Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

As a total, active base, I'd hazard 5% or less are devoted PvP'ers.
  2. cassi Well-Known Player

I for one want to thank you guys personally. If you can make cross play work I will be forever grateful. My husband's ledgendary is on ps4, and mine is on PC. And if I can have a chance to run instances and dailies with him, it would be a dream come true. We sit side by side and play, but we cannot play together, so this is awesome news! A name is a name, I could care less about names, and if the need comes where I have to change my name to play with him...so be it! Thanks guys again, and I look forward to hearing more good news about cross play soon I hope :) And if you ever need 2 people to test lol we can for ps4 and a pc lol! BRAVO Dev team :) all the down time is so forgiven lol
  3. Captain Liberty Developer

On a related note, we are working on account linking (linking a PSN account to an SOE account) - that would allow PS members to be recognized by SOE for PC Test validation. I know that's not as nice as a dedicated PlayStation Test, but for those PS3/PS4 players that have a PC and would like to partake in early access on PC Test, it will be possible in the not too distant future.
    • Like x 32
  4. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I think many people are missing the most important issue as well....

Will PC players have their lair numbers nerfed or will we finally get to put more items in our lairs on PS ??? :D

Really waiting to see how names will be handled, this will be the deciding factor for me.
    • Like x 3
  5. KnightFalz Active Player

If names have no affect on game play experiences, why are you concerned over a potential loss of your names, and why did you purchase rename tokens? Both of these suggest that your names do have an affect on your overall satisfaction with playing the game. Otherwise you wouldn't have parted with your money in the past and this issue wouldn't matter to you at all.

As can be seen by ample evidence in many of the posts in this thread, including your own post, many players care about the names their characters have, so much so that they don't want to lose those names and are willing to pay real money to obtain the names they want. Since this is a superhero MMO, and names are so much a part of the whole that defines superheroes, the importance players place on their character names is no surprise. Those running superhero games would do well to always keep this in mind when making any decisions regarding character name availability and loss.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Again, if you have concerns, please contact customer support. http://help.soe.com
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I have over (or near) 200 items placed in most of my lairs, with plans to add more when new themes/items are released. I really hope that the PS players are given a boost. Would be so sad to lose my things...
  8. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Are you guys still looking into ways for us to be able to log in and play without the PSN being up? It would be nice to be able to still log in when there's PSN issues.
    • Like x 1
  9. Blue Beetle New Player

I realize this is probably too early to talk about, but as I find I DO have concerns on this, any clarity you can share would be appreciated.

Sounds like you are definitely looking at platforms in names being part of the actual name. Is there any possibility that this can be a game side add only? what I mean is the game recognizes you a DCFanatical [PC] (if Kristyana will let me use her example). But at log-in screen character screen or even in-game visuals I still see my character as DCFanatical, even if someone else has the same name. Since they are using the same database, I am assuming a Third line (again as Kristyana suggested) is not possible.

From using the census data, I find I have 3 character who might be impacted by Cross Play, and would prefer if we could find a way to not have me having to change their names, but I understand if inevitably that is not possible.
  10. Lacedog Loyal Player

thanks. thats exactly what i was looking for. hopefully soon i can test that earth aftershock advanced mechanic myself.
    • Like x 1
  11. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Captain Liberty,
    I was wondering if you can answer this question.
    How is the team going to handle the economy on PC & PS? Will it still be merge or separate? If the team decides to merge, will there be a money reset? Since a majority of the PS players exploited the money glitch.
    • Like x 2
  12. MentosTroll Loyal Player

BEST NEWS!
    • Like x 2
  13. Requake Dedicated Player

Isn't it basically going back to how it was in the past? When DCUO was still active. Systems can go back to old levels! ^^
  14. MrHoiPolloi Well-Known Player

Your account activity would likely trump his in my scenario.
  15. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Thank you for the apology, Mepps! But, its perfectly alright, the Cross Play announcement is wonderful enough! I'm stoked to know that I can now play with (most) all of my forumite friends that I've made here! No longer are we separated, no longer made to be alone in this world, now, we are together!!

Heroes, Villains, Regions UNITED!! Its some pretty [IMG] news!!
    • Like x 2
  16. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I would disagree that a "majority" exploited the money glitch, but the economy never got back down to where it was or is on other servers. The issue was there was just so much money from those who did exploit it that everything sold for a ton more. Heck, as long ago as the glitch was I'd bet the "majority" of those people aren't even playing anymore.

My guess is that it wouldn't have much an effect except PC players would start selling stuff for more money then they're used to and then everything would kind of normalize.
    • Like x 4
  17. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

This is what I've been wanting forever. I play DCUO on my PS4 and just have a free account on the PC so I can use the combat analyzer with the log file. If I could also do some testing without being required to hold two monthly subscriptions then that would be great.
    • Like x 2
  18. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

You're probably not going to like this fact, but I'm good. I'm more of an observer in this regard, though that fact should tell you how upsetting this is to the p-base; I'm just advocating what people are upset about to those who don't seem to understand why. As for me, I've been sitting on one Name Change Device or another for about two years now, so all I'm out is an afternoon and a bit of faith. But thank you for the link. :)

I think this is a great question worth an answer - I always assumed that PS3 was limited to 200 to conserve memory. DustyAnkh's thought that it was limited on PS4 because of a shared server seems quite valid given that logic - but if that is why we have that limit, what happens when a PS3 character enters a PC character's Base with 500 items? Lag Crash BOOM? Please tell - and thanks again. :)
    • Like x 3
  19. Sore Steadfast Player

If you do that, I will kiss you on the lips...or not...your preference.
    • Like x 7
  20. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Actually you're still separate. Cross Play is still off in the future. Just like the new UI, the mobile application, and many other cool new things we have been made privy about.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.