Question for pc players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sleepy Healer, Feb 16, 2016.

1. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Glad to hear that push-to-talk often doesn't always work on the PC side either. On PS3, it absolutely doesn't work during a loading screen, and I could never be sure when it was working otherwise.

PC players' speakers (and ears) are very sensitive to open mics. Even with a PS player turning down the master mic volume, it only turns down the mic sensitivity, and doesn't do much about the volume. I suggest PC players turn down the game's master voice volume, then turn up players individually. It's more effective to turn volume up in the game than it is to turn it down for some reason, even solely across PS.

All talk about settings aside, there are also rude people. If you're going to munch on something, or need to have a conversation, make sure you have a mute button on the mic itself, or have a dummy channel you can quickly switch to before you take that first bite.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

The open mic thing that is commonly associated with PS players does get a bit annoying. On PC i've noticed that mic defaults to push to talk. Does PS default to open mic? if so can a green name comment as to why this is?

The thing i find interesting is a lot of PC players are adjusting to in game chat and a lot have no idea how to switch voice chat channels or setup custom channels. I've probably taught 100+ people how to switch from auto chat switching to manual recently.
  3. Delta796th Loyal Player

Ran PB a few times with what was almost all PC folks.
    Get to console part
    (IN CHAT BOX)
    3....2... ugh someone went too fast
    3...2....1 wait somebody didn't hit their console
    OK Everyone ready?
    3...2...1. Uh, someone went on 1
    Wait for go guys!
    3...2....1...GO

This literally took 6+ tries for them to figure it out. It was like the blind leading the blind

All jokes aside, people need to get over themselves and adapt. Are there mouthbreathers in chat? (YUP)
    Same with crunch n munchers, talking on phone...you name it happens. First thing to do is call them out on it...Nobody wants to be known as mouthbreather or likes to fight with wife guy (they'll usually stop or get booted) Easily reduce that persons volume to nothing and you are good to go. Half of the time I get on is to joke around and talk with my league mates, because I actually enjoy talking with them.

I've met some pretty decent people over the years by talking with them. I honestly don't know why you wouldn't in an MMO
    • Like x 4
  4. Minnion Devoted Player

Nah... We either have someone with a mic designated to calling out blocks, or we learn to do pickups and how to recognize the reflect animation... We just prefer to type otherwise... (Since cross-play is a thing now and mics are common PS side odds are there is always gonna be at least one guy with a mic who can call out when to block... Just make sure nobody has that guy muted by way of asking in text and we should be good to go.)
    • Like x 1
  5. Minnion Devoted Player

Well for us PC players who may be reading this now, how about a rundown of the basics of how this works... I think it might prove useful to smoothing out the transition some... ;)
  6. TroEL Dedicated Player

I have no problem with PC guys typing in chat but most of the time a PS player is just going to read it and respond on mic. The amount of PS players that have a keyboard for chat is extremely small. Typing back a reply on the console is clumsy and time consuming if it's anything more than a 2 word response
    • Like x 2
  7. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

In pugs, no mic is fine - in my League, you use a mic, PC or PS.

It's that simple...!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 1
  8. BigAl Devoted Player

In game doesn't always work. Let me share an experience from yesterday....

Logged into the game to be pulled into a PBn pug by a league mate. He had been at the 1st boss for a while with what appeared to be a group of PS and PC players (more PS). He had also pulled in another league mate when he logged on, and the raid was progressing....roughly. Two players quit so one person started pulling his PS league mates in. We did some switching around and got everything set up to start a good run at it. Beat the 1st boss and went on to wipe a few times on Grodd. Didn't take long for one of the PS players to start with the "PC players suck" comments. Joking or not, its an ongoing disagreement on the threads and in game, so I didn't find it funny. (I was helping, and loot locked, so I didn't need to be there.) After another player quit, the PS group pulled in another of their league mates. A few more dumb@ss comments, and the tool found their way to my ignore list because I didn't want to derail the raid. We finished the raid, and the dps tool that was making comments....didn't do much more damage than I did as tank and was there longer than me. o_O

Purpose of the story- it is official, I'm glad I didn't have my mic running, because they would have gotten an earful. :mad:

I was under the impression that the majority of the player base was in their late teens and up. Was I wrong, and are there more infants here than I thought?
    • Like x 1
  9. David Ivanenko Committed Player

[ENTER] -> B -> [ENTER]. Done! All while pressing [SHIFT] to Block.

B = Block.
    R = Ready.
    T = Teleported.
    A = Aura.

