GU44 - Crowd Control and Breakouts Please

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Grand Shaw, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Posting this for Aiden.
    Legends PvP Control Effects, Stuns and Breakouts and Counters

Croud Control and Stuns. It can take 5 seconds to even breakout, Pressing R1/Shift once per second and after few presses then a Breakout, then Stunned again. (White Flash Immunity Broken) It's been proven that White Flash Immunity "WORKS" at a slow pace.
    from one stun at a time.

Why White Flash Immunity is not working, and getting stunned again after a Breakout (Wasting Power)
    During a stun, there are also other Stuns going on at once. Being knocked down and Pressing R1/Shift and you finally do Breakout after you are back up and standing (Serious Waste of Power)
    Breakout > Stun > Breakout > Stun Loop.
    During a Stun, others stuns going on, and due to lag, stuns can register after the other, thus in Cause the "White Flash" to be over written with the lag and multiple stuns at once and when a breakout happens, stunned again, and noticing the White Flash Immunity does happen when you breakout from a single stun during a slow pace. Example: Opponent decides to focus more on Defense "Blocking" to go at a steady pace to focus on a Counter, knowing he has taken defeated and has Adapted to your Tactics, as
    Kyle Rayner, White Flash Immunity Works when you breakout of his Power 5. (Magnifying Glass) But if he attacks you with another power during that Magnifying Glass Stun, White Flash Immunity will not work when you have to breakout from another stun that stunned you off from Magnifying Glass stun and go into another stun.

Takes 5 Seconds to breakout of Doctor Fates Power 2 (Cry Stun) if no other stuns happen during that, White Flash Immunity Will Work.
    • Like x 1
  2. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Yay! More vids. If anyone has vids similar to this please post them.
  3. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The following post is from the 25th September...

...so it has been roughly 3 months ;)
    And you are right, Enquirer, the actual bug is not fixed, just some symptoms it seems.

When I did my testing at that time, I was able to confirm, that lag makes the bug worse, much much worse: And there were complains about lag on USPC recently... So it might seem the bug got worse on USPC, but it is probably just the server lag that makes it worse...
  4. Sabigya Steadfast Player

What symptoms were fixed exactly? I am still noticing the same bugs as 3 months ago. Nothing seems to have changed and it only seems to have gotten worse as more and more CC heavy characters have been added in. [HL and Kyle Rayner]
    • Like x 1
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Multiple breakouts in a row were able to drain your power bar entirely (eg. triple breakout). If this was fixed then it is something good.
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It's been 3 months since they said they thought they found the source of the bug. Obviously they were working on it before then and GU40 was closer to 4 months ago now ;)
    • Like x 3
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Easily the worst part of CC and what makes me cry every time it happens.
    • Like x 3
  8. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Every time. :(
  9. Kharhaz Committed Player

I have simply called an end to it. The CC issues are ridiculous. I want to enter a match knowing I have a chance to fight, but I don't fight. I end up spending the entire battle constantly trying to break out of CC moves.

I have just had a 1v1 arena match against HL and I spent the entire time trying to break out of constant stuns.

Its simply ridiculous, and the fact this has not been addressed by the developers is simply daft. How can you keep releasing new characters for PVP while ignoring the main issue?

Crowd Control is broken. Simple as that. I have no intention now of playing PVP until it is fixed. I suggest everyone else does the same, because as long as new characters are selling, this issue will never be sorted.
    • Like x 3
  10. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I would if I thought I was good enough to just stop. But the thing is, I'll never think that. Although you're right about new characters. Deathstroke was dissapointing regardless of breakouts.
  11. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I tried 1v1 today, and ended up sing a HK player, his stuns were mad, I couldn't break out, I eventually lost the match 950-0. PvP is disgraceful now. I'm not surprised some of the big faces of Dcuo have left the game.
    • Like x 1
  12. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

We still await CC/Breakouts to be fixed. I wish the Devs a Merry Christmas, hoping they're working on it. :)

Expect a vid up in the morning. Been a while since I've posted one.
  13. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM SUPERMAN!

Double Breakouts unless otherwise stated:

3:03 (Knockback)
    4:11 (Floatation)
    4:39 (Flip flop)

5:41 (lol wut? o_O)
    6:30 (knockback on block)
    • Like x 4
  14. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Random breathing at 7:02.
    • Like x 3
  15. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

:p
    • Like x 2
  16. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I had to watch that 5 times and I was still going o_O. Even at .25 the speed. Here is the only explanation I could come up with (other than stuff being obviously wonky).

