Loa legends pve

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Theblackcat456, Jan 14, 2015.

1. barnesalmighty2 New Player

This exactly happened to my group all 111's and all 160+sp players I'm just going to wait for the nerf to land.
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'd suggest killing Serpent Claw and Bolt Claw in the first room. When you get to the last room, have the entire group focus fire Serpent Claw. If you do everything correctly, Serpent Claw will be dead in 15 seconds.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We will be reducing the NPC level of the event by one in our next server hotfix.
    • Like x 3
  4. Kharhaz Committed Player

My league used the same legends for the feats, but we did it. Eventually.

Im not going to be condescending and say its easy, because it isn't. It is ridiculous.

All 3 at once attacking you is stupid. It doesn't make this fun in any way, it doesn't make it challenging, its simply pathetic. Whatever legend you choose is weak beyond all limits compared to the bosses in this event.

From what I have gathered, these events were something to look forward to, they have turned out to be nothing short of degrading for all players.

Players will play for the feats, there is no fun to be had in these events, its bad enough when the player base turn this game into a chore. Its even worse when the developers do the same.
    • Like x 5
  5. Circe New Player

We were doing great, until the last boss fight. Wow. Having to deal with Serpent and Burning Claw along with Ra's was too much. And the other people in the group were not experienced. They'd go in ahead of everyone else, or before someone was ready. They were all Sinestro.

I tried my absolute best. I kept Serpent Claw under control with Circe in the final boss fight, but even that wasn't enough.

And all I got for this trouble was 2 marks? LOL!

The devs do not know how to make content enjoyable for everyone. Stop catering to the "elite"! The average DCUO player cannot complete this instance. And the rewards are not even worth it!
    • Like x 4
  6. Kharhaz Committed Player

And then Ra's can kill you in one hit.
    • Like x 1
  7. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Honest question here - but is Legends PvP really aimed at the "elite"?

Or is the issue a lack of a cohesive group, with little understanding of the various mechanics (both of the alert, their Legends characters, and the group buff thingy) combined with the possibility that some of the bosses need a minor downwards adjustment.

Note I haven't ventured into Legends PvE territory just yet...I'm just honestly curious about this is all.
    • Like x 1
  8. YinChakra Dedicated Player

I thought it was alright, got most of the feats, just missing villain checklist.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The event is harder than intended. We'll be making it easier with our next hotfix.
    • Like x 3
  10. Rewhx Well-Known Player

They said in the Update Notes that the levels on the ads and bosses were higher than intended. This is a glitch. They are nerfing next update
  11. Circe New Player

The "elite", the people on Test server who requested this instance be this difficult. Those people are obviously more experienced than the average DCUO player, so this instance was bound to be like this the minute somebody asked for a buff in the Testing feedback thread. And any level can go into this, so why is this instance like this? Hopefully they can fix this and make it a better experience for the majority of the playerbase.
    • Like x 4
  12. Circe New Player

Oh, it was a glitch? Sorry, did not know that. I apologize.
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

After struggling the first time we noticed that Ra's is darn easy if you interrupt him properly. He'll charge and do some claps the whole time and the second he uses the hold range of brawling he get's lunged, everybody drops some DoT or whatever and rolls out.

It is annoying though that the three bosses at once start attacking everyone but that's okay with a bit of kiting and aggro management - you know the thing where the one they're chasing dodges and rolls through the room.

Again it's a really nice thing that they've implemented this nice new mechanic that you'll take less damage while blocking. It's really awesome!
  14. ACW37162 Loyal Player

You really should take it down until it's working as intended
    • Like x 1
  15. Kharhaz Committed Player

Really? many people have been one shotted while blocking! Myself included!
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

In my eyes it's most of the time just that. People don't know how to block, what to dodge, how to kite, how to execute fast combos clipped with the more useful powers (believe it or not, some Legends Toon powers are crap /sarcasm). People don't see ground AoEs, don't see when the boss is charging at them from ten miles away (after he wrote them a letter that he's gonna charge at them), they don't understand counter mechanics or aren't willing to try them out.

Sadly the early group content in the game doesn't teach any of that really. I'm not talking about high CR peeps burning through it while others get carried, I'm talking about there's not really much that requires attention up to the Origin Crisis operations (and after that there's again a little break). But if the On-Duty-System doesn't change I don't see a reasonable way to change that.
  17. Marine Death Committed Player

I was one shot multiple times at full Health.
  18. Rewhx Well-Known Player

I see nothing wrong with it. It may be harder, but I was able to get through it twice. (Pug on my alt 1st Time, Ran with league 2nd time on main)

I actually like it being a challenge
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

I took like 3,8k with Saint Walker and he should be one of those who get's one shotted most likely. Ra's isn't really a battle where you can melee all the time. We did it at range most of the time. As I said, if he got interrupted there was a time window where we could do some combos and powers but the rest of the fight was dodging.

The Ground Stomp Brawling BB does not do damage if you interrupt him fast enough. I was the one in charge of that and did literally nothing else to not miss the time window. The charge is dodge-able and doesn't do damage at all if you're at range and apart from his Brawling move he does some hand claps that do a 700ish hit on anyone (in LoS I guess).
    Thinking that all Legends should have 5k+ health I didn't saw a real one shot anywhere in this instance.
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

Would you be so kind and look up your combat log (the txt file) and tell me for how much you got hit? You would have been hit by more than 5k if I'm not mistaken...