Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cold Fuzion New Player

Where did they say this? I'm taking current queueing system on other games as example. Like guild wars 2 - You can queue and be matched with someone from another server. When all is done they both go back nothing more is done. I believe things are obvious;

- We will not be standing in the same place
    - Yes, a server channel will be available for grouping content.
    - This will have no affect on the economy
    - Feat purchasing won't happen both separate systems
    - Character cloning is not needed any more due to this new system

unless, they have clearly stated its a server merge im convinced its a lot simpler than people think. Just to clarify im more than happy to be wrong and change my statement.
    • Like x 2
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Well, again, if it wasn't a merge, then there'd be no issues with using a name someone has on the opposing server. If it was purely for the sake of instances, surely it would be much easier to just add something like "PC: Torikumu" to my name.

Other evidence to support the theory:

"just as PS3 and PS4 players do now" suggests that it will operate in the same way. Same shared space, different platforms. PS4 players aren't put on their own server. I imagine the same thing would happen here. Same servers, different clients.

Suggests you can basically hang out with players using a different platform in more than just instances.

Modifying the server architecture wouldn't be necessary as it's already possible for the developers to access any server from a single client therefore the architecture is already set up for cross play and wouldn't require changing (it states "with FURTHER improvements...") unless they were planning to put all characters on 1 server.
    • Like x 3
  3. Kya New Player

I just hope it's a merge server .
  4. Cold Fuzion New Player

Indeed, most of this does hold true but being on the same server does not seem likely. It will properly be the case of chatting to people across servers and having them as friends but not standing toe to toe in WT.
  5. just an honest dps New Player

1. you said continent, don't you mean server or region? where does south america fall into this...can i play in europe with someone from south america?
    2. what about the refunds? are you going to refund people who were screwed out of their money because of YOUR poor messaging?
  6. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

It would be difficult to inv specific ppl to group, send tells, etc
  7. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

Due to Regional coding for PSN, this will never happen.
  8. Cristian Stoica New Player

Irreguardlessly you mortals from uspc know the wraith that is I AmGod now you usps players will have another godly player to fear. I can't wait to destroy all you heroes. Uspc players call me a hacker muhahaha. You PS players will kneel like PC.
    • Like x 1
  9. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

Well I went ahead and checked all my toon names on the USPC server and thank goodness my main doesn't have a twin. However 2 of my alts do, but mine are past level 30 so hopefully my toons names won't change.
  10. chubbychase New Player

:O same...utterly surprised

Tera Online is the same. You play with people from other servers when queuing, but you're still from separate servers. That said, though, you can be named "John.Bard" and be queued with another "John.Bard" from a different server...PS3 & PS4 share spaces, which would be different from the case of Tera and GW2.
  11. Circe New Player

While having more players to play with would be nice, would this really help the PS side as compared to the PC that gets all the best offers? Also not sure I want the Test Server "elite" coming to PS side, I could see problems there. We have enough problems with the community on our side. Seems like this would mostly benefit PC side, per usual.
    • Like x 3
  12. HarryHell Well-Known Player

I would actually like a merge between PC n PS

But i have a coupple of questions:
    1. Will a PS-player be able to log into PC and play with same account and toons?
    2. Will PS-subscribers get access to PC-test?

Maybe its to early to answer, but if the answer is yes for both, it would make a merge fantastic!

Why? A laptop is easier to take with you than a PS, so the ability to play with ur established account and friends on PS from a PC.

Easier to get PS3 players to change to a working platform, so that the PS3 players will disapear faster, making the game more smooth.

The ability to test new powers, power tweaks, and such before release, so PS-players can also give their 2-cents in adjustments and such, PS players are the largest part of the community isnt it?
    • Like x 1
  13. Delta795 New Player

I've got no problem with it since the PC is (from their own words) a ghost town. Better make sure they have all macros, key bindings and anything else completely locked out though.

I'd look forward to playing with some of the PCers I've met on here.
  14. Redman_x Well-Known Player

So does this mean PS players can finally get access to the test server?
  15. Jonah Hecks New Player

Always happy to learn how things work. Why is it i can play on a US server from my UK PS4 with a made up US account without lag but i couldn't play with my UK account on a shared server without lag?
  16. chubbychase New Player

Actually, question; and if this has been answered before (not that I saw, but), feel free to toss me a permalink.

Will I be able to link my PSN account and my SOE account with the upcoming changes/cross-play? Will this allow for cross-platform purchases (feats, dlc, legendary membership, etc) or account linking of some sort (PSN & SOE), or is that still going to be separate (e.g. I have to buy the same DLC twice if I play on both platforms)? I understand that I can't expect to have the characters themselves synch, but from a billing standpoint, this has always bothered me and I wonder if with the changes it will get addressed.
  17. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

1. Mepps already said no somewhere around pages 7-9.

If I'm not spending $400 for a PS4 right now, I'm definitely not spending $400+ on a new computer that could handle DC.
  18. Circe New Player

Apparently not. If you search the thread, Mepps says it's not possible and that it's strictly just so the sides can play with each other, and nothing more. Or something like that.

That's gonna cause problems with the PS side, and friction. PC side gets Test Server, double station cash, better deals, etc. Test Server especially puts PC players at a HUGE advantage over PS players.

If the point of offering better deals to PC side is because of low population, hopefully this would help the PS side get good deals as well. But I doubt it. I have a feeling the PS side is gonna feel even worse about the differences between PC and PS.
    • Like x 3
  19. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Basically what is was wondering. There are certainly going to be toons on two or three servers with the same name for quite a long time. How will cross-play ever become a reality? Will we have to wait until the very last "shared" name is gone? That could be a VERY long time.

I appreciate the apology. I had no idea this was the case, but it explains why one of the names I wanted to go with wasn't available, when I thought there was a pretty good chance it was. Still ( see above) I do not see how this is possible, as there are going to be people hanging on to names that will be taken on one or more other servers for a VERY long time.
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

No, we can't link accounts and won't be able to right now but I'm hoping the developers try and make it possible.

Therefore because the accounts won't be linkable, you will NOT be able to purchase feats and you will have to buy everything again, including maintaining 2 subscriptions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.