GU 43 Fire tanking

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Imsms08, Nov 19, 2014.

1. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I'm right in every respect. Everything you stated is an opinion.

I am correct in stating we are the most mechanically passive tanking power
    I am correct in stating that the only way to fix us without making us overpowered is to add a skill based tank mechanic
    I am correct in stating Sp/stats are the only thing that differentiate fire tanks rather than skill
    I am correct in stating we are the weakest tank class with no way to improve ourselves other than numbers
    I am correct in stating fire tanks will always hit a glass ceiling.
    I am correct in stating a cr-based resto boost is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of, given the state of our power*
    I am correct in stating just because you are "fine with it", doesn't mean that it isn't an issue for other players

In short: I don't care about your personal attributes or accolades. The only thing I care about is the Devs helping a power that they have honestly ignored going back to the days of the first fire revamp. Not once have the Fire community have felt in control of the direction of our power. We make a stand here, our we might not ever get another chance.

*It's obvious that this statement is not a true fact.... but still
  2. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Why do i have a feeling the devs are going to take our feedback and make experimental serums? 0.o :confused: They did it with rage.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I know right.
    Pre-Rage, people started making new ideas on how to improve fire and magically rage got almost all the abilities people wanted Fire to have.
  4. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

I bought mine!
  5. L T Devoted Player

Let's not over-react here. They're not actually breaking anything that I can tell with GU43, they're just patching fire rather than giving it the attention that we'd prefer. Yes I wish that we'd get some dare-to-be-great way to buff ourselves based on immolation or volatility, but increasing the effectiveness of our self-heals is not going to hurt fire tanking.

I think the issue is likely developer bandwidth: they're doing major changes to mental, ice, and nature this update. And by the way there's probably pressure on them to finish up Legends PVE. If the fire tanking improvements feel like an afterthought... well with everything else going on they probably are. But at least fire is getting SOME attention.
    • Like x 2
  6. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/youre-*******-right-gif.gif

Feels like "overnight" changes on test. While the other powers on test feel like they were worked on for a considerable amount of time.

This Fire update tweak is poor & very inadequate compared to the Earth update. Furthermore those under CR 81 wanting to experience Fire's new feeble Restoration buff mechanic will not meet requirements to do so.
  7. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

This is a good idea, except fire dps's get irked when a fire tank uses inferno in the same instance. The tank's inferno will overwrite the dps (or so I've been told).
  8. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

Eternal Flame has become my best friend in WotLII content.
  9. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

Well, they will not listen us guys. We tried. I thank for everyone whoe tried to say something. Was 7 pages here and no one of the Devs came and say something. It's really sad.

The changes that will be happen, isn't bad, but will not save the Fire Tank. A little modifications at least can't be ignored, like, increase range from Backdraft, less power cost, backdraft healing more, or aplying a healing over time, enflames and immolation togetter, another HoT, change positions of Stoke Flames and Spontaneous Combustion.... but they didn't say anything. how they did before, our ideias go to the next power Tank...

sadly.
  10. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

If their design for fire was for us to have to jump around and gather adds then backdraft range needs to bare increased slightly. This method would be functional for SS and acro but not flight as in combat movement is horrible as flight. But as it is now backdraft range spent allow you to move far enough away from a group off adds to gather the next group.
  11. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

All of these threads are useless, there is one person the devs listen to about fire and he stopped posting on the forums long ago.
    These threads are nonproductive and always will be, but hey if you guys are having fun arguing amongst yourselves then go for it.
    I'll play fire till the game dies tho;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

I am just waiting for GU 43..... I will make my decision. Or i will stop forever, or change to another power and never return to fire until they show some love.
  13. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

The devs aren't going to reply here, lol. Have they ever? Nope. Weapons Powers and Movement threads are just a cow pen the developers made to stuff all of us "cattle" (players) into to discuss topics amongst ourselves. Pretty obvious if you ask me. I'm over this. I LOVE DCUO, but if Fire, the power I love and adore, does not become balanced with the rest of the tanks in terms of EVERYTHING WE'VE STATED, I'm going to be an avid Guild Wars 2 player as I am DCUO. Easy. I already have a level 30 Elementalist there and my DC subscription ends next month, so dumping DCUO out of developer ignorance (blunt, yes, honest, to a degree) to player opinions regarding Fire (my favorite power) won't be hard, considering GW2's community is generally a more mature audience, there's no sub fee's and the developers actually listen to player feedback. Yes! Listening to players and not treating them as cattle IS possible! And this isn't the only MMORPG in the world! Dumping DC like many of the most dedicated players did won't be hard for me at all, and I actually love DCUO. Go figure.
    • Like x 4
  14. Ex lightbringer New Player

Brothers and sisters of Fire in this game update we have been given a band aid to heal a gaping wound, this will not stop the bleeding it is insufficient we are broken and need fixing.I'm tired of being discriminated against based on my power,looked down on,kicked from raids before they can see what I can do. This power carries the stigma of being the weakest tank why is this? Not enough thought has been put into damage prevention All a fire tank can do to save its self in a extreme times is block.Here lies the problem when we pull, pop any move,we are weak.In that short time of not blocking we can lose 50 or more of our health in raids like LAW."but you can heal your self." The healing will never keep up with the damage received.Every other tank power has a way to stop the damage for you can do your job without giving your hear a heart attack.We need some way to prevent,match or slow damage taken for small increments without blocking to do our jobs effectively.

Think about it this

You are being mauled by adds In zam or love and war your healer is getting smacked in the back of the room

What do you do? Well....

Ice: pop sheild pull

Earth: give power to brick for he can distract while you pull or gemstone sheild then pull

Rage: heal back all damage and pull just cancel rage crash

Fire: back draft.....he's to far.....lasso....**** I lasso'd the wrong add....he's gonna die so yolo you pop all your self heals hope to god the adds have mercy you jump over them Lasso the add back draft,block you saved the healer but nearly wiped the group your health is at 20% all heals are on cooldown you are in the hands of the healer now.

That is why we are calling for a full revaluation of Fire.
    • Like x 7
  15. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Lol. I can honestly say I found this hilarious.... and true.....
    • Like x 3
  16. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

Me too!

Crap! ***** I lasso wrong add! ********! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I use low pressure, I don't have this problem, but I can image a acrobatic and speedster lol!
    • Like x 2
  17. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YOLO!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    • Like x 2
  18. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Lol, I did too!
    • Like x 2
  19. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Lacedog Loyal Player

pretty funny. especially the brick part. who uses brick for tanking l&w? lolz