GU 43 Fire tanking

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Imsms08, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Imsms08 New Player

I can't post on the test forms so can someone please put this in there for me, thanks.

Fire is the only tank power without any proactive powers that reduce damage before it is taken. Ice, earth and rage have powers other the tank role buff they get from using any power in tank role that reduce damage before that get hit with it.

All fire has are the self heals which are all reactive. Buffing the self heals are nice but don't help you take a bigger hit before you get hit with it.

I suggest giving some powers the bonus while in tank role that gives an additional +25-50% health bonus of some powers that stacks with the 60% health buff they aready get. Powers that I would suggest adding this to would be enflame, stoke flames, burnout and burning determination. These are all tank moves that many tanks already have on their load outs. This would also give them that extra bit of protection when those big hits are about to come. This bonus would only work for these powers while in tank role. They also don't need to apply in pvp for those who worry about the pvp balance.
  2. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

We don't need more health, we have lots of health and that's still a problem because enemies hit very hard. I agree some mitigation would be nice, but Ideally I want fire to be a tank where we can take a few hits and heal enough back that we don't constantly have to block. Eternal Flame is a great example of what an efficient tank should be able to do with normal abilities.
    • Like x 1
  3. VariableFire Loyal Player

It's too bad Eternal Flame has to be in the loadout to be used. The very few times I want to use it, I really want to use it, but those times are just so rare that putting in my normal loadout is a waste. It's too bad it can't be combo'd into, like holding melee after Enflame triggering Eternal Flame.
    • Like x 1
  4. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Make our inferno heal in tank role. Have it stack the increased resto or double our health pool while standing in the blaze :D
    • Like x 3
  5. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

Inferno is a DPS move, you will overwrite damage.

A good idea will be:
    Make all damage from Burnind Determination Heals the Tank in Tank Role, and all this heals stack. Every time a enemie that are burning hit you, you can be healed insted. So How many more enemies arround you, more you can heal. And the name of the power sounds like this!
    • Like x 2
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

actually the devs have stated several times that they can make the powers not overwrite they just need to hurry and do it and that will no longer be a issue
    • Like x 3
  7. Stark23 Committed Player

They've done it with other powers, Debris Field for Earth won't over write between tank and dps, there was one they took care of for Electric as well between healer and dps.
  8. SkuIIx Active Player

Will someone post this to the test page if they like it. If immolation is active, add a small extra heal to backdraft per enemy hit.
    • Like x 1
  9. Imsms08 New Player

Also can you make it so that inferno grants immolation to the caster even if they are not standing in it. That way we can use the combo for overheat.

Better yet would be of you change immolation to a useful power. Maybe a weapon proc that allows your weapon attacks to do might ticks like gadgets intimidation or sorcery's weapon of destiny. Fiery weapon is already our buff just need a passive weapon proc type power.
    • Like x 1
  10. Korlick Loyal Player

Spontaneous Combustion does that.
  11. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

Gasp! Did someone *actually* mention Immolation??? So it's not a forgotten PI after all! (As of now, that's all it seems to be in game... forgotten, only really used to set enemies on fire without even thinking about it)

Better incorporation of Immolation would help the power, exponentially in terms of general gameplay, on top of what buffs we're already getting in gu 43. In the future, I would like to see more interaction with Immolation to make it "usable" besides just to set enemies on fire for what seems like a shorter time than normal burning abilities. It would not only make Fire more viable, but also adding a depth to the gameplay that would make it even more fun than it already is. Make Immolation work off of other powers, like Backdraft, like Skullx suggested. It'd be nice if it ticked a small HoT while active also. Maybe some extra health while Immolated? This PI is long forgotten at this point. Needs to change.
    • Like x 1
  12. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

I want to say "have you tried blocking?" and troll you so bad lol, but I won't cuz when I think about it, you make a point. Fire tanking in fresh gear in new content can be very difficult. Even if played flawlessly, blocking incoming hits, timing heals, etc., it can still be pretty stressful for even the most seasoned healer- why? Damage mitigation.

The lack of damage mitigation in fresh gear is what separates Fire from the rest because it removes "breathing room". I solo tanked L&W successfully with just 94-96 level gear pretty recently- it went smoothly- but I credit that (along with two excellent healers with trollers to back them up) to the fact I had to use HL Shield. HL Shield? Yeah... HLS.. IKR :/
  13. Imsms08 New Player

Well thank you for not trolling me lol, but I'm glad you see my point that fire lacks any damage mitigation outside of block. Which as a tank you think they would get seeing as their job is to take damage.
  14. Imsms08 New Player

I
    it does but having a another clipable passive might proc in the form of a weapon proc would help it's fires over all damage. Or they could always give firey weapon might procs and make it like ice bash.
  15. Ex lightbringer New Player

I'm gonna be that guy,how about damage absorption like earth your Dom is added to your defense,allowing you to absorb and heal back damage,this will make up for the lack of shields earth,rage and ice have'em Fire needs a one up to equal this.Bosses hit hard fire needs help
  16. Command Overlord Well-Known Player

It doesn't help much that the dominance buff fire tanks get only increases health.
  17. SkuIIx Active Player

Imo. All these new heal bonuses. Should be revolving immolation. And not cr. More restoration is in 80ish cr gear anyhow aint it? Give extra small hot on backdraft if immolation is up. More heals on stoke and bd if immolation is up. Small hot added to burnout if immolation is up. Instead of a ranged pull, make a max target four, eruption of lava at range thrusting enemies toward you. Give stoke a breakout. BECAUSE, fire needs to be off there backs to shine.
  18. SkuIIx Active Player

Dominance affects heals too
  19. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Fire tanks need a shield other than HL Shield.
  20. Command Overlord Well-Known Player

Fire don't need shields, just needs a way that the tank powers do a bit more than heal and keep health buffed.
    • Like x 1