Work In Progress Powers and Balance: Introducing Midrange

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Sep 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remander Steadfast Player

Agreed.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Atomic will release with melee, midrange, and range capabilities.
    • Like x 9
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have not specified any specific time table. It's an unknown we'll know more about once we get further into the process.
  4. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

So not for a while huh ?

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. generalzod Committed Player

i think your right but i also think we could keep going very very deep basically a whole new game or design and that's why i say it could be a year or more if we get very detailed ! just like burst vs non burst way too many variables !
    Edit : to get these variables close i think just buff and nerf powers based on easy of use and burst ! so then set up powers and combo powers all hit a little harder then burst and movment powers
  6. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Are you further into the crossplay process, the fixing PvP process, or the atomic process? We're still waiting on more information on these, it'd be great if you guys could hold back on the "IN THE FUTURE..NO EXACT DAY BUT...SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE, WE'LL DO THIS FOR YOU GUYS" announcements until you have a planned release time set. That way we aren't kept waiting on these planned updates and fixes that are just stacking up without a release date.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

So Ice for example, that have range and "mid-range" options, he'll get eventually a melee option?
  8. tinoman Dedicated Player

i see it being more damage when closer when using artic gust or avalanche when in between 0m-7m something like that just increases the damage some instead of making a whole new power for melee. same thing like quantum if you are in between 0m-7m you gain a big increase in damage when time bomb explodes. 7m-15m small increase to damage when time bomb explodes . 15m-30m normal safe damage. btw the distance is not accurate lol just throwing out how they might just add in a melee damage increase to the powers instead of revamping every power that does not have a pure melee a.m. or pure mid range a.m. sorry if this is hard to read or understand
  9. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Meta Care Level 30

Any plans to fix nature dps? Kind of frustrating to have to try to time/ work loadouts/forms to keep up on dmg when ice can just spam one power and out dps everything.
  11. Amazon Princess Active Player

Sr Mepps with all my respect can i ask please? with new midrange for example u can balance all powers for equal damage? i mean if my celestial dps fight side by side with quantum and ice we can do same damage? can my celestial hit 100k+ like quantum or so fast like ice? have u think these options like ice start damage from 1st second when celestial do nothing until finish the 1st combo? i'll appreciate any answer about, with respect.... from a slow celestial 136cr 237sp xD
    • Like x 1
  12. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Or keep it as is and realise that some players actually like the rotations. I don't alternatives but don't "fix" something by "removing" parts that actually make a powerset interesting to play.
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Just a few questions.

In the new balance pass for all powers, what will happen to Field D.o.T's?
    This is in relation to Divine Light, Corrupted Divine Light, Debris Field, Circle of Destruction, Soul well, Totem,
    Galling Eruption, Inferno, and any Supercharges that are Field DoTs

Some of these abilities have the capability of being cast at Max Range, while some require you to be closer. They have a large AoE and Radial effect, so will they be buffed based upon their radial area? Or will the be buffed according to their cast at range, mid range, or melee?
    • Like x 2
  14. Dhaileon New Player

Sorcery and Earth for example both have the fastest burst damage attack which would be a disadvantage for you. Until you charge your RcW the adds already die.
  15. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I think that is why they want to do each powerset one-by-one to address those nuances in each powerset. Just as an example Nature does have a midrange component with the Carnaged versions of Roar and Serpents Call. However if if you cast it midrange and move to range you still get the midrange damage. Is that fair? Unfair? Should you be forced to stay in midrange for that increased damage?

I don't think a general response can solve all nuances in each powerset.
    • Like x 1
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

Rather than 1 by 1 more like side by side.

Do 1 power. Do the next one balance both of them. Then do another and balance it with those 2, and then another one and balance with those 3 and so forth.

How long exactly will that take. My guess is a year.
  17. Superskull85 Devoted Player

That is not what Mepss posted (notice the bold sections):

Given that one update comes out a month this process should take 15 months in this order after Game Update 52 goes live:
    1. Celestial phase 1 & 2 balancing
    2. Gadgets phase 1 & 2 balancing
    3. Add range checks to Fire
    4. Add range checks to Light
    5. Add range checks to Mental
    6. Add range checks to Rage
    7. Add range checks to Munitions
    8. Add range checks to Ice
    9. Add range checks to Quantum
    10. Add midrange for weapons (implied 1 update for all)
    11. Add damage increases to support roles (implied 1 update for all)
    12. Add range checks to Earth
    13. Add range checks to Electricity
    14. Add range checks to Nature
    15. Add range checks to Sorcery
    That is IF each update always includes a damage alteration. Sit tight folks. ;)
    (Unless what was implied is not pure truth.)
    • Like x 1
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea thus further fueling the FOTM pattern for another year
  19. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Geez 15 months at the least lol
    • Like x 1
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yeah. I would think the Damage increase for Support Roles is one at a time. (Which would probably be better than getting it all done at the same time)
    seems alright. 15 months probably. Maybe 10 months if they get it a few done at the same time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.