Dev Discussion Episode 18: "Blackest Day" (+ Elite) Operation Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Thank you for the video. I'm looking into it further now. In the meantime, if anyone comes across this behavior again, if everyone in the group warps to rally it should reset the fight....though I totally understand that's not a permanent solution, and it's frustrating to get that far on a boss fight and not be able to finish.
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Can't warp while in combat.
  3. JackFrost Developer

Dang. You're absolutely right.
  4. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Time to change that ? :D:D
    • Like x 1
  5. JackFrost Developer

So I haven't found a proverbial smoking gun as to the cause of this issue, but I believe it to be a timing issue behind-the-scenes. I'm adding a failsafe and making a couple minor tweaks that should prevent him from getting stuck in his bubble again regardless.

Is this something a lot of people are seeing (ie. is it prevalent on a lot of runs, or is this something that has come up very infrequently)?
  6. Nawtae Well-Known Player

I haven't seen it. He normally comes out after all the adds present are defeated. Then there is another wave after he comes down.
  7. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

I've ran this a bunch and I haven't seen that behavior.
  8. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

There shouldn't be any impossible combinations for the group. Attacks should be timed out such that it's at least possible for the group to survive.

Had an issue where he pulled everyone in with his Ragebringer-type pull (frequently, you can still be pulled even when blocking), then he immediately did the thing where he does a PBAoE and stuns everyone such that when they break out, they each have their own PBAoE damage. Between the splash damage from adds, the damage from the pull, the damage from his AoE, even just one person breaking out when we're all next to each other was enough to wipe the group on regular ... I can only imagine Elite. The two attacks back-to-back was an impossible set up.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

anyone else getting a quick rapid succession tick from the Corrupter now with hotfix from 11-18?
  10. YinChakra Dedicated Player

There's two corruption ticks you could possibly get, 1 from the dead lanterns, or from the corruptor himself with his grey flames. Also, lifetakers and abolishers emit grey corruption flames.
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

yeah, there weren't any dead adds yet but our rage tank said he got 5 rapid hits of fatal corruption that caused him to get KO.
  12. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

I've gotten way more than 5, below is the worst run of them I've seen. There's two ticks at 16K and 18K (crits?) mixed in with a steady stream of around 5K each. I lived through this one with good healing and heavy Ice shield cycling, but usually I'm dead in a few ticks.

[IMG]
  13. Ichiro Loyal Player

I am just curious if anyone knows if black hands attacks are supposed to hit really hard or is there something the group is doing to cause it.

I have seen hits ranging from 20k to 40k on the following moves
    Disturbing touch
    finisher
    melee attack
    range attack
    stomp

I checked and sometimes I had fatal corruption but other times i did not.
    • Like x 1
  14. ZORELDA New Player

I never come to complain in the forums , But I have to say not happy with the fact I replay the new raid Black Dawn and have not received a 130 drop yet. I have done the elite as well as still nothing.
    I like the idea that we can use salvage to get the plan to make gear, But really 500 metal scraps !. I play everyday and 500 metal scraps from only the new content is going to take about 6 months . there will be new gear by that time. And I replay the duos and raid .
    I think the amount of scraps should be lowered this is kind of ridiculous..
    Also not receiving gear is just not right. It is also unfair to charge for the elite...When we do normal elite should not cost to play..
    I pay to play the content in this game . And to buy replays and never get a drop ? At least lower the metal scraps . This is highly a money making racket and not fair to legendary members at all...
    • Like x 1
  15. JackFrost Developer

The Fatal Corruption shouldn't stack, so you should only be able to get it once, no matter the source of it. Then it should tick every ~5 seconds. It's possible that some severe lag could make it appear as if you got it more than once in a short burst, but that should not be the normal behavior. If you are seeing rapid multiple ticks, please let me know... and a video may help diagnose what could be causing it if it were to occur. Thanks!
  16. JackFrost Developer

Every time a player is KOed in the fight with Black Hand he gets more powerful (either a little damage or defense buff that stacks). If players are KOed a bunch and rallied a bunch, he'll do some fairly significant damage.
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

could u plz take a look at the "undying corruption" feat ? we cant get it even on first attempt which is not necessary

thx
  18. JackFrost Developer

Just so I understand, are you saying that you believe you're meeting the conditions, but that the feat isn't completing for you? Or are you saying that it's not possible for you to get the feat because it's too hard for some reason, etc? I'll look into it either way...thanks!
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

20. JackFrost Developer

I just tested the Undying Corruption feat and successfully got it locally, though that doesn't mean that there isn't a possibility of something being amiss. You're correct--you should be able to get the feat even if your group wipes on the boss and re-attempts it. The main requirements for the Undying Corruption feat are that no one is KOed during the boss fight in that run, and that 8 players have the Fatal Corruption by the time Black Hand is KOed. Looking at the data, this is how it should work, and there's nothing apparently incorrect in the data. Is it possible that someone was KOed during the run in which you all beat the boss while everyone had Fatal Corruption?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.