GU44 - Crowd Control and Breakouts Please

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Grand Shaw, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I realize it's very early considering the release of GU43, but the sooner this is fixed, the better. Plus, I said please. :p

Broken Crowd Control and Breakouts are (so I've heard) a very deep problem that cannot be fixed quickly. That being said, I'd like to raise awareness of it so that the devs know there are a lot of people who want this fixed. Especially for PVP.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, I'll use Legends PVP as the main example.

Have you ever been knocked back really far by Batman's Sticky Bomb that you lose a lot of power trying to breakout? Have you ever been stunned or knocked back while blocking or using a ranged attack, making you vulnerable to block break? Have you ever been repeatedly stunned by Amon Sur's Light Claws or knocked high into the air by his Ram? Well my friends, often the culprit is broken CC and Breakouts, and it can be very frustrating for casual or competitive players in PVP.

Many of us (Sabigya :p ) were expecting GU43 to fix this issue, but unfortunately that was not the case. So I'm trying to rally support for this issue to be fixed in the next update. However long it may take. This thread will hopefully do that. Feel free to air your grievances about the broken CC and Breakouts here, but Video Proof will be EXTREMELY useful.

There are many recordings of issues with Crowd Control and Breakouts by well known people like Aiden Warren and The Enquirer if you'd like to see for yourself, although if you've got a vid yourself, feel free to put it in this thread.
    • Like x 64
  2. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Even if you don't have proof or your own personal experiences to vent about, at least like the post if you agree with it. That would be nice. :)
    • Like x 2
  3. ThunderlesStorm New Player

I agree. Please fix this
    • Like x 3
  4. SeeMeFight Well-Known Player

How can anyone not like this thread?

I love DCUO so, please fix this.
    • Like x 3
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It's not just PvP this effects. It effects almost all levels of the game and can give people an extremely poor impression of it at first. Not to mention the issues from this really did counter a lot of the good done in the PvP revamp.
    • Like x 9
  6. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Right?! I've said many times that I would've appreciated the PVP updates more if CC and breakouts weren't an issue.
    Also, I said "Especially PVP" not only PVP :p But well said.
    • Like x 2
  7. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

[IMG]

I wouldn't get my hopes high.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sabigya Steadfast Player

DCUO Forums- Where optimism is slaughtered.
    • Like x 12
  9. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Well not with that attitude. :p
    • Like x 1
  10. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Let's take a look at facts. We were told few days after GU41 that the issue was identified and it is getting fixed. Then the fix was moved to GU43. Here we are now and still no fix. I'm probably the first one who wants this fix because it can make rage tanking unbearable ( due to rage crashing caused by improper breakouts ).

Refer to your own signature.
  11. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Well you have a point about that. Doesn't mean we can't try. Sounds all optimistic and happy? Meh. I just want it fixed. If it comes down to it I'll just change it to GU45 until it's fixed.
    • Like x 4
  12. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Finally figured out how to prevent my vids from freezing up. Soon I'll have some stuff on Batman and Amon in terms of breakouts.
    • Like x 2
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

What was it?
  14. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

[quote The Enquirer, post: 2974552, member: 302716"]What was it?[/quote]
    Had to downscale the resolution by 2.00, increase the x264 to ultra fast, and put OBS priority on Above Normal.
    • Like x 1
  15. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Ignore my bad playing as I don't like Amon Sur and how he's abused, and see if you can find any breakout or crowd control issues I may have missed.

Lair Battle 1v1
    Batman vs Amon Sur

One's I (Sabigya) noticed
    0:50
    1:10
    1:53

See any more let me know.
    • Like x 6
  16. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Second vid of Batman vs Amon Sur. This time we switched places. Only to show CC/Breakout issues. Looking at YOU Enquirer! :p

Notable CC/Breakout issues:
    0:35 (Could've broken his block while he was stunned)
    0:42 (Sticky bomb again)

1:39 -1:48 lagged here.

1:52 Double breakout
    2:30 Knee launch - clipped with claws

If you see any more please comment on it.
    • Like x 6
  17. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

We've had 367 people look at this thread. Yet the main post only has 11 likes. If you agree with this post, PLEASE like the post. The more likes the better.
    • Like x 2
  18. Eclara New Player

Shameless adverstising.
    • Like x 2
  19. Ultimate BioHazard Well-Known Player

I support this thread cause this BS is game breaking actually. I know the issues are always on all opponents side but its a shame that knowing all cc issues is more important then know all counter possibilities or know the full potential of your powerset. You just cant play pvp as it is intended...

This have to be fixed with next GU, no way around this!
    • Like x 2
  20. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Sooner the better. Agreed.
    • Like x 1