Changes Coming to the DCUO Marketplace!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrWon Committed Player

True, now if there's a player who has a lot of money and don't mind spending it all on legend toons, then MoL is basically useless. Well there's still the Modern Batman Skin and Classic which adds up to 250 MoL, but it's just skins...

EDIT: actually moden batman requires legendary, so if it was a freemium player, then that player has only classic batman(150MoL) to buy. MoL is officially useless once this overprice expensive marketplace feature is out.
  2. MentosTroll Loyal Player

I'm sure Columbus Nova is behind this move to make everything more expensive.
  3. Deathhwish New Player

I just don't see why a power, that you have to also buy a power token to switch to with, is 600. So altogether you're paying 16 dollars jus to switch to a new power if you're premium, 20 even since you can't put only 16 dollars in the market. Isn't skimming only 500? I don't see the difference between a power and a movement, so how come powers aren't 500 also?

And the dlc or "episode" content. How come there's no change in price for numbers 10-13?
    • Like x 2
  4. Franchise New Player

not much different then legends pve? please explain that. You dont get feats just for having the character in legends pve
    • Like x 1
  5. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

I don't get all of the hate over the Last Laugh pricing and Legends pricing. If Last Laugh is going to get WAAAAYYYY too expensive, then go buy the Ultimate Bundle right now. It'll include the first 4 episodes, 3 powers, shield, 2 legends characters, and access to 7 (IIRC) legends characters with MoL. It's only $30.

As for Legends pricing beyond Last Laugh, why not just take a month and subscribe. For $15, you'll get 500 loyalty points, access to everything, and you can grind out all the legends characters you want before going back to premium status. Sure, you will only have the legends characters on the toons you unlocked them with, but who cares? If you want to play legends, play it on the one toon. Unlock the Legends feats with replay badges for your others if you want.

I welcome this change. My only worry (from the view of DC Universe) is that this doesn't give me much incentive to pursue legendary membership. I switched back to premium when I went back to school, but I bought the Ultimate Bundle so I could grind out lower content feats in the mean time. Now that I am about to run out of stuff to run, I was tempted to get Legendary again. But now that I see I can get episodes 6-9 for only $15, I think I can hold off on Legendary for a few more months.

What I would like (and expect) to see is the DLC packs come back as "Sale Bundles" during certain times of the year.
    • Like x 2
  6. L T Devoted Player

There is no price change because they didn't come with any powers, weapons, or legends, and (probably) because they are still selling well at $10.
    • Like x 1
  7. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

You need to run the content once, but yeah....
    I bought Zod and Superman and ran LoA once with each.
    I'll never use than again for anything but feats.
    I didn't want them when I was doing my PvP feats.

Now, I need to buy Hal Jordan and Sinestro for feats.

Next, I'll need to buy Bizzaro and Steel

That's why I said ...maybe the PvP Character collection feat should require the player to use the toon once.
  8. timetracker2643 Active Player

Ah considering that I'm NOT seriously going to read through all 8 (as of this comment here) pages, Mepps is there any chance on making it easier for those coming in or have been here for a few months but have stopped playing due to the fact that in order to get to the higher up content, namely EVERYTHING AFTER CR86 that you have to keep doing the same bloody instances over and over and (well you get the drift), and 90% of the time when you get locked you can't get the Marks that you were hoping for in order to get the gear. I've read of a lot of people getting burned out over that because there's nothing new to play between the zone of the last CR to 86. I know that there are those on here that don't mind it, but I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about those that I've been reading on the G+ community pages that have been getting frustrated over the entire thing (and I honestly can feel them on that considering that even I'm getting tired of trying to get up there and have to work my butt off only to find out that I didn't get the Marks that I should've in the first place. Any chance of lowering the cost on Tier 4 and higher just to get that gear please. (Yeah I know, long dragged out just to ask that in the first place, but it's super important for that long dragged out to get a better understanding of the point.)
    • Like x 1
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

How is that different from buying an old DLC, that cost $10 and then having to buy a respec token for another $10? I don't understand this thing where people think they're entitled to a free respec when they buy a power.
    • Like x 3
  10. smouged New Player

So... basically good news for new players or players who hasn´t bought old Dlcs and screw Loyal people who has bought every DLC because you are gonna have to pay much more if you want to have everything you used to buy for 9,99$.

I see so much avarice in here.. I think Premium players are an important part of this game, you might loose some of us with this change.
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Well DLCs with just content have been $10 for over a year now, and I didn't see many people complaining. Amazon Fury Part I had just content. Halls of Power I had just content. War of the Light II had just content. Amazon Fury II also had just content.

For some premium players, yes it will work out more expensive. For others it will work out cheaper. If someone wants to progress but doesn't care about Rage powers then they can just buy War of the Light Part I. That works out at a 50% saving for them. If somebody wants the content and the power, then yes they will pay $1 more.
    • Like x 3
  12. Deathhwish New Player

I really didn't say anything about a "free respec", I jus don't understand why its 600 and not 500. Im legendary so I could care less, but for the people that are premium :/.
  13. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

If you're a serious player....wouldn't you already be Legendary? ;)
    • Like x 6
  14. KN1TE Dedicated Player

When P.C. merges with the P.S. server, will we be able to switch platforms back and forth like we can with ps3 and ps4? There r times I would rather play on p.c. but I'm not buying the membership or DLC again. This would boost p.c. players if the option were there to switch and have the same characters etc.
    • Like x 1
  15. ErnieB Loyal Player

Couple of things:
    1. If you raised the price for Last Laugh, would that allow you to have all maps available all the time, to be more specific Safehouse maps?. If so I believe it would be worth it, waiting every month to get a specific maps for a rotation is sometimes a problem since when they are, most don't play them anyway, and if they do it's a farming group which is another issue as you have to sometimes wait you for a space to join.
    2. I believe this is the time to add a new way to expand the wallet other than with All Access, some have said it before this came along, by getting a certain number of expansions you can get more wallet space, yes it could affect the amount of All Access memberships, but it would allow more players to join the game since higher content is an issue if you don't have friends to help you or spend half the time framing for mats to trade.
    I do like this changes, it gives more access to content now, the game is pretty big and now days you don't really need everything to reach the higher levels, at most you need maybe 5 DLCs or Episodes to actually reach T6 successfully, and since you can't use PVP gear in PVE it's not necessary as it was before to reach higher content. Anyway good job on this devs, also someone asked this and I would like to know too, any word on when the next Booster Bundle is coming, I'm running out of radars and replay badges lol.
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No, they confirmed you can not move characters between PS and PC. They will remain separate.
    • Like x 1
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Spytle posted on Twitter today that from Thursday morning map rotation is being removed, meaning all maps available all the time.
    • Like x 2
  18. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Actually first DLC that "officially" came out with missions only was War of the Light Part II since Weapon Mastery came out with AFP I and League Halls came out with HoPP I, it's just that both of those features were given for free.
  19. ErnieB Loyal Player

yeah just saw that, but still he said if all goes well, and well when does everything goes well here?
  20. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

Ok.

Now fix the Broker search engine, it's deplorable. Thanks
  21. Itazuki New Player

The Last Laugh being $1.99...So true, so true. At least we know the Devs know when they made something bad.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.