Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

So there's no plan to reset the money on the USPS ?
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Voice will be integrated just as it is between PS3 and PS4.
    • Like x 8
  3. Predicament Well-Known Player

If there won't be a way to link accounts, what about playing my ps characters on a pc? Or my pc players on a play station
  4. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

This is all starting to become very exciting, and the responses are very much appreciated !

But might I suggest either compiling these responses or making some sort of FAQ, for players who may not have time to read this entire topic :)
    • Like x 3
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

So now can I have access to test sever using my PSN account ?
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Thank you for the clarification.

Much appreciated. ;)
  7. Radium Devoted Player

Thats the plan, yes.
  8. not_again Dedicated Player

This is a horrible idea. First of all everyone who bought name change tokens in the last 3 days should have their market cash returned. Allowing PC players onto the PS server will be an absolute nightmare. I am sorry the PC population has dwindled so low that this is the seems to be the best solution. I say you should get in agreement with PSN and let them make an account and transfer over the PS server. I do not want to be in raid groups or PvP with custom built super computers.
    • Like x 1
  9. Miggly Committed Player

Can't wait to see the HOD and WT population.
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

this will indeed shock all pc players... its better to set a cash limit for ps players which they can take with them before merge !
    • Like x 1
  12. Heartsbane Committed Player

Does this mean that when it happens I'm going to fight this PC "Heartsbane" for my name? Because that will piss me off like nothing else.
    • Like x 3
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This will not be possible.
    • Like x 1
  14. rawlings42 Well-Known Player

I am not a fan of the idea outright, With Marcos and the rendering issues it seems like a poor decision and goes way against PS3. And considering what most players want is the Powers promised LAST YEAR! I hope this on a far back burner as it only takes away from the game and does not add to it.

USPS has no problem with it's queues or popping for instances/PvP. After this is implemented I may be done with PvP aspect of game. And if there isn't enough content left PvE then the game.
  15. Azrael New Player

so when is this cross play thing happening?
  16. Sore Steadfast Player

Can we say never say never? What if one day you were able to take advantage of the same account linking that'll get Test Server access to PSN players and made it so that a PSN player could play the game on a PC but all marketplace options are disabled for them unless they are on a PS3/PS4? Vice versa might be prohibitive. That might take some work because it'd be more than just disabling the marketplace option in the menu. There are pop-ups for sales, options to buy replays in queue menus, etc.
    • Like x 1
  17. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

No if there's going to be a money limit for USPS going into this they need to let people know now there's been enough rage from losing real money because of the name change scam I don't even want to think about the rage that will happen if they single out the USPS for a money cut.
  18. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I just got a visit from a GM ingame because of my support-ticket:
    He refunded me the money for the token into my SC and deleted the token from my inventory.

Thanks for that, SOE.
    • Like x 11
  19. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

SHHHHH! you prolly wasn't supposed to tell errrbody! :p
  20. Astral Lantern Well-Known Player

Unreal......1st you leave out VERY IMPORTANT info regarding the name claim event....you guys made a TON of coin I'm sure on the rename tokens.......any chance your going to reimburse the customers you ripped off with the ridiculous lack of communication?

You have basically committed a crime....no matter what you guys think......you mislead the community and took their money.

And then you toss out another server merge "Idea" to try and distract all the customers that you took money from under false pretenses..........and then we can all run the risk....once again of losing names we have had since day 1.

Not a fan of this plan....at all.....but as anyone that comes to these forums knows.....the Kool aid drinkers rule it.

Why not let all servers keep their names and simply place a PC/PS3/PS4 by the name.....i mean common....who is doing the brainstorming there....or anti-brainstorming as it should be called?

Been a paying customer from the start and have every right to voice these FACTS.

Just Unreal.

Flame on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.