Roll back Cheater toons to Feb 3rd & return replays: it's fair

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TKMcClone, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlequin Devoted Player

No but a parser could be written to process the logs. I'd wager they already have the tools to do it.
  2. La Shark Dedicated Player

Wow, a lot of new members.

Identities have been changed to protect the innocence :)
    • Like x 9
  3. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

lol You seriously are admitting to being a cheater in the open for the devs to see. Please, permanently ban this fool. Not only did he violate the game's terms of service, but he also openly admitted to doing so in an open forum. Players like you are just making good honest players look bad. Please, just go away.
    • Like x 10
  4. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

True I'm sure they have parser already built. Although my original point was that it's not like they just write a quick query and get results.

I have no idea what their logs look like though so I just hate saying that it is easy for them to tell who did this or that in an instance. I know from experience that looking through large log files is tedious and can drive you a little nuts at times.
  5. IamZACH Well-Known Player

Yes One Pieced and Select Few have a lot of core players that are in both leagues but I can promise you OP/SF members never have and will never get special treatment and never get anything early
    • Like x 2
  6. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

I can't wait to see what you guys will do , please chose the right decision , if u need names I can provide a lot
    • Like x 1
  7. Kai El Well-Known Player

I've been quiet about this since it started happening but I figured I'd finally put in my two cents. This whole situation is sad. Not the glitching, but the outlash about the glitching. All these people calling for players to be banned or whatever - Mepps, this is the community that has been established in this game. I don't know what you guys are going to do seeing as glitches have been in this game since day one so the fact that people have glitched this raid should not be a shock to you guys. Now, I don't know what you're going to do or if you guys are going to do anything. But just remember that your actions have repercussions just as much as the players. You may have a job with this game, but players are the ones that keep this game going. So whatever players are affected by your "data", you could possibly see a drop in this game's population. Skilled, veteran players aren't developing or evolving - they are simply leaving because of the direction of this game & how it's being ran. Newer players are coming in, not knowing what they are doing - weakening the strength of skilled groups so those players who aren't skilled enough come to the forums complaining about being kicked from groups or content/powers needs to be nerfed because it's either too difficult or they don't understand it. Those players are the ones that seemed to be catered to the most & I was under the impression that we are a community, not a minority.
    • Like x 2
  8. FESTER665 Devoted Player

"Skilled" veteran players that needed to glitch the top tier raid to get their gear are the last people that need to be catered to.

Those people complaining there's "no challenge" or "nothing to do" while at the same time glitching to get full gear could all leave IMO and it would benefit the game.
    • Like x 15
  9. Solmes202 Loyal Player

This community does not need and should not cater to cheaters. It is, you know, equally possible that HONEST players would leave if the cheaters are NOT punished. For this reason I don't think the Dev's will consider who might stay or who might go in their decisions. Jor should they. There is a difference between right and wrong and it isn't very hard to see it.
    • Like x 8
  10. Cirocband New Player

Well clown box was patched from what I was told.
  11. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Pow! Well said!!
  12. Kai El Well-Known Player

It's pretty safe to assume not every player that glitched is "skilled". There are lots of CR115+ players that don't even have over or close to 100 skill points.
    • Like x 1
  13. Cirocband New Player

For future reference, can you guys work on getting a PS testing server. Maybe if you guys had one, we would caught this glitch earlier and you guys could've patched it. Just a suggestion

Honestly the only people they should get are the full 101 CR 116 guys. OBVIOUSLY they glitched. But when you think about it they can't punish one group without punishing the others, which is where the problem really unfolds. Not only were players glitching the elite, but the regular throne was being glitched too. Meaning there are a lot of 114's along with the 115's and 116's that have also surfaced due to the glitch as well.
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I seen the expert mod with my eyes, don't know how he/she got it, but it was there. Not fully modded, but 1 mod
  15. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Correct, but your post makes it seem like they're going to lose a ton of skilled veteran players based on how they deal with people who glitched.... If they leave because people were banned for glitching then I'm assuming the ban or removal of gear affected them.

I've been playing since launch. I feel like I know my job and am decent at the game. This veteran player hopes they do the right thing and strip the gear from anyone who abused the glitch and issue a 5 day ban to those players.
    • Like x 4
  16. Harlequin Devoted Player

Well, I saw Bigfoot in bed with Elvis. Tupac taped the whole thing. It was hawt.
    • Like x 5
  17. Kai El Well-Known Player

Exactly my point. Their actions as to what happens plays a factor on both sides. IMO, the majority of "honest" players are the ones on here complaining, and probably are the ones who couldn't beat the raid legit in the first place (just an opinion), and are upset that those who did glitch received gear that could not get based on "skill".

Okay - I'll play along. Say those players who "glitched" get banned or whatever. Most will probably leave the game at that point. So these "honest" players win that battle & you're back in the raid. Those players still couldn't beat the raid in the first place so what's going to happen? Threads will open up about nerfing Throne. THAT is the community that is being catered, and it's unfortunate.
    • Like x 2
  18. Kai El Well-Known Player

And your argument is saying that "honest, skilled" players could possibly leave based on who glitched. Yeah, it works both ways. Let me ask you this - How many players have you kicked from instances who "didn't know what they were doing"? How many threads have you seen with players asking "Can't Get Into Content Because Of My CR"? "Keep Getting Kicked"? "Nerf This Power"?

Those are the Catered. Those are the Minority. That's who they are catering to because if enough people complain, something will change. My God... look what happened to PVP in this game.
    • Like x 2
  19. IamZACH Well-Known Player

If you come to Dallas I know a really good eye doctor and therapist that can help you
    • Like x 2
  20. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

How skilled are they really if they needed to cheat multiple times on the "elite" challenging raid that they have been begging for?

Just as many skilled elite players didn't glitch it and are watching as well. Just as many f them may leave in disgust if the Dev decide to align with the almighty dollar and allow this game to become the Wild Wild West in which anything goes.

Being at end game, with a few skill point does not entitle anyone to cheat. The ToS are pretty clear.

If the Devs want content to be meaningful and long lasting then all the glitters should have the gear deleted and serve a ban.

We are a community, and all this skilled elite cheaters are doing is teaching the new players how to cheat. I don't want those people in my community. Throw them out, take away their gear. There is no excuse for the cheating, glitching, exploiting.........

you excuse "but we are the veterans that make this game" is a joke.
    • Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.