Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

They will flip again. It's kinda their thing to flip flop every few months on something 'huge.'

That said, great changes. Too bad nothing gets me excited for long term when I have no confidence anything will stick.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just on how many you put into it. More points spent = more good stats. CR is not related.
  3. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

1. Well I think it might make a difference. May be I am not as optimistic as you, but I'd rather not have the same guys who worked on balance passes before, mostly because- well how it turned out.

Progression might not be the ideal word, but from what I could gather from the quote above and the stream, SCs are going to be critical part of the gameplay. They are reducing the cost and increasing the potential of all the SCs in the game which means the SC mods are going to have a bigger effect than what everyone thought initially.
    This is not totally an assumption, I have done some testing with actual numbers too, to try to relate to this update.

Also, they are removing the Critical bonuses from socket affinities, meaning the Critical head mods will be more valuable as well.
    I am not sure if that is going to affect as much as the SC ones, but that's why I am looking for some more info from others.
  4. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Mepps, is it fair to say that after this change, all powers within a powerset will be viable to do maximum damage as opposed to the limited choices we have now. I understand the melee range difference but i mean from a general standpoint will all our powers be options for us to use now and compete, really letting us play our own way.

For example im quantum and there so many powers id like to use like gravity well or gravity bomb but obviously cant in order to be most affective. Will i be able to now pick and choose how i want to play without being handicapped?
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The display was being cut off - the lower options read 0/17 when they should have read 0/170. There are plenty of opportunities to spend skill points on stats that are important to your role, for both now and in the future.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You will want to choose which powers you use in what situations, or what powers to use together - just randomly smashing whatever together won't yield you the best results, but also won't be as terrible as it is now. The point of removing AMs is to allow you to use any of your abilities, not just a predefined subset.
    • Like x 4
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Proxy i would think dox/nex b4 WM/AMs was a lot harder to complete. It is hard to judge tho because of the cr differential, that dlc got nerfed, and we got stronger (cr increase). Would be interesting to see what it would be like running it b4 the nerf with AM/WM and no cr differential.

I also think what he means is people dont like change, at least most dont. And there are not a lot of players around from b4 gu36. So this could discourage some players into quitting. We all know there will be some players who will leave the game because of these changes. And a lot of the newer players, like 1.5 years or less will have to learn how to play a completely different way. Im not happy about having to relearn the old stuff. Not because i didnt like the game back then. But because i dont like the annual changes to combat. 1st it was clipping, then changed to WM, then changed to AMs, and now changed back to clipping most likely. That is 4 big changes to the combat system in 3 years or so.
  8. Reigning_Kaos Level 30

So after the update what will be the purpose of the aura for atomic in DPS stance
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Wow 170? So hopefully this system stays in place for a long time then. Because that is a large # of sp to max it all out.
  10. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

@Mepps I'll just post here again since it's the only thing that's keeping me from fully getting on board.
    Will we have alternate to SC and Critical Head Mods
    and Will the dovetails be finally removed since WM and AM are being removed now?
  11. inferno Loyal Player

I understand the question. From what i can see when you spec into health "initially" there are two requirements: to be level 30 and to have 20 skill points. Once you have that, you can keep speccing into health for how much you want.
    Once it goes to test, one of the things I would like to know is how many skill points it would take to match the criticals that we have for a role right now. Will our skill points still be of similar value? Right now to go down the skill trees you are required spending around 24 skill points to gain 75 might and 75 precision. I just don't see that happening with the new system on the first 24 skill points nor at 50 skill points. Anyway, to avoid the doom and gloom talk, we will have to wait and see on test to check out the values properly.
  12. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Right, using PIs and what not will definitely be the most affective as it was before all the AMs. That i understand using the powers in concert to compliment each will maximize damage and all that.

But for example say i have 2 powers that both give off the same PI, will they both be options to me as they both will do similar damage?

Also, i may have missed this, but are damage modifiers for each individual power staying or going?

Thanks
  13. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

How "strongly" will this update impact high Cr's affecting the experience of low Cr's?

Ex: Player with a level of CR: 141 with those that are LV 10 in Area 51 (Campaign).
  14. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Is it safe to assume the cap will increase each dlc or will that random at times
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

How are you guys going to handle HL. On one hand you can play from the tray as a player. On the other hand you can do infinite combo and never run out of power. The only way I can see balance is making several adjustments to the powerset.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

1. SC is just one option.
    2. No. Animation times being standardized now is crucial to what lets us do this revamp.
    • Like x 2
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Skill points would continue to be added with new content, and I would expect us to always have more stats available than can be possibly purchased.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll get into details closer to test. In short - yes, the core piece of the update is adjusting all of the numbers.
    • Like x 1
  19. Vartias rel New Player

so whats going to happen to the power points's points do those 15 points stack on what we have for skill point points or are they just not there
    • Like x 1
  20. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I'll rephrase. You said in livestream the cap for say precision is 170. Will that cap increase as dlcs come out or will we have to wait a few years
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.