At 5:40-5:42 Harley steps back then lunges you, had she lunged you a millisecond later she would have ate your block prior to you rolling. Mid lunge she hit her trinket (probably thinking she was gonna get punished from your block) at 5:42. She then lunges you to punish you from the roll at 5:43 however if you slow it down it clearly shows all icons from you are removed and you should no longer be vulnerable to punishment. Here is the screen cap of 5:43 just before you get lunged:
    [IMG]
    Even the foot icon from under your name is gone along with the vulnerability icon above your head. However, I do want to point out that your eyes are glowing red. I do not know Superman AT ALL. Is his eyes normally like that or do you think you were in the process of trying to hit him with the Heat Vision Block Breaker for the final damage and just as you did he lunged you killing you before the vulnerability icons had a chance to register on screen?

If you were not, then yeah your Rolling Punishment window extended past the icons by just a little.

P.S: I just realized all that I just explained happened in a 3 second window. Gives people an idea of why reaction time is so important. lol.
    • Like x 4
  17. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Wow. That's...wow. o_O.
    I think he used a trinket. That's the most logical. Because I didn't use any ranged attacks, although I think I was gonna use Heat vision given my distance from Harley.
    • Like x 1
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Yeah the Harley got uber lucky you didn't cancel your roll with block. Had you done that they'd have died to punishment from your lunge. So it looks like in this case, if Harley used a Trinket and if you were trying to finish them off with Heat Vision, everything is legit (however there is plenty of other CC wonkiness going on during that fight). But man that Harley got lucky you three times in that 3 second period. First that he lunged you too early, secondly that you didn't block cancel your roll, and lastly they got even more lucky hitting you with the lunge at the exact millisecond you activated the BB.
    • Like x 2
  19. Amazon Committed Player

These issues have been plaguing DCUO and especially legends now for so long it's actually depressing, the severity comes and goes in waves….…. i took a 6 month break from the game because it made me rage so much… i honestly could no longer enjoy legends, and was starting to dislike the DC brand.

After 6 months though i decided to give DCUO another shot, mainly because of the advent of PVE legends, and the ACE chemicals map was in rotation ( this should NEVER GO AWAY FOR LEGENDS) I thought they may have fixed the issues and this was a chance for me to play my favourite toons in PVE!

But unfortunately nothing has changed, in fact its sometimes worse then ever, there is a fundamental issue with the build of the combat game- breakouts, immunity, the counter system, targeting… etc etc which makes the game almost unplayable for me.

PVP is a strict no go zone ( which is a shame legends is the reason i log on) but even PVE is nightmare these days especially on my earth tank with the shoddy counter timing when trying to farm immunity, juggling constantly, multiple break outs…power consumption etc etc and solo stuff is much less enjoyable when you fight the system and mechanics more than the in game enemy.

However, with GU 44, I have noticed a very slight decrease in the amount of breaks outs needed to fully break out ( gone from 3-4 in a row to 1 -2) but overall the main issues are still very much prevalent.

1. Delay in breaking out.
    2. If a strong control effect ( i.e. boss) or multiple control effects at the same time, the delay is much longer and multiple break outs required, usually 2, can sometimes be three, but this has been toned down slightly.
    3. White flashing immunity does not work you can be controlled, break out and be instantly controlled over and over again. ( try finishing combos in the PVE legends scenario haha)
    4. The counter system is wayyyyy out. PVP on EUPS is a night mare and i won't touch it anymore, the USPS is better but only just.
    6. Counter Visuals, don't seem to work, I am "out of sync" by usually a full second and have to play in the future "in my mind" to get counters off. BUt with delayed in breaking out constantly it means your windows for retaliation are even smaller or pretty much non existent.
    7. Targeting, despite no barrels or enemies in the background, i find the auto targeting system seems to just switch targets sometimes when fighting, or sometimes just sends you off in the opposite direction entirely, even though the enemy is not dead, and there is nothing else at all in the environment to pull focus. to just happily lunge in the opposite direction, or go the other day mid combo. ./

I have liked this thread, because i do love the concept of DCUO, and I just want the game to work.
    • Like x 2
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

When Superman falls below what I believe to be 35% health his eyes start to glow red. It's purely aesthetic. I personally like to think it's got to do with him crying all the time because he's such a terrible legends character.
    • Like x 8