So about those Blue Lantern & Indigo Healers...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darkerusaelp, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Water is going to be great and all but...
    ....can you imagine a group full of Lanterns?

Rage Tank, (Fear) Hard Light Troll and (Will Power) Hard Light DPS and a Blue (or Indigo) Lantern healer.

In case you missed it we will be getting cross Faction Queuing. Soon the Sinestro Corps and Green Lantern Corps will be working together along side the good and evil Red Lanterns.
    • Like x 2
  2. MariaTenebre Committed Player

I would support Blue Lantern as a healer power but I would prefer Star Sapphire as a Healer power for both genders and both factions however I absolutely will not make another lantern character if the power is Indigo.
    • Like x 1
  3. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I say bring all 3 to DCUO along with weapon style packs. :)
    • Like x 2
  4. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Even though Indigo has the most chance out of all of them (proof)
    • Like x 2
  5. MariaTenebre Committed Player

I don't have an interest in making an Indigo character and besides I think people want Blue and Star Sapphire the most anyway.
    • Like x 1
  6. Avian Dedicated Player

Not this again...
    • Like x 7
  7. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

I would PREFER to NOT make this anymore of LANTERN UNIVERSE ONLINE and keep with the POWERS already mentioned. ATOMIC, SERUMS and now WATER. After those are done then maybe they could look into doing a HEALER LANTERN.

BOTTOM LINE: I just don't want to be playing LANTERN UNIVERSE but instead DCUO thanks. IMHO.
    • Like x 3
  8. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Has Blue and Violet ever shown an ability to cure/heal physical damage beyond the basic "Self-cellular regeneration" every single Corps ring has pre-installed? Blue has only showed a "mental healing", meaning curing emotional distress (more or less). Violet has mostly shown to encase everything in crystal.

Indigo has shown an ability to mend physical wounds, though we don't know to what extent they can do since they're largely unexplored in background.
    • Like x 1
  9. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

They (Daybreak) recently gave us new hairstyles and Batman cowls because so many people asked over and over for them, so then I assume that if we (The Players) show them that there is enough demand they may decide to add the power in the future.
    • Like x 1
  10. Avian Dedicated Player

Oh, I think you misunderstood me. I absolutely and unequivocally don't want any more Lantern powersets to be released for this game. If we rank the groups of the community that gets the most attention from the DEVs then the DPS community are number 1 and the Lantern fans are number 2, number 3 is the rest of the community of this game. And "completing the role set" for Lanterns is simply not a good enough reason to add a third Lantern themed powerset to the game. Only way I'd be okay with them adding another Lantern powerset is if the PS3 community would finally upgrade to the PS4 so the game can stop supporting the PS3, heck... If they do that they can even add the full roster of Lanterns to the game.
    • Like x 1
  11. megamanexe Committed Player

how are you playing lantern universe online? a game that isn't real
  12. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Because he thinks that 2 ring related powers out of 15 powers, 13 of which being not lantern related is too many because they're popular. Then they say that the 5 or 6 Lantern based dlcs out of the 16 or 17 we're at now is too many.

So people complain more cause of "burnout" than anything related to the powers themselves. Though they tend to ignore the results as thus: Insertion of a ring bearer who heals their allies will cull the number of threads about said healing ring deputy on the forums.
    • Like x 1
  13. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Great, another power that can delay serums. And blue lanterns only makes sense as a troll.
  14. The Quickster Well-Known Player

Unfortunately Indigo makes the most sense for both Factions
    Hope- there cant be Hope Villains
    Orange- Larfleeze don't share, but who cares
    Star Sapphire- Seems to fit a troll role better and no boys allowed.
    Black and White- Should be off limits

Some people might argue that Indigo only use staffs but who cares, make a Healing power like Sorc's Soul Well that looks like a construct staff stuck on the ground and it heals you when you're near it
  15. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I agree with you for the most part. I think the Blue Lantern power set would be hero only, while the Indigo or Star Sapphire power set would be a variant just for villains.
  16. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Absolutely.
  17. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I am as excited as the next person about experimental serums because it may be the closest we get to a powerset that lets you enlarge your character like Giganta.
  18. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I started out on the PS3, I really think all the hate on PS3 is unfounded. I'm totally understand that PS3 has more issues than PS4 and PC players but if the only reason that you want PS3 dropped is because you think that the system is holding back PC and PS4 players think again. Our fantastic Dev team is capable of optimization of DC Universe Online on all 3 platforms and on Xbox One as well soon enough (If Daybreak still views the potential for market growth in that area).

PS3 will be losing support probably by next year. All consoles eventually do. However PS3 has a larger install base than PS4 and even though the experience of playing DC Universe Online is leaps and bounds better on Personal Computer and PlayStation 4, at this time IMHO it would be bad business to turn a cold shoulder on the PS3 consumers.

For a better lack of words it would be like dismissing the old 50's Superman TV show just because it's in black and white.
  19. Avian Dedicated Player

There are plenty of things that we simply can't get in game because of the PS3 can't handle it. The DEV team is excellent but everything they do has to compensate for what the PS3 is able to handle. They have done all this with PS3, imagine what they raised the bars to only concern themselves with what the PS4 can handle. We can't have new big open world environment similar to the cities, infact Blue lanterns were dismissed because they weren't confident that they could do it justice with what they had. Same with Water which we are getting now because the players were fine with the animations Aquaman was doing in HH.
    • Like x 2
  20. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

It's getting to be that way with the GREEN/ YELLOW/ RED we already have then we have BLUE/ VIOLET/ INDIGO and now BLACK within the game now. So YEAH it's starting to feel like LANTERN UNIVERSE not DCUO.

BOTTOM LINE: I would RATHER see the other powers they have already mentioned to come BEFORE we need anymore LANTERN POWERS. That means ATOMIC/ SERUMS/ and now WATER.
    • Like x 1