so...server merge is coming...thats great but..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by just an honest dps, Jan 28, 2015.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'm sorry you're going to have to deal with our crappy community too on the PC side. I'm so, so sorry.
    • Like x 3
  2. High Troller Loyal Player

If referring to the lag issue, this I can see as a problem.
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

That's going to be the bulk of it as some aspects of other things can definitely be controlled by players.
  4. Hyoga New Player

Do we have a date as to when the merger will happen?
  5. inferno Loyal Player

I wonder... with the servers being merged and this "new" technology that improves their server capacity does that mean DCUO is finally ready and able to maintain a large population in any open world content. i am more excited about that possibility.
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yes for PC and PS4 players. But not for PS3 players sadly.
  7. Sarcasm Committed Player

i still can't wait it's going to be so much fun with ps players :D
  8. Dezaras Loyal Player

I'm on both PC servers. Maybe I'll see some PS guys running around.
  9. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I've missed some stuff being on holidays so forgive my ignorance, but what server merge? And what is going to happen to our character names?
  10. Impulsively Committed Player

They're wording it as a "cross play" rather than a traditional server merge apparently. And the name thing is still up in the air. Which worries me because I have two characters that share names with PS-side characters. From what Mepps said, it sounds like one or the other will end up being overwritten.
  11. Waterfall Well-Known Player

Captain Liberty said they are hoping to have it done by the end of april
  12. Capt Coolade Active Player

sooooo...any updates on server merge???
  13. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Yep, it's been canceled due to Daybreak ending PC support for DCUO early 2016.
    • Like x 1
  14. the solowing Unwavering Player

when cross-play is in ill try to stick to play with the forum users
  15. Supergirly Dedicated Player

16. FESTER665 Devoted Player

It's still planned, but they have no idea as to when....

My guess is all resources are working on getting the game to port over to Xbox1, THEN we will see a server merge, THEN they might get back to work on the UI...

Things that have a chance to make the company money go to the front of the line.
    • Like x 2
  17. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Can't really argue with that.

Just hope crossplay does make it, as people being able to reliably get groups has got to help with player retention and thus profits.
    • Like x 2
  18. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I agree, that's why I put it ahead of the new UI. While the new UI will be a welcome change, I would think having the PC players actually see much higher populations would be better for the longevity on the PC side.

I know my one buddy who plays on the PC side will be joining our league as soon as the merge happens because his league fell apart.
    • Like x 1
  19. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

While I can see the doom apparently impending from the merge, I think it will only help bolster the game. When people who have left due to a small population see that the merge is happening, they may come back. And with Daybreak bringing on Xbox as a platform, it'll only swell things further. Looking forward to this!
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

My guess is not until next year.