DCUO is Coming to Xbox! (More News to Come)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dexella, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuclear Ninja Well-Known Player

Can't wait for all the new players to show up.
    [IMG]
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Bit of a stinker in that regard, but none the less congrats on putting the game on Xbox One. I'm sure I'll dabble around to help the pop on that platform.
  3. DPGLERCH New Player

Reading over this I am happy to seem you opening the game up to a larger player base, but I don't see why its listed on pc launchers I am happy don't get me wrong but you cant really expect people to start from scratch on a new server. Hope it works well and you get a lot of new players.

Sorry Just not following why this is in the banner.
    • Like x 1
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

They just gave access to MILLIONS of more players. This is nothing but a good thing, regardless of whether or not PS/PC players can play with them or not. More players means more income, more income means more in depth content. More in-depth content means happier customers. I just hope they straighten some things out before the Xbox launch.
    • Like x 5
  5. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I really don't think they're expecting pc and ps players to start from scratch per se on Xbox One. Its opening up a new platform for a brand new player base...millions of new players. You'll have some drop their support for this game on the ps3/4, because its Sony, the Evil Empire, and solely play on Xbox One. I would have liked to seen our Daybreak details carry over to the new platform.
  6. Zpred Dedicated Player

Don't want to sound rude, but is this where all the Dev time has been spent all this time instead of delivering more content/powers, or the UI? Or other bug fixing etc, don't get me wrong I think it's great that the game is expanding on another platform, I have no issues with Xbox etc.

Or is it a seperate team or have you hired more staff?
    • Like x 1
  7. eanur Well-Known Player

My thoughts about this is this could be such a massive step for Dcuo and will, above all else, bring much needed revenue to the game but im afraid that this wont get advertised enough to get that much of a push at the start on launch.
    Will Daybreak be splashing a bit of cash to get some decent advertisements like TV or Youtube advertisements?
  8. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I agree with everything you said.....I still think it sucks (for me) that we cannot play with those on Xbox. It is probably better for them however because they will be able to go through everything at tier and enjoy it all for the first time (without high cr players blowing through everything....for a bit anyway)......I wonder if they will come up with new tricks for things like the Fos 2 bridge lol.
  9. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

Us severs should be together and eu servers should be together not by console but by region
  10. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

More players=More money=More resources=better game

Simple as that.

*Waits for "well actually guy" to ruin things*
    • Like x 2
  11. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Absolutely. I wish we had access to that whole new group of players, but I think it's probably better for the game. I have a bunch of friends on Xbox, and I'm curious to see what they think of the core game without people able to just blow through things for them like what happens now.
    • Like x 1
  12. BigAl Devoted Player

Xbox huh? I hear the PS3 crying in the corner, he knows he's gonna get kicked by the team. ;)
  13. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I'd care now, but I gave up console gaming a long time ago. It got to be too expensive for me. Plus, the games get boring, after awhile.
  14. ErnieB Loyal Player

just so you know, EU and US will still be separated, cross play only allows for PC and PS within their regions.
  15. ErnieB Loyal Player

Hey please add this question to the next show, will I be able to make a toon in PC and play over on PS, or will I still need 2 different accounts?
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

If you actually play DCUO and don't just come here for the threads, then you would care. That means, potentially, more players. Which in turn means, potentially, more money used to develop the game.
  17. ErnieB Loyal Player

lol I should have added this too, sorry,will my current All Access grant me the same features on PS or will I need 2?
    Just so you know I don't mind having 2 accounts, just as long as I can use the same character.
  18. SkullGang Devoted Player

Please tell me they are working on the new UI in tandem.....
  19. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Already knew that..The question was if the Xbox One's EU and US servers will be crossplay with PS and PC's EU and US servers. Which has been confirmed that they won't.
  20. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Shaved that down a little....I won't be holding my breath that more income for DB Games means that one cent more goes back into the game than it does right now.
    Maybe after the porting is done it will free up resources that will be used in other areas (of THIS game)? Maybe those extra resources will just be trimmed?
    That being said I think it is good as far extending the life of the game goes.:)

I was hoping that PC would be merged with Xbox instead of PS, it just seemed to make more sense technically.
    While the prospect of a PS/PC merge has it's merit the technical problems are going to be a nightmare.
    They can't get the PS4 and PS3 to play together nicely, throw PC in and it's gonna get spooky.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.