Only Problem I see

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NewbieDougie, Apr 12, 2016.

1. NewbieDougie New Player

So I only see one problem, that is people below recomended CR and people who come to DUO's as a role. Please DON"T you make it harder. That is all.
  2. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

.................what?
    • Like x 1
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Warning support roles are about to flame you
    • Like x 9
  4. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Well dps is also considered a role so what he said makes no sense. Also it seems as though he just started typing mid discussion.
    • Like x 2
  5. Bhanqwa Well-Known Player

Still he's got some blessed vision, seeing that as the only problem.
    • Like x 7
  6. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Yet technically he listed two problems.......:eek:
    • Like x 4
  7. Controller Devoted Player

As much as I used to run my Combat Troller in the duos I rarely do it anymore. I just do DPS and try to get it over.

The lower level duos I try to run Combat Troller but not most of the newer stuff.

But I think what the OP is getting at is a player - regardless of role - joining a duo "at" the lower CR end. It does in fact make the duo tougher, especially when you're not the best Dps out there like myself.
  8. Nextasy New Player

he who whines that theres not many support roles... Also whines if he gets one in duo...
    • Like x 6
  9. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

Meh. I don't mind it so much. Although I do kvetch about it in TS to my league every time it happens.

Controller does have a point. Most people just want to get through it and I've died multiple times in the new duo w/ a partner that lacked one of two things.

A). The ability to effectively do a comparable amount of damage to kill the f-er.

B). The ability to actually do what their support roles says they'll do, for example, if a troll ain't stunning, i'ma get cranky.

It circles back in a lot of ways to the fact that people who have never learned how to actually play the game are at endgame content a week after downloading the game. Hopefully getting rid of stat flattening or wth they're calling it will help with that.
    • Like x 4
  10. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Backseid Devoted Player

Honestly, if you cannot solo any Duo, you're the problem.
    • Like x 5
  12. Phill Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  13. Rigel Cygni Well-Known Player

I like when I'm in a duo and I get a support partner, for me it's actually easier. Come on, most duos can be solo'd. As for below recommended cr I'm ok as long as they do well
    • Like x 6
  14. Phill Committed Player

Yes, a good player running support can make duos a lot easier for weaker DPS that is for sure. It takes longer but sometimes it works for the best.
    • Like x 1
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

*Only sees one problem*

*States two problems*

Support roles are good in Duos. Especially Tanks and Healers. The only reason Support roles aren't good in Duos is when you get stuck with a garbage DPS who can't do good damage. They're usually the ones who preach that players should be running Duos in DPS stance, because they can't get the job done on their own and need someone else to help with the damage.
    • Like x 16
  16. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Wait, there's a healer in my duo? Nice!

I like healers. And tanks. And controllers. And DPS.

Hell, I just like having somebody else in a duo.
    • Like x 5
  17. X-zero Loyal Player

Takes a while to do a solo in support stances.
    Duo no support roles it takes too long
    Alert all dps maybe a healer
    Raid can you solo this raid in your support stance. No my gear kinda low and boot.

Try process again as a dps. Solo is done in half the time. Can get into all content. Gears up dps side. Then wonders why even bother gearing up support stance. Another potential tank or controller maybe a healer lost.
    • Like x 2
  18. RaVzTeR New Player

We are all gear hungry and want the highest tier available however, a CR 113 joining me in a Flash Museum duo is just ridiculous.
    Sure, I can carry the 113 through it but the 113 is going to jump CRs without actually learning/using their power or contributing to the duo/alert/raid, skip CR appropriate content, reach higher CR levels and be a top tier PITA to team with (I am sure most if not all of us have teamed with THAT guy).
    Heck, I know of people who are 145+ and have no idea what PoT is or how to get to Gotham from the Watchtower.

Tank, Trolls and healers are extremely useful in alerts and raids however, heals, PoT, debuffs or tanking in duos is just not required. The duos can be done solo and having a second DPS role just makes it go quicker.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

Maybe I don't want to be a pew pew pew dps?
    • Like x 2
  20. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I actually got asked for the first time ever by my duo partner to tank. We were both CR 158 dps, but I can solo the duo as a rage dps anyway. I know this because my ice dps partner on my last run died on all 3 bosses when they were around 50% health. At least he did help get them half way. I finished all 3 bosses no problem.
    For today's run I switched to tank and we finished no problem, no deaths. I didn't even notice it taking much longer then my run on my main with a quantum dps when we were both 160. It's actually a nice change of pace to have a good support role partner in a duo.
    • Like x 4