Test Discussion GU 58: Rage Mid-range Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fies Committed Player

Besides the one I posted already ((which was just a quick look with low number of parses + is just a bit below 36k on average while including at least 1 f-up as far as I remember)) I did 2 more. Both of them (one of them with well above 40 parses) got me to 35+k dps at <7m. Im somewhat with you since I dont think that rotation should average that high but I couldnt get it to have lower results so far. 32-33k is what I got for midrange DB-spam (with GE) already so it should get a bit higher results with RA included but I was surprised by the outcome myself. I partly use the log-analyzer already but decided to post screens of the ingame-log for more credibility so far. Usually I dont fail this kind of math also :) Need more parses to exclude "chance" as much as possible but I still think 34+k wont be undershot.
  2. Avian Dedicated Player

Anyone know how close to the target you need to be for Relentless Anger to work? Still testing and I'm noticing a lot of weird stuff xD
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

i activate power 1 and 2 on the wheel of my mouse, turning it forward and backwards.
    my problem is: neither the rage combos of frenzy nor revenge are working properly,
    if activated like this. on the other hand, eviscerating chain and outrage are no problem!
    celest has the same strange behaviour, where some combos work, and a few just don't....
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Pretty close, about arms lenght away.
  5. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Tunso what can be realisticly done about Beserk is a buff out of the question? Why not extend supercharge duration to 10-15 secs or even 10 sec.
  6. Pults Loyal Player

5-7m I think.
  7. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

r even extend the range to mid range
  8. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Beserk lasting only 6 sec is not enough time to push out high damage
  9. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Rokyn do u agree
  10. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

i say extend beserk to 10-15 secs and it would make beserk a viable supercharge
  11. Avian Dedicated Player

Yeah, personally I think it's about 0-4/5m from the enemy but I'm not entirely sure. Need to do more testing.
  12. Fies Committed Player

Just ran another test with 48 consecutive parses. GL/BL/RA->DB-spam

2 screenshots- parses are overlapping (at 37691 parser) to show its indeed consecutive.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Average (of 48 consecutive parses) : 35828 Dps
    Within <7m range.
    Edit: contains initial parser as well as an obvious eff-up @ line 3 of the first ss (hitcounter: 75)
    • Like x 1
  13. Avian Dedicated Player

Tunso Test
    Rage
    Precision test
    10x 10 second parsing test.

Stats
    - CR 126
    - Might: 8900
    - Precision: 4835
    - Wpn: 5806

Incluedes R&D mods, mainframe mods (max damage, core strength and relentless precision), generator mods, league hall proficiencies and 160 SP invested.

Exlueded the first parse of every test.

Melee Test 1

Rotation:
    1 Galling Eruption clipped with Bloodlust clipped with Relentless Anger
    2 E-chain full combo clipped with Outrage full combo clipped with Revenge full combo > repeat until Bloodlust comes off cooldown.

Average DPS: 35.7k
    [IMG]

Melee Test 2

Rotation:
    1 Galling Eruption clipped with Bloodlust clipped with Relentless Anger
    2 Dreadful Blast full combo until Bloodlust comes off cooldown

Average DPS: 36.6k
    [IMG]

Mid-Range Test 1 (within 13m)

Rotation:
    1 Plasma Retch (JC) then Bloodlust
    2 Dreadful Blast full combo until Bloodlust comes off cooldown then repeat 1

Average DPS: 31.4k
    [IMG]

Mid-Range Test 2 (within 13m)

Rotation:
    1 Galling Eruption clipped with Bloodlust

Average DPS: 32.4k
    [IMG]

Max Range Test 1

Rotation:
    1 Plasma Retch (JC) then Bloodlust

Average DPS: 25.5k
    [IMG]

Max Range Test 2

Rotation:
    1 Bloodlust

Average DPS: 25k
    [IMG]

My opinions:
    I think the Melee range damage is a bit on the low side personally. When the melee combos are the only way to get the close range damage it should be in the 38k range.

Despite Dreadful Blast not receiving an additional buff within 7m range I'm still getting consistent higher numbers using it at close range along with Relentless Anger compared to using the melee combos. I can't really tell if this is intended or not but I don't see how it can be fixed in anyway.

Galling Eruption is overall a better choice compared to Plasma Retch as long as you are standing close enough to use it. Plasma Retch is only useful if you have to go max range and even at that point it's a bit questionable. When trying to run tests with Plasma Retch in the rotation vs. just using Bloodlust the difference in damage is somewhat insignificant in my opinion. I think it's because Plasma Retch has to be jump canceled and that results in a bit clunky rotation/loss in time.

Regarding Tanking:
    I haven't done any tests on this but decreasing the cooldown for powers like Outrage would take away the risk/reward system of Rage's Rage Crash mechanic.
    • Like x 9
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

For a pure range rotation try starting off with BL then retch followed by 2 DB's then back to retch and 2 DB's. Clip BL in on the second DB. You end up having BL ready before you can use it sometimes but i find it flows better then doing retch then BL into DB. I was getting decent numbers like that. I still have some range stuff to test out though so i can't say for sure what i think is best yet.

And ugh that dove tail kills the jump cancel on retch its so sloppy feeling.
  15. Avian Dedicated Player

Yeah. I tried experimenting with Plasma Retch but overall the damage it does + having to JC and deal with the dovetail seems like it just lowers your overall damage because the more time you spend on using it the less DBs you can do.
  16. Fies Committed Player

Close Range (<7m) GE-BL-RA-Ferocity->DB-spam (refreshing Fer together with other buffs only)

Average: 37188 DPS

[IMG]
    The fact that the easy DB-spam all-range rotation (with room for other abilities) hits at least as hard as a dedicated close-range setup is a bit questionable imo.
    • Like x 1
  17. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

just wondering did it make it to test today or no? o_O
  18. Rahkayo Active Player

I agree the duration of berserk should either be extended or berserk itself should buffed.
  19. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

The duration of Beserk needs to be increased considerably partically it should be 10-15 sec maybe more.Ice for example has a supercharge called Ice elemental that basicly makes artic gust do double its normal damage and lasts 30 sec. Also Beserk should have midrange capability or the damage should scale according to How close you are thus allowing utility at long range.
  20. Tunso Developer

I am told, there will likely be a new test build up today and it should have those changes. So keep your eyes peeled!
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.