Letter from the Executive Creative Director

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Spytle, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Hello, DCUO Community!

I'm posting today to share some great news with you. I'm excited to let you know that I was recently promoted to Executive Creative Director at Daybreak Games. This means, in addition to being responsible for the vision and creative direction of one game, I will now be involved in all of them, including DCUO, PlanetSide 2, H1Z1, EverQuest Next, an unannounced title, and more. I'm thrilled about this opportunity, and am looking forward to helping each of the teams in their efforts to continue making the best games here at Daybreak.

It’s moments like these that make me reflective. I’ve been heads down on DCUO for quite a while now. So long that, in thinking about it, my day-to-day on DCUO has actually evolved quite a bit over the years. It’s hard to believe, but I’ve been on this game for nearly a decade. In that time, the game has gone from nothing, to an Alpha, to a Beta, to eventually launching on PC, PS3, and then PS4. It’s gone from being a retail disc purchase, to a free-to-play download, from DLC to episodes, etc. We’ve added so much content, and broken new ground. I have learned a ton – both good and bad – and throughout that time many of you have helped me on that journey. Thank you for that. Thank you for being a part of the community. Thank you for being a fan of DCUO.

While I’m really excited about taking on my new role, I’m equally excited that SJ Mueller, our Associate Creative Director, will get the chance to step into the spotlight. SJ is an amazing person and colleague. She has such a passion for the characters in the DC Universe, and it shows in the way she takes high-level ideas and deftly fills in the details to create the rich lore you have all enjoyed in the episodes to date. She’s an amazing talent to work with and I know she will continue to lead the charge in leveling up the game.

I’d also like to call out Jesse Benjamin. Jesse (Loche) is one of the most passionate and dedicated developers I have ever worked with. You cannot imagine the time and energy he puts into this game. Please don't forget that, because he deserves a lot of praise for the exhausting hours he puts in.

It’s been amazing working on this team. It’s a tight knit group that does first-class work and really cares about the game. They pour their heart and souls into the game every day. I know the game will continue to make amazing feats, and I am eager to work on it from a different vantage point.

Thank you for your support of our team as we work with you to make DCUO even greater in the years to come. I'll miss Austin, especially Mepps, who I have decided to kidnap when I move to California to begin my new journey at Daybreak Games in San Diego.

Thanks everyone! I look forward to seeing you enjoying DCUO in my new role. Until then, have fun in there!
    • Like x 77
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

Congratulations!
    • Like x 8
  3. Surkilo Well-Known Player

so umm will we still see you on friday night live?o_O
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Congrats Spytle. ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Congratulations ! I hope your new job is fun and rewarding :)
    • Like x 6
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Wait, what?
    • Like x 41
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

lmao i knew you would say something ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. Patm82 Well-Known Player

Congrats Spytle :D
    • Like x 1
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

hes gonna be streaming less often but we will miss him Good Job Spytle Congrats
    • Like x 1
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

congratulations Spytle
  11. Patm82 Well-Known Player

probably but i'm sure he'll still stream when he can, this is why he's been so busy i guess :cool:
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

:cool:yep it was fun
  13. akaivy Dedicated Player

CONGRATS!
  14. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Congratulations! I kind of saw this coming with the mix of games on your channel. I will miss your 100% presence @DCUO of course. More SJ is a good thing too!
    • Like x 3
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

Grats!

Now, light a fire under those EQNext folks. Prove it isn't vaporware, please. While you're at it, reopen the forums. Thanks.
    • Like x 2
  16. Hemmy Committed Player

While we may complain on the forums, sometimes quite a lot, we still love this game. If we didn't, we wouldn't take time out of our days to express our opinions. You've put up will all our collective "constructive criticism", and we thank you for it, without you and the awesome team behind you, we wouldn't have the game we do today! It would be selfish for us to want to keep you for ourselves, but we can't help it. For as many as I can speak for, mainly myself, thank you for all your hard work, love, and care you've put into this game!
    • Like x 10
  17. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Yes Yes a release dates a good start.
  18. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

shoutout to SJ for being awesome!
    • Like x 2
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

grats dont get to comfy at the other games :p
  20. Veritech Loyal Player

Grats Spytle!
  21. Marcus Aurelius Active Player

Congrats Spytle! You will of course now be needing some horcruxes in order to split your self into the parts requisite to your new responsibilities. Should such prove to be the case, contact me. I know a man, who knows a man, whose Mother's female cousin on her Father's side, may have dabbled in this sort of thing. Until such time... may good fortune continue to attend you in all your endeavors.
    I remain: Ahazuerus
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.