Request to the Dev Team

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solmes202, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Solmes202 Loyal Player

I realize that the Dev team will patch the Throne glitch shortly. I also realize that there is no way to determine exactly which players benefitted from the glitch. However I suggest that all 101 gear be rolled back to 100 prior to putting the glitch fix in place. In my opinion this is the only way to be fair to the largest group of players. We can't go on rewarding people for cheating.

I do realize that some players have gotten 010 gear that did NOT Cheat but perhaps if the gear is rolled back it will be an incentive for players to self police the community against future glitches. The president for this is the cash adjustment made after the economy went south due to the email glitch.
    • Like x 4
  2. Prismghost Active Player

101% agree
    • Like x 1
  3. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Request to the players: Get over it.
  4. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Disagree. Cheating hurts the game and the community which is largely honest.
    • Like x 9
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

Get over it. We dont know who did it legit, and who cheated. Besides it will all be pointless come May.
    • Like x 3
  6. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I agree with that. Cheating does hurt the game. Which is why they should fix the glitch. But removing players' gear that may have honestly earned it ? Absolutely not. That would hurt the game.
  7. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

Roll back the servers, refund replays, fix glitch...BOOM! Cheaters never prosper and everyone can do it again legitimately.
    • Like x 3
  8. GuyverVII Well-Known Player

I don't get why people are getting so upset about it!

1.It's a game
    2. In a months time nobody will care
    3. It's not like new stronger gear will come out within a few months
    • Like x 3
  9. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

Guess you werent around for OC and the mass exodus that caused and if you were then your just being blind.
    • Like x 6
  10. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I was around for OC, I've been playing since the open beta, and had no problems with a "mass exodus." In fact, I don't even see a correlation between players glitching content and other players leaving the game. Why would you quit playing a game you enjoyed because other players may be abusing a glitch over one weekend ?
    • Like x 1
  11. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

I am a 114 electric dps 172 so and I tried to get into ToD last night but was passed over numerous times by people who only wanted quantum, most likely to glitch it appears. That is why people are getting upset.

1) if it is a game why did they need to do it? Since it is just a game the can be rolled back. If they did it honestly they should have no problems doing it again.
    2) you are correct, if they roll it back in a few months no one will care, but the people who glitch will know what happens in the future.
    3) since stronger gear is coming out, rolling it back shouldn't hurt anyone.
    • Like x 4
  12. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

I have 8 elite drops legit, not interested in having my loot taken away. Thanks.
    • Like x 5
  13. GuyverVII Well-Known Player

Well sorry hear bro but to me rolling the gear back or not makes no difference
  14. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I'm willing to give players the benefit if the doubt.

Form your group, stream the whole thing, or post an unedited video to you tube.

100 plus and counting 115's on USPS and not one league thread and video of we beat throne elite.

Not one video on YouTube that's a complete unedited run.

I'm calling BS.

I hope they never waste the time to make hard content for players ever again. It was wasted effort on Origin Crisis it's wasted effort in Amazon Fury 2.

Since most of the pkayers that are glitching the crap out of Throne elite are not I'll be ashamed for them.

just give them stat clamping and let hem complain

Edit: Not one you tube video posted after the 2/10 hotfix
    • Like x 6
  15. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

If they were to drop the gear from 101 to 100 then they should refund the replay badges that were spent and we know they won't do that .
  16. Ebon Angel New Player

As someone who farmed exobits when they were introduced and lost hundreds of millions of game cash due to "mail glitch" but never got the bits I sold back, I will never condone rollbacks to punish a few.

Correct the problem and move forward. Unless you have video proof.
  17. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

No way, the Devs can't just throw a punishment blanket over everyone for something some people did.
    Some players have been farming the first two bosses legitimately and spending replays to do it.

However, if the OP mask only drops from last boss, I can see pulling those from players
    • Like x 1
  18. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

I agree,

Anyone who would have beaten it legit would have posted it
    • Like x 3
  19. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Just edited there is not a first and second boss video post 2/10 hotfix

There is a second boss video but to anyone who knows what a couple of the exploits are you can garner an idea of why the first boss didn't make the cut
    • Like x 3
  20. ACW37162 Loyal Player

As to why I or anyone should care for that matter.

A certain segment of community has asked over and over and over and over agin for hard challenging content.

The developers within the confines of limited resources and attempting to create content for everyone in the game devoted time, effort, energy, and precious resources to creating this content. With it they created a reward structure that would allow those who could figure out how to beat it to be able to show off to everyone. They would carry not only better gear but the gear would have a higher CR value so if you were so inclined to peacock you could shout that you were a higher CR then most everyone else, because you earned it.

I personally didn't care for this, after this having lived through OC but whatever they decided to spend the time and resources to do it.

Right out of the gate the community broke it and exploited it and as of right now you have about 100 plus CR 115's and growing that didn't earn it and a majority of could not even tell you the current mechanics of each fight.

Now for the best part, instead of working on what's next or munitions, or the new UI, or the nest DLC, or the next survival mode, or movement mode appearance package . They are going to have to pull manpower to find and find fix it.

Now for the really really best part all the cr 115's who glitched the crap out Throne elite once it's fixed will only run with other 115's and they will all have a district gear advange when the Fortress of Solitude survival mode drops and guess what they will be even more exclusionary then

This doesn't happen it vaccum. I do care and I'm not going to apologize for it
    • Like x 8