Thank you devs for stat clamping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SuperNerdGeekOverkill, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Elusian Crowd Control

Was the other day (2 days ago) with 2 lvl 10 and a lvl 27 in the event instance for 6 minutes and smth. I have no clue how some manage to be in there for 30 minutes but seems they are part of the issue then. One of the guys throw those gifts at Larfleeze all the time, the other lvl 10 just tapped range button like he comes from these random MMOs without combat and the lvl 27 was slightly useful but he also didnt got the gifts to activate thing after 3 waves so ended up doing everything yet Speed Feat, no wipe and appropriate time. Tbf. I wasnt sure if it would work out but it turned out to be cakewalk mode.
    • Like x 2
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yep, I got 3 level 17s once on my alternate character. I believe he was tier 2 at the time. We finished it in 5 or 6 minutes. Anyone saying he/she is taking 30 minutes because of a bad group needs to include himself/herself as part of that bad group.

One person keeping everyone alive, throwing the present, and doing good damage on Larfleeze can easily finish in less than 10 minutes. I managed to solo the Fried Okaaran feat last week after my group went down when the battery overloaded. It took our group 14 minutes, and it probably took me about 7 of that on my own.
    • Like x 4
  3. the solowing Unwavering Player

And yet the community cries about clueless people in end-game? The clamping will give players a chance learn their role properly, kicking will be reduced since nobody will be OP in raids. Mechanics will matter again and i wont have to see T4+ players die to Black Adam using Zatanna's powers not knowing their ability and thinking burn is all that matters. Role exclusion will not happen, itll create a better atmosphere in groups and itll stop unreasonable raid time expectations. Now give me some reasons why we shouldn't stat clap them
    • Like x 5
  4. Sbel Devoted Player

I'm not arguing against stat clamping. I'm wary of it, but not opposed.

I was simply pointing out that "because I enjoy it" is a perfectly reasonable argument when we're talking about entertainment. People don't have to justify their likes or dislikes.

The end goal of a game should be max fun for maximum number of customers. If raising the difficulty or stat clamping does that, then good, do that. But don't try to argue that things need to be harder because "people should have to learn to play." You might as well be arguing that "it builds character."

Edit: and I know you're going to say "but I didn't say _____". I'm not accusing you of something. I'm commenting on a general attitude I see in the community where people who are better players are seen as morally superior to people who aren't as good at the game, and the game developers are called upon to force players to get better or get out.
    • Like x 2
  5. the solowing Unwavering Player

So where is the line drawn? The stat clamp is a great idea, but the player-base is punking them into making it a poorly implemented idea as we humans we tend to take the path of least resistance and they are letting players choose hard or easy except the clamped queues are going to be long as hell and to progress players will be forced into the unclasped version, creating a new issue in the process. Making clamped instances as useful as league halls
    • Like x 1
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Learn how to play their role. You mean dps? As long as raid mechanics in endgame content steir toward dps centric bosses. We will continue to live in a community where role exclusion is a natural event.

Clamping is not bad right now. However when the springtime seasonal comes around where its not just a straight up fight like larfreeze. It will be very interesting to see how many people give up on the seasonal event.
    • Like x 1
  7. the solowing Unwavering Player

stat clamping will control that problem as they can cut the restoration/health/damage/Vit back to where simply one of that role cannot handle whats being tossed at it as a solo role. We can rid of role exclusions if we stop trying to integrate it to a new player early on
  8. Sbel Devoted Player

Yes, I think this a case where the devs have to figure out what will actually keep players in game vs what players say they want.

It may end up being an issue where they can't do something that's good for the game (forced stat clamping) because the players they currently have won't stand for it.

Or one where they push through something that is good for the game (stat clamping) despite player objection.

Or it might be a case where players complaining early and loudly prevents the devs from making a game destroying change (forced stat clamping).
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I don't think there's enough people against the idea for them to completely toss the idea. Remember the resistance to GU36?
    • Like x 2
  10. Sbel Devoted Player

mmm. Yes. I made a forum account specifically so that I could add some of the objectors to my ignore list.

I agree that they're not going to drop it. But they do seem to have made it slightly more optional than their original plan. I edited my post slightly for clarity.
  11. Prosser Dedicated Player

well todays group I got with a random que was a lv 15, lv 13, and 53. Total time, 5 mins 53 secs.

