Banned for cheating

Discussion in 'PC Account Support' started by Powerhouse70, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Well, a situation like that