DCUO is Coming to Xbox! (More News to Come)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dexella, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErnieB Loyal Player

yeah, and this isn't a DBG problem either, Sony and MS just don't want to share servers, they claim is an infrastructure issue, that's bull, they just don't want to share revenue.
  2. aortenruptur Well-Known Player

The news is not as disappointing as this "funny" show/live stream, but still ...

As a PC/PS4 player the separated XBox1 is helping us how?
    Taking away resources with i.e. already very very thin spread developers is good for us?

The solution, let DCUO stay with the PS3 players.
    Make a DCUO 2.0 for PC/PS4/XB1.
    Better CITIES/MAPS/WORLDS, POWERS, WEAPONS, MOVEMENT MODES, ANIMATIONS, etc. etc.
    CROSSPLAY for ALL, ONE region, ONE server!
    If not possible because of stupid M$ vs. $ony BS, make it TWO servers, ONE region.

And let us still loyal paying costumers play DCUO the way we deserve it!

#
    • Like x 2
  3. comrade sonya Committed Player

Important questions

-Will there be launch exclusives for xbox players
    -Will they get the opportunity to sign up for a lifetime membership
    -Will the dev team be expanding?
    -What lessons have the dev learned from PC/PS4 that they will apply to the Xbox side of the community
    -Will the forums be combined?
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

thanks i was just wondering that.
  5. Scorpion Well-Known Player

Long over due to come to xbox but way to late. Not a lot of xbox one player are gonna be interested in a last gen game on their system and if they were hoping to bring back old players the a different platform with the servers separate its just pointless. I would've loved to play DCUO on my xbox 2 years or even a year ago but now, no.
    • Like x 1
  6. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Good. They have a fresh start. Hopefully, the new community is mostly comprised of "brand new members".

A New community may mean new rules and new expectations. This also may mean a new team working on the Xbox One. Lastly, DCUO and the community can finally criticize itself more reliably. In a way, "DCUO" has been talking to itself in order to improve.

Note: If there isn't a new team then just... wow. The current team may need their own superpowers to provide for both systems.
  7. amazonianmale Well-Known Player

So any plans of lifetime for PS? Perfect opportunity with the PC server merge.
    • Like x 1
  8. darkscarletx Loyal Player

WOW. :eek: Really? I can't believe it. That's awesome! More players to play the game and with the console they like. Great news. And love the poster. Thank you.
  9. dcuobestmmo Committed Player

So what does seperated server mean even though there is crossplay?
    Wnot see them in instances or only see them In open world or not at all?
  10. HumanoidThrills Well-Known Player

I'm wondering how different the game will be by the time xbox one version is released. I would really dread T4 if I were starting over.

Does this mean there will be a new bundled version of the game?
    Is crossplay between Xbox/PS/PC something DBG will continue working to acquire?
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Xbox players need to be with ps players. They need someone to help guide them up otherwise it'll just be a bunch of clueless new people running around like chickens with their head cut off.
  12. Boardermelodies New Player

Just started playing, and maybe it's just the area I'm in but I've only seen one other real player...It kinda bummed me out. I was a big fan of CoH and came to this game to scratch that itch, but one of the cool things about any MMO is wandering around and seeing all the other heroes. Hope against hope that Microsoft sees the opportunity to set a trend here.
  13. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I'm envious of that, I'd love to get in on actually being able to play the whole game again.
    Not enough to run out and buy a console tho;)

But damn those guys going to have some fun!
    • Like x 1
  14. aortenruptur Well-Known Player

- Yes
    - No, that is against Ferengi Rule #101 (What is better than making money? Making more money!)
    - NO, that costs money (see #101 above)
    - DEVs are not there to learn, they are here to work
    - If it is costing less than separated ... perhaps

:p
  15. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Xbox and PS will be two seperate servers it seems. So each its own server.
  16. AdaptiveAndroid Well-Known Player

How will the Xbox servers be? Will it be separated into US Xbox and EU Xbox or will it be one xbox server?
  17. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

They will be like most servers; powered in a rack
  18. Redman_x Well-Known Player

This is good news for PC but bad news for PS. Now there will never be a crossplay between PS and PC. It will most likely be just a PC and X Box crossplay.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Im aware. I don't agree with it, I feel they'd have more sucess on one server but oh well I guess. More money rolling in means more improvements.
  20. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Yes, I want improvement too so it's good news. Xbox players will learn, just like ps players learned too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.