I dunno maybe it's a PS thing with all the horrible low level players.......
    • Like x 1
  12. DCVillain New Player

you answered your own question

Money

as long as WE the paying consumers are happy we'll spend our money no? when we're not happy we dont spend our $ on a game we spend it else where.
    • Like x 1
  13. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

There is no way you were in there for five minutes with my stats clamped I didn't see any high crit numbers and at one point Larfleeze healed because no one was helping with barrels or presents. It doesn't matter if your on PC or PS Stat Clamping sucks and anyone who claims other wise is full of hot air or a Dev.

Larfleeze has somewhere around 100,000 - 150,000 HP a video orbit posted last year proves as much.
    • Like x 1
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

Stat clamping sucks, but with the right group you can get in and out in under 8 min. However hopefully they wont clamp our sp in the future seasonals, especially springtime seasonal where you have to pull swampthing. Just hope it stays on the seasonals and not all content.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheChromeKnight Well-Known Player

16. the solowing Unwavering Player

nah its a much needed implementation that players cannot give a reasonable argument again, so they just make straw-man arguments..
    • Like x 2
  17. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

Stat clamping does suck. Here are a few reasons why.

1. Defeats purpose of earning gear - we struggle to gain gear to get stronger and continue to struggle after with the same instances? Goes against the very definition of PROGRESSION. At this rate they should get rid of gear altogether and just have us foght for styles instead.

2. Videogames need separation. - instead of making us weaker so everyone is on the same level, let those low levels strive to get stronger so they can blow through content as well. Same s&$t with pvp. People cry because they get one shot? Grind until you gear up like everyone did before. Taking out the grind and competition while putting everyone on even ground takes away what makes an MMO, well, an MMO. That's like the NFL making the Patriots sit Tom Brady because the Raiders complained they can't keep up. That'd ruin football like it could ruin this game. Enough is enough already.

3. Instead of making 'old content feel fresh' leave well enough alone - move forward and not backward. Tinkering with something noone asked for just to cover up the fact that there isn't enough fresh content to run for end game players is awful. I don't care how much clamping they do, it will never be enough to get me to run Arkham alert or the Outer Caverns raid. Just un-fun, tedious, and boring content is boring content. Create new and leave well enough alone.

4. Play your way? - whatever happened to that tag? By forcing us to be clamped, you take away that very thing. I, in my level 97 gear, would like to blow through a low level alert if I choose to. I put the time in and grinded for years. Don't nerf me.

Instead of creating walkin portals or whatever, just give people an option to toggle cr paired matchmaking. You have it with level already on the pre-30 alerts. Just make it where you can toggle to que only with cr appropriate levels. Ex: 'Must be cr 34-43 to run this instance.' For people that want it. We're already running out of space for portals as is. (Unless a base teleporter mod with everything drops) just add the toggle and be done with it. Of all the ideas this game has come up with, this is the worst.glad I got all my seasonal feats long ago.
    • Like x 1
  18. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

When I run the older stuff with my lower level toon, if anyone is more than 1 CR higher than the content I ask to be excused. I don't want it to be easy as I am learning my role as a rage tank.
  19. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

When I run the older stuff with my lower level toon, if anyone is more than 1 CR higher than the content I ask to be excused. I don't want it to be easy as I am learning my role as a rage tank.

I also love stat clamping...people who stat SP matter quickly learn how little they matter if they don't know their role. I have ran it as a troll and DPS and when troll I usually 2nd in DPS and always top when I run it as a DPS.
  20. Prosser Dedicated Player

LMAO! So just because you can't do a lot of damage means no one else can???

I'm ice, I use my AM. I usually do 2-3x as much dmg as the 2nd person in the seasonal group. Ice's AM still works very nicely in there.

And heck just look at your own example. No one helped with the barrels or presents, so of course you're going to be slowed down.

I said my run was 5:53, thats closer to 6 mins then 5, but I still stand by that my average run is 5-7 mins every time. I have yet to take more then 8 mins, and that was in a group where the 4th guy just stood outside and never came in.

Tbh, I could care less if you believe me or not. Other players who have no trouble know exactly what I am talking about. And if nothing else, the devs have logs, I'm sure they can see that ya groups get stuck in there for a long time, and other groups are still able to steamroll it.
    • Like x 5