able to be in a raid.
    What kinda player base thinking is that!

I May not have played every MMO but I have played other MMO and in every raid you come prepared and if not your on players **** list.

So many new player want to play there way with there half *** gear.

It not that I want things my way NOPE. I'm TIRED OF NEW PLAYERS WANT TO PLAY THERE WAY NOT HELPING THE TEAM!!!!
    And if you kick them for being selfish the best way for them to make you feel guilty is I DONT WANT TO PLAY YOUR WAY I WANT TO PLAY MINE and there way is not helping there team but using them to get better gear with there ignorance of the game
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Yes I do and I'll tell you why. I never defined what an unskilled player is;

The reality is AM has ruined this game and I'lltell you why;

Yes AM looks pretty, all those pretty powers going off, isn't that lovely but;
    1. It's cookie cutter, there is no uniqueness to it, there's only certain powers you can ever use with all others made redundant.
    2. It's mind numbingly dumb, many AM's simply require you to press 1 2 3 4 5 and the like; that is not skillful on any level.
    3. It's clearly way to difficult to obtain true balance given the different damage mechanics for each power.
    4. I would hazard a guess the developers realised this upon attempting to balance DOT powers with burst powers.
    5. Although seemingly possible people either fail at AM or refuse to use it, with horrible results and community backlash (kicking etc.)

Why WM can't be retained either;
    1. It is too difficult to combine this with powers while also balancing weapons.
    2. All weapons are different with different WM moves, many more difficult to pull off.
    3. By removing WM bonuses the developers are opening all weapons to use so that it doesn't end up with everyone using brawling.

The Knee Jerk response

The reality is we don't have enough information as yet to understand the extent to which clipping will return to it's former state in 'Origin Crisis'. There are two distinct differences now and I haven't seen a developer answer to it, and perhaps this is but.
    1. All moves were slowed down signficantly after the introduction of WM/AM - quantum singularity is an example.
    2. Jump Cancelling as it was during OC was removed and dovetail animation put in place to slow JC.

If these items are not removed then clipping in it's former glory will not return, so I don't quite see what everyone is worried about, it seems everyone is knee jerking to the thought of green lanterns running around spamming grenades and fan with JC when I actually don't even think that's the case, at all.

The developers are simply trying to open all power opportunities, with different moves being better in different circumstances i.e. some melee some range etc and that your use of either type of loadout will remain circumstancial.

What they're saying though is that if you decide to use horrific visage as a DPS you're not going to completely suck under the new system but you're not going to be as good as someone using mass terror etc.

This will eliminate 'most' of the horrible DPS, you know the ones that very 1mil when everyone gets 20mil. That will still happen and there's nothing the developers can do about it, but it'll become more isolated.

This is why the game needs to change, because balance, longevity and sanity are at sake here, no one really likes the 1 2 3 4 5 DPS.

A quick note about power back as well; this has to go, not because it's inherently evil, but because it;
    1. Makes the game too easy.
    2. Completely obliterated the role of the Controller.

In terms finally of unskilled players that to me is;
    1. Players that rely upon FOTM powers to be good and rely upon pressing 1 2 3 4 5 to be good
    2. Players that have been playing for a long time and still only have 77 skill points
    3. Players that refuse to do feats because 77sp can get them all their damage crits
    4. Players that don't mod their gear
    5. Players that refuse to listen and learn.

Changes tend to catch these types of players off guard and hence I genuinely do not have a lot of sympathy for them.
  17. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

It seems that you are about the only one that gets it. I feel the same way & I agree with you 100%

It amazes me how players will argue over assumptions. Then we have the ones arguing about something that they totally misunderstood because their lack of reading comprehension or they watched the video with blinders on. These forums never cease to amaze me.
    • Like x 1
  18. Dene Devoted Player

I have a feeling that not much content will be run as ppl figure it out.. I have a feeling i will be redoing my sp/armories A LOT in the first few days lol
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

welcome back!!! i missed you ^^
    • Like x 1
  20. bmce84 Loyal Player

Oh you'll know, the loading screen will tell you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.