So about those Blue Lantern & Indigo Healers...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darkerusaelp, Sep 26, 2015.

1. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

Don't put WORDS in my mouth PLEASE, make your own OPINIONS. I'm not complaining about LANTERN POWERS per-say what i'm more interested in is to COMPLETE the POWERS that have already been ANNOUNCED before making any more LANTERN DLC.

BOTTOM LINE: Finish with ATOMIC, SERUMS, and now WATER before any more LANTERN DLC before this game becomes LANTERN UNIVERSE ONLINE instead of DCUO.
  2. Pults Loyal Player

Well, the lantern dlcs were great. I'd play them over any Halls of Powers instance anyday. Also the Lanters are a huge part of the entire DC comic universe and other than that there are only a few major figures within it.
    I just hope something Booster Gold related gets released in the near future.
  3. megamanexe Committed Player

the things you mentioned make up only a minority of the game....
  4. megamanexe Committed Player

they already postponed serums to make water healing do you really think theyd drop that to make lantern healing when they couldnt even figure out what lantern power to use?
  5. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

EXACTLY they already DROPPED SERUMS because people always gotta COMPLAIN about everything they ever try and do.

BOTTOM LINE: it took 2 years roughly for them to FINALLY drop FLASH so yeah i don't want to wait for years to come for the other powers that have already been ANNOUNCED due to the fact people want to change this game to LANTERN UNIVERSE instead of DCUO. Some of us were looking forward to SERUMS just to be CRUSHED again by people on FORUMS who do nothing but COMPLAIN.
  6. megamanexe Committed Player

postponed* not dropped.
    it wasn't because people complained. it was people praised the water effects in HH. blame the devs not the forums.
  7. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

Which if you were around was the COMPLAINT from like 3 + years ago now and has been on-going since then.

BOTTOM LINE: ALL of the changes we have seen since LAUNCH have been because people constantly do nothing but COMPLAIN on the FORUMS. Don't you know that according to the COMMUNITY 90% of the time the DEVS can't do anything right.
  8. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Actually Men can join the Star Sapphires. Geoff Johns stated that Men are not barred from joining and John Stewart is a full fledged member of the Star Sapphire corps and other Males have wielded Violet Light as well.
  9. MariaTenebre Committed Player

I think that every ring has an ability to heal it's wearer and other Corpsmen. Besides it is pretty much all relative what is a Healer, Controller etc. Either way if they make Indigo the Healer I won't make another Lantern character as I am not interested in them. What makes the most sense is making Star Sapphires for both genders and factions. Besides once the Indigo ring gets on villains it pretty much turns them heroic by flooding them with Compassion.
  10. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Since player rings don't follow the normal rules and terms of the actual rings (for example, if a rage or fear player encountered a blue lantern, their damage would be 0-1 because Hope basically breaks the strengths of Avarice, Fear, and Rage, while any Will player gets supercharged because of how the Green and Blue corps correspond to each other.) Indigo rings via players would more than likely not feature the "forced mind control" the rings would enact otherwise.

Also, 1 verified male Sapphire (who would only work for heroes and not villains) and 4 temporary deputies doesn't classify the emotion for males, even if they aren't necessarily banned from utilizing the emotion. Remember, males COULD use the power, but 99% aren't worthy (mostly due to the stereotype that those 99% are "too macho" to show feelings I assume), and seeing as it seems that the player standpoint is we don't "love", rather than "make chaos" or "uphold the law as a civic duty", I still don't see it happening altogether.
    • Like x 1
  11. megamanexe Committed Player

i was around butt he complaints weren't the reasons devs decided to do the water powers. it was the positive feedback about the water effects in HH. idk about 90% but i do agree the devs make a lot of stupid changes to this game
  12. Dom-Eon Dedicated Player

Keep that hope alive ;)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. MariaTenebre Committed Player

First it was never stated that 99% of Males are unworthy. It was stated that most Men aren't worthy but most people in general are not worthy of being Lanterns period. I also used the example of the Red Lanterns on the most part they are pretty villainous however slowly they added more heroes in. Even in game the only heroic Red Lantern seen is Guy Gardner. However the power in and of itself is neutral and the devs wisely made it for both factions. Just because the Star Sapphires have fewer Men then Women dosen't change the fact that Men have never been barred from the power as Geoff Johns stated and you have John Stewart as a full fledged member as was Abraham Pointe and other Males wielding Violet Light like Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Superboy Prime etc. Also there are quite a few Men who are not too macho enough to show their feelings as we see John Stewart is one of them so therefore the power should be open for both genders as we make our characters storylines and there is nothing saying that we can not make Male characters worthy of the Violet Ring for some Men are indeed worthy of the ring. Just like Red Lantern is faction neutral even though the majority are villains so too are the Star Sapphires gender neutral even though the majority have been Female. Because heroes are not banned from being Red Lanterns and Men have not been barred from being Star Sapphires as comic lore shows.
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

I can't believe no one has ever thought of this!

Oh, wait, they have. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

You don't want Lantern universe online? and yet you don't question the present state of the game, which is DPS Universe online
  16. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Ya'll keep demanding the Indigo Healer Lantern power every day in a new thread.

The're gonna screw around & announce it then release it as $40 Dollars Non-Free to Legendary.:p:rolleyes:

We all know what happens when we get what we want from the Dev's after we nag them to death.:rolleyes:
  17. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

How about crossplay first and #uniteTheStlyes and the New loot system for all content Coming soon Near you ;)
  18. MariaTenebre Committed Player

I do not want Indigo as a Healer and will not make another Lantern character if they have Indigo to be the Healer power.
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

I think we've reached saturation on Batman and Lanterns. Time to start delving deeper into the lore. It's time for Section 8 to make it to the game. The next power should be dog welding. Different breeds can have different effects. #TeamSection8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_8_(comics)
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No, he's not. He was a Star Sapphire for like 4 pages of one comic during the Godhead storyline. The very next issue he went back to being green.
    • Like x 2