Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Does this also merge EU and US servers? And now it's just one big (somewhat) happy world?
  2. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Jeez, get busy at work for a few weeks and don't have time to look at the forums and all hell breaks loose. :D

I'll just add my 2 cents to this, if I lose my name to the level 3 person on USPC I'll be done with the game. :mad:
    • Like x 1
  3. ShdwLass New Player

It's NOT a merge.
    • Like x 1
  4. La Shark Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Lol, thats 8 bit graphics at its finest.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Notice how they said "Future" Have fun waiting for the Dev team. I already canceled my subscription.
  6. Kya New Player

The answer is Cross Play. Cross Play would allow PC, PS3, and PS4 players to play together, just as PS3 and PS4 players do now, per region

It's a merge , read better , like Ps3 and Ps4 do now. And those 2 platform are a merge .
    • Like x 1
  7. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

USPC and USPS share a name database. EUPC and EUPS share a name database.

There is no actual merger taking place either regionally or with accounts.

It is also a change of topic in light of the omission of the combining of the name databases, as SOE does not appear to be offering a refund on any name tokens sold in light of the "Name Reclaim."
  8. GuyverVII Well-Known Player

Well umm RIP ps3 DCUO
  9. babaganoosh08 New Player

Really? Would it be so difficult to invite someone by their PSN name like nearly every other game?
    • Like x 1
  10. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I am really disappointed w/ how this went down. I mean name choices were basically cut in half which is a pretty major detail, and this was not communicated until after people started getting upset.

I also feel that the Dev's should not be planning for things quite so far ahead. The name reclaim was set to be a cool positive move for RIGHT NOW and now it is a diminished/tarnished version of what it was supposed to be, because of something that MIGHT happen LATER.

I mean, we are almost a year and a half out from when we were told we would getting a new UI and it is still not here. How long will it really take until the servers merge? A year? 2? 6? I am not a fan of this decision and I am not amused.

Come on Devs, you already messed up Armories for me by over thinking things and now you have messed this one up for me too by doing the same thing

I have no more words...

-Sad Panda :(
    • Like x 6
  11. Kohina Well-Known Player

This is awesome, look forward to play with the Justice Girls from USPC. :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

So let's see if I have this right. When Cross Play happens, PC and PS players will be able to run content together but the servers aren't merging? (Yet) so any name changes that would occur would only be temporary (for the instance) and wouldn't continue on after the instance is over and it would revert back to normal?

I think Cross Play has a lot of potential but I am wary of a server merge...PC will always have better specs and I worry about how a merge would effect the gameplay on a PC. I would sooner see a merge of the EUPC and USPC....but that probably has more issues than I would imagine.
  13. Gold Tooth New Player

The whole thing is beyond suspect. They lied. They didn't "fail to anticipate" anything. They knew people would buy rename token for names that would be unavailable.

I think the Cross Play idea came before name purge. People have been asking about a name purge for years with no response. Then we get a two week notice on Jan. 6 to secure our name. Then name purge is set a week after name secure. The whole process last 21 days from announcement to implementation. When has SOE every moved that quickly?

I think they had the idea for Cross Play and were going to announce it in Jan/Feb. They intended to have names bonded by region. Somebody realized what that would do to the value of rename tokens and a cash grab in the form of a name purge was born. If you look at the announcements for the name purge, they both mention "freeing names to rename characters." They purposely omitted information about regionally bonding names to deceive us.
    • Like x 1
  14. TDSK Committed Player

Sorry if either of the questions have already been asked, but I don't time to read 17 pages of posts.

1) Will this simply mean PS Players can play with PC players, or will we be able to link our SOE accounts to our PSN accounts, kind of like the system FFXIV has?

2) If Q. 1 is a yes, will we be able to merge our PC and PS characters onto one account, or will they remain separate?
    • Like x 1
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

those purchases were your choice and not mandated by the devs so there is no justification for a refund
    • Like x 3
  16. FaLeX Dedicated Player

Hmmm...during Cross Play....will PC & PS people be able to communicate via CHAT ???

They need to hear me scream on the mic....."BLOCK, BLOCK, BLOCK, BLOCK, BLOCK, BLOCK, BLOCK!!!!" (during Boss fights)

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  17. Breakforce Loyal Player

So does this mean that PC Breakforce can now punch PS Breakforce? Or vice versa?

Is PS Breakforce no longer technically Breakforce?

Can we start refering to this as Identity Crisis?
    • Like x 7
  18. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

I was referring to if that wasn't an option like it currently is not in game.
    • Like x 1
  19. UltraVillain Committed Player

Excellent news, and given the integration proposed for windows and Xbox one might this become THE competitive mmo.......in any event I'm looking forward to kicking some new hero butt :p
  20. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

People are not upset about their decision to purchase the name tokens. They are upset because they were deprived of the right to make an INFORMED decision.

It's one thing to take a gamble at a name someone else might beat you to, and you have a means of checking whether or not it's available. It is quite another when the means the administrators tell you to use to check that availability do not work because of another piece of information they didn't tell you about. This is why people are upset.

It isn't about the money. It's the principle.

Refunding the money would be the right thing to do and would go a long way toward restoring people's faith in the company. Not refunding it is - at least to me - just a further breach of trust. And the entire topic of Cross Play is great, but as someone else said: We were misinformed. This was something the staff HAD to know the community was excited about. And it has been completely ruined by something that MIGHT happen LATER.
    • Like x 16
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.