Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Mepps said he's not sure what'll happen with identical names but one will likely have to change, so you'd better get in there quick to claim your name when it happens :eek:

I agree. I want to play the PC version on the upcoming US servers as my EUPS character. I would never cancel my subscription if that was possible. At the very least, though, I'd like to be able to play my EUPS character on PC.

Even though it's not what we want, it'll still be cool to have an influx of new villains to the game XD
  2. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I can just repeat, what I said in the other thread allready:

The cross-play might be a nice idea, but this news is still not enough to compensate for how badly misinformed we all, who bought tokens without a chance to get our names, feel right now.

The wish for a refund is justified, and if we don't get any, a lot of people will think more carefully if and how they spend any more money for the game. I will for sure.

PS:
    Don't even THINK about making people change their names just for cross-play. Wasting money on a token without getting the name we wanted was allready bad enough.
    The sligthest chance to even lose names, which we allready HAVE after this desaster would be even worse.
    • Like x 1
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Correct. My EUPS villain will be able to kick your EUPC hero's (?) *** (;)) when this happens
    • Like x 1
  4. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Well, I guess the guy that made a character with my exact same name will need to change then...

But still meh... it's wonderful to see EUPC and EUPS merged, I have great friends in both servers so it's amazing being able to play with both of them. But the idea of being able to play on my PS4 with my PC character was outstanding.

I don't know how hard that could be, but please devs, if you could manage to link PC accounts to PS ones, or at least being able to transfer or buy feats cross platform, that will be the BEST news.
    • Like x 2
  5. Kya New Player

That's simply amazing ...................
    Make it happen fast Soe please .
    • Like x 1
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

To be fair, though, that isn't SOE's fault. There was no list of what names produced by the developers stating what would be available only for it to be completely invalid and wrong once the thing went live.

For all you know, the reason you didn't get a name you wanted was because person who owns the account which has a character that uses the name you wanted logged in and nullified the name reclaim on his account. Which would mean that this whole new direction has nothing to do with why you didn't get the name you wanted.

Best practice would have been to create an alt and register the name that way, then buy a name change device, delete the alt you created and immediately rename your chosen character to what you wanted.

I sympathise with you because you didn't get the name you wanted but ultimately it's nobodies fault but your own in this situation. There's no wrong doing on SOE's part that I'm aware of.
  7. La Shark Dedicated Player

Hmm,

If smedley didn't tweet about yet then I just cant take it serious.
  8. Equalist New Player

All apps/dcuolive show that the name I want doesn't exist on either PC or PS. Only blabla_I (PC) and blabla_II (PS) [blabla not being the actual name]. Costumer support told me the name is probably taken and I should get creative. But I'm sure it's available. Mepps could you please confirm if my name is taken? :oops:
  9. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Merging the databases without telling their customers IS the reason, why I didn't get those names, though they should have been available for MY server.
    If I would have known, that I had to look cross-server, I would have seen on census, that the names were still taken over there, and wouldn't have bought the token.

So no, sorry, still no excuse for me. Leaving out important informaion is misleading and fals advertising and inexcusable. Refunding us the money should be the minimumg, which they should do for us.
    • Like x 4
  10. Fuerza Fenix Level 30

Well, I have been playing 4 years (since BETA) in the EU PC PVE server.

During 4 years i had to comfort myself calling my character Fuerza Fénix, since both Fenix or Fénix were being used by people not really giving a **** about the name... oh wait, they were not even playing at all.
    Then this happens and I get ready, check everything just to avoid having unrealistic expectations about getting that name, and well, it looks like I would finally have a chance to get it.

Then the patching/downtime goes from 4 hours (I stayed the whole time checking the server status and trying to get in) to more than 7 hours (and well, I never stopped checking or trying to log in)...

Finally, we changed from DIFFERENT NAME LIST per server to SHARING NAME LIST per region, with no advice or anything, which is quite unfair, but well... (thanks for letting us know AFTERWARDS)
    And when FINALLY the servers go online and we can, barely, log in... somebody from EU PS!!!!! gets online faster and get my name.

U can actually check it, its a level 3 person which probably wont play this toon ever again, but he got my name.
    Is this fair? really?
    • Like x 2
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Out of interest, what name was it? Oasenhoheit?
  12. Kya New Player

Some good pvp leagues on EUPS ?
    How is the population on EUPS please ?
  13. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

No.
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Slightly more popular than USPC, apparently.
  15. Cold Fuzion New Player

Guys - This is not a SERVER MERGE its CROSS PLATFORM gaming! The only time names will be affected is when they are in the same instance, that's it! After, I'm sure everything will go back to normal. Unless i have missed something about merging servers each economy will not be affected. Both servers will still be separate BUT queueing system etc will be the cross platform.
    • Like x 1
  16. ghostwalkerjack New Player

so what exactly is meant by cross play, do they mean that all servers will be merged.
    or will we just have the option to create a character on a server of our choice.

being able to select which server we create our character on would be more helpful,
    there sales of increased character slot tokens would increase,
    and they could get away with creating a change server respec token.

im not to happy about maybe losing my character names if someone on usps has my name,
    and im guessing the usps would get preferential treatment over the eups as per usual.

good idea, but not sure how merging servers would work.
    be prepared for lots of complaining from the community ;)
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It is a merger. All PC and PS players will be playing together in the same shared spaces. The only separation will be done by region. But if I'm standing in the Hall of Doom on my Playstation, the person next to me could be playing on their PC. We'll all share the same chat channels and everything, I imagine.

If it wasn't a merger, then they wouldn't disallow names because they're already taken on another server.
    • Like x 2
  18. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Two things are bothering me Mepps,

1. What determines which name will be changed, PC or PS one?
    2. Will the name-changed character get a free Name Respec Token?
    I do realize it's early but I think many would like to know.
    • Like x 2
  19. Cold Fuzion New Player

I'm sorry your over thinking this - The only times names would be affected if we are in the same group or instance. This will not introduce shared auction house, bases, open world. It's simple, you queue, they queue and are matched up in PvP or PvE content.
  20. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

Like I said in another post, I have a fear, and my fear is about the LAG..... if you can do this changes and the game still going on, I don't see any problem and just good things.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.