It takes less than a second to type those.
    • Like x 1
  10. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

yes, yes we do. because it's a crude and inflexible set up that leads to anything in the room providing horrible noise pollution.
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yea if you havent played with the PC / PS person go to group chat and be friendly stop being anti social pricks.
  12. Harlequin Devoted Player

Friendly or not, if your mic is open, you'll be muted.
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Lets see I have been asked this question once or twice over the years so here are my go to responses.

1. I have my 85 year old mother living with me so I can take care of her and my computer sits on a desk in the living room. I have no desire to subject her to cursing and screaming come out of the speakers. AND to answer the follow up question I almost ALWAYS get from that .. I also have no desire to wear a head set and have that CURSING and SCREAMING bouncing back and forth between my ears. Let's be honest even I have , at times, let a curse word slip off my finger tips and into a chat box but there is a huge difference in personal censoring between having to sit and physically type out a series of curses and just opening your mouth and screaming them.

2. Same as everyone else.. I have no desire to listen to you eat potato chips in my ear. If I want to listen to music I'll decide what I want to hear .. not interested in listening to your BLARING in the back ground. My kids have grown up and moved out why in god's name do I want to listen to ours crying, screaming or whatever in my ears?

3. Been playing the game for over 4 years on PC and amazingly unless its a brand new mission where one guy knows the special details we need to accomplish for it to be successful just exactly how much chatting does a team need to do? In most cases on PC it may amount to "Hi Thanks for the invite".. and the beginning and "Thanks for the team" at the end. On a team with friends we may make a few jokes between mobs but basically .. since we need to type to converse.. and you need those same fingers to move your character and attack if your chatting then you are NOT helping the team. Same thing can apply to using a MIc. Mid battle if your making comments about how cool that last scene you just watched on the Flash was .. ""Wait? Your watching TV and playing this game? Is that why I am dying over here? How about you shut off the TV , stop chatting with everyone and TRY healing like your supposed to be doing?" Yeah I know its a stretch but it happens. I had one league mate quoting lines from the show he was watching during combat... and that was back when the ONLY people I could play with were others on PCs. SO he was watching TV and typing about what he just watched WHILE we are trying to take down a boss. Some how I seriously doubt I was getting 100% of his best effort at that particular moment LOL
    • Like x 1
  14. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Been there, seen that. I found it amazing that as PC players we have beaten raids over and over again with out any voice chat and many times don't even type, but people like those you mentioned say we suck. On a side note though, ran PB with no mic even though everyone insisted I use it. Got the most damage, and constantly had to pick up players. For some reason they did not want to take out the turrets for the first boss and kept dying.
    • Like x 1
  15. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

As stated, the PC players use programs to communicate, and most leave the chat off game.
    These days even a PS player wanted to talk to me there had to call the CHAT to speak to him ...:p
  16. Veritech Loyal Player

I've turned ingame chat on since crossplay to hear the ps people. Previously only used raidcall, teamspeak and C4.

Only one person I've pugged with has talked to me so far, no issues typing back in reply and both of us being understood.

Mouth breathers are a bit off putting but are easily muted.
  17. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Um yes I can, maybe you can't. Speak for yourself.
    • Like x 3
  18. Nemisor Committed Player

The only time i use a mic is on TS with my league or if theres alot of PS players in a raid and they need to tell me something. other than that i avoid it like the plague.

So many times ive tried to use it and either it doesn't work or its full of kids trying to sound cool ( 12yo white kids calling everyone n**** or talking about getting p***** ) or just heavy breathing/eating/burping.

its all very uncivilized. :p
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I have never used in game chat regularly so it's a mystery to me. Somehow my Push to talk is the same for Discord and DCUo, despite the keybind being something else for DCUO. Ironically that keybind also works.

And just for some insight, my Push to talk is my block button as well.

Do you sound like Hugh Jackman?
  20. MenToc Active Player

Been using voice chat on PC forever... Push to talk is not that hard, using a controller or a keyboard.
    Yes it does not work during loading screens, and locks open if you have it activated when the loading screen shows up until you toggle it again... not a big deal.

We had some dude that "Had to take a break for a business call" funny enough to answering machine from "the developers of uncharted". Dont know if the call was real... but I was not impressed one way or the other.

On PC you do have crappy mics that pick up EM noise from every where and open mic is UNBEARABLE when it sounds like they are playing inside a huey.

You can get noise canceling mic headsets. Mine cost 35 bucks and I have returned 100$ headsets just for the mic.

At very least cover your mic when you are not playing.... dont feel the need to perform impromptu steam of consciousness poetry about the raid. I dont care what type of music you are listening to.... we cant hear it well enough to appreciate it.

I HAVE to play with a headset as my wife plays on the machine next to me... 2 sets of speakers just a bit out of sync would be too much.
    • Like x 1