Test Discussion Episode 25: "Iceberg Lounge" solo feedback thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Here a small video with the locations of the briefings and the reward, I hope to upload soon one with the collection as well as one with all the feats :)

Feedback: The solo is smooth, and really well done, I enjoyed it. Of course as always I could wish to get a bit higher difficulty but well I definitely understand that this needs to be easy for some people.

I might run this just a couple of times to get the collections, but even then, I'll probably run it once get all the feats and that's it.
    • Like x 2
  2. DeadInAMinuteYT Level 30

3. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I coudln't edit my last post but here is the video with all the feats:

Feedback: The feats are way too easy I don't know if there would be a possibility of adding a different feat, probably even adding more peng-bots at the last fight because the feats are kinda easy :(
    • Like x 2
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It's a shame that the Solo didn't carry on the cool trend they started in the Duo, by doing it from different perspectives. The villains version is exactly the same and has the same flow, unlike the Duo, which had the heroes in Regal Hotel first, where as the villains started in the SCU station.

-----------------------------------------------------

One thing which is kind of annoying (but not game breaking) about the final boss fight is Penguin isn't a very mobile boss. He tends to stay where you want him. Most of the time you'll lunge him at the start, which means you're fighting him right at the door way, where the Pengbots spawn and explode before you have time to react.

Perhaps something could be done about re-positioning Penguin? to a more central position? As the Pengbots tend to wander around the room, I feel it'd add to the challenge, without any drastic overhauls to the boss fight and get rid of the cheese by fighting Penguin where his high damage Pengbots spawn.
    • Like x 1
  5. Pults Loyal Player

The good:
    Fun interactions with all the NPCs, Adds don't seem like a hustle as it's in the alert. Interesting plot twist at the end. Little explosive penguins. Had no troubles completing it with fire (did manage to die twice at Penguin).

The bad:
    No idea what the mechancis are at each boss. Penguin does a random attacks that take away more thna half of your health. It's suepr easy with mental. Voices are a bit too low for the first room interractions.

And the ugly:
    Harley's hands clip in the first interaction, one pengbot managed to escape and surprise me in the gem room (doubt it was an easter egg). Wayne's stance looks odd to say the least, looks like the generic one you get when Batman loads in your character preview.

Final notes:
    Progression deeply depends on the powerset. As mental I went through the entire instance in a breeze, nothing was in my way. With fire I managed to mess up with Penguin which resulted in death. With electricity I ran out of power due to the add spawn rate in some rooms but the DoTs melted Penguin.
    The little penguins are very random. When I ran it as fire I had to avoid them becasue they were so many but when I ran it with electricity and mental I saw 2-3 and they all weren't too close to me.

Suggestions:
    Make the voices louder in first room.
    Make Bruce's stance more natural.
    Fix Harley's hand clipping.
    More penguins in the final boss fight. Make them go zig zag not just in a straight line.
    Prevent Harley, Catwoman and Ivy from bodyblocking Penguin.
  6. Pults Loyal Player

Yeah, that kind of bugged me as well. I just don't understand why my hero toon was going after the gem in the last interraction.
    • Like x 1
  7. warpaxio Well-Known Player

ran the solo 10 times, everything seemed fine. i like it.
    dificulty is easy and so are the feats. personaly i dont care of the solo dificulty. there has to be some easy content in the game for casuals. and solos are perfect for them.

here is a preview of collection reward (penguin skeleton base item):
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  8. bmce84 Loyal Player

By now it should be clear that OP powers will always have an easier time on content, which is why I don't believe test server is doing the right thing, players can just switch to an OP power at will and not let the devs, who clearly aren't testing with every power, the real effect of content on weaker powers like Electric.
  9. redwolfyogi Well-Known Player

Tested it three times as tank (atomic 165), healer (celest 165), and dps (atomic 164) (i didnt run troll because i dont think it would end well) hardest challenge i had was the dps with atomic. Since you get countered out of the 3 powers before you're geiger you miss alot of damage and lose power (died due to power loss and pengbots most of the time) but other than that the solo was fun. Kept it interesting. At 166-168+ this solo will be a breeze though. but for those who dont have max cr or skipped May's content all together it could pose a slight difficulty
    • Like x 1
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Wait what? You're telling me the hero version also has you helping Harley and Ivy to find Catwoman, bust her loose and then steal the Gemerald? That...is crazy.
    • Like x 1
  11. Pults Loyal Player

Which is why I tested with the worst mobile power, a DoT power and an easy mode power. It often boggles my mind how players think things are either too easy or too hard. With mental it was a cakewalk, no mechanics, no obstacles. With electricity I struggled with power out. With fire, well I have no idea what was teh casue of my death, either penguins, Penguins special attack or a combination of both. Game's difficulity is greatly dependent on the powerset and how you use that said powerset.
  12. Pults Loyal Player

You try to grab it (this part from a heroes standpoint doesn't make sense) but the girls stop you and plan out to kidnap Bruce Wayne.
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yeah same as villains. Maybe on the hero side you're supposed to be taking it back from Penguin to return to the rightful owner? I'm sure he didn't acquire it by...legal means.
  14. DarkAya Dedicated Player

I'm sure Devs are aware of this and that's why they abandoned the idea of high heel styles a while ago (even for Star Sapphire style) BUT players wanted high heels regardless of this issue so there we go, keep your feet on the ground. ;)
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

First, I really loved this solo.

The location was cool, the briefing reward is fantastic, and I love working with the girls...even if I am a hero.

I don't see what you guys mean when you say that the feet look broken in flight mode...they look fine to me.

I did notice that Fury would not teleport into the second section of the lounge though, which was a little annoying.
    • Like x 1
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I think was got me was power more than anything. No mods and no boosts or profs made it an interesting challenge at 161. The pengbots at the end hit hard. Protip, don't fight penguin at the door, as that is where they come out. You can get hit hard when one comes out.
    I gotta agree. I wonder if they disabled it for this episode? It would make sense. It didn't feel like chunks of health being ripped off by a lovetap from an add. I hope so, they need to get rid of it and if they are weening us off it, that's not so bad.
    Yeah, this solo is really nice. I hope they don't adjust it.
    • Like x 2
  17. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Nice and easy. Did it at 166 cr which is the suggest CR and didn´t wipe once.
    I really love the cure on the map and the history you guys are trying to tell tied to the previous duo. Can´t wait for Wayne Manor!
    Keep the good work guys ;)

P.S. can we have an Elite SOLO in the future? :D
    • Like x 1
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

This is the main issue I've always had with test server, for DWF I bet I could count with one hand the number of Electric, Nature, Light and Rage dps that tested that, but would need all 10 fingers and more to test the number of Mental, Gadgets, Munitions, Ice, Earth, Sorcery and Atomic dps testing it. Something needs to done about how content is tested on this game, as it is not accurate at all, specially how you can buy all the vendor gear for a cycle instantly, as opposed to Live that you would need a week to two to do the same thing, and that's not even counting mods for those of us that still use them.
    • Like x 1
  19. WildcatHunter Committed Player

You can't buy vendor gear instantly on test most episodes. when DWF was released it was tested for over a week before vendor gear was available. Before vendor gear was released and after all testers disagreed with how it went live for a normal raid but weren't listened to.
  20. bmce84 Loyal Player

a week, which most people skip just to have vendor gear before testing, so it still not realistic, before gear wasn't released until a month after content was out on test, in fact we didn't even have marks so we had to do the content for both marks and gear.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.