US Server Restart - April 27, 2016

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Adjani Active Player

A straight up lie?

You:

Who said it has anything to do with the load ?
    The info we go a few weeks back was that instances were staying open, even after players left, which was one of the causes. That's not something you can reproduce on Test.

Mepps from the "few weeks back" that you referenced in your statement:

MeppsSr. Community Manager
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Jacob Adjani said:
    “snip”
    It seemed pretty clear, but yes, we are still tracking down the issue. This maintenance does not include a fix. We do know the problems only occur under live load, so going to the test server would be useless. We expect the reduced population cap to prevent the full on world crash, but again, the issue is still under investigating.
  2. Glacial Breeze Well-Known Player

Vanishing HUD that has been there for years just off of the top of my head. I still drop through the floor on quite a few maps as well.
    • Like x 3
  3. Nuelma New Player

DEAM........
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I think I'll just wait until you learn how to quote properly.
    • Like x 1
  5. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Well time to watch some Doctor Who till the game is back up.
  6. JupiterSavant New Player

This freaking GARBAGE.
  7. Thona New Player

Thank you for the update. Please take your time.:)
  8. Demanial Level 30

YAY no ETA so can we expect a actual fix this time or another band-aid. The current gaming forecast predicts more screw ups with no actual compensation to paying players lucky us, everyone get their boots it's getting deep in here
  9. Dr. Machflame Active Player

You won't find me arguing that this has happened a bit too often recently, but what can we do about it? Tech often fails at the worst time possible, so in reality, this might be out of the dev's hands as well, as I seriously doubt they'd sabotage the very thing that they need to you know MAKE MONEY.
    • Like x 1
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

11. NuclearQueen Active Player

Apart from those not being major issues, they are so easily fixed, I honestly can't believe you brought them up. The drop floor thing is just a random glitch, almost every MMO I've ever played has it. Who cares? Just warp rally.

And as for the vanishing HUD, I've only ever experienced that once, all I did was press T, and it came back.
  12. RyderSM Well-Known Player

With their track record I think you'll have time for all 50 years of the show.
    • Like x 2
  13. scarlettw Active Player

now i feel like beta tester to the new xbox players
    • Like x 2
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

He can't easily quote Mepps's post. It's in a locked thread.
    • Like x 1
  15. Avallanche New Player

It is a problem after another...
    Everything in the game is charged aind in return we have this bad service.
    • Like x 2
  16. Glacial Breeze Well-Known Player

I can't agree at all. My HUD vanishes several times a day, has for years. It has affected the drops that I receive, which is a major issue to me. I can care less if it is or isn't to you. And as far as the dropping through the floor crap. I have not had it happen to me in FF XI, FF XIV, Linneage II, or CoH. It doesn't happen in all games or to all people. Whether you think they are small or major doesn't matter, they affect game play and customer satisfaction a so they should be fixed.
    • Like x 3
  17. tbosh Well-Known Player

No ETA means they are not going to look into it any further tonight and will start back in the morning, imho.

Come on devs, fix this already.
    • Like x 3
  18. NuclearQueen Active Player

But let's break it down.

1- Chasm glitch. This is very, VERY minor. Extremely. Especially considering that the salvaged gear wouldn't produce anything. I don't see how you can't comprehend that stability issues are more important than one instance not being able to salvage ****-tier gear. Just move on from the raid.

2- Ace Chemicals. Fairly sure they fixed this glitch, I ran that instance the other day and had Rinty and Duncan. Didn't get any sort of glitch, they died, and we moved on.

3- I have this feat. I bet if I repeat the process the guy went through with another toon, that won't happen. And I will try it.

You forgot to add proof for the other links saying these issues have lasted more than a year.
  19. JupiterSavant New Player

Sick of paying for two player accounts and never getting to freaking play for more than half an hour a week.
    • Like x 2
  20. Jacob Adjani Active Player

My response to the above, and then your response to mine seems to have been removed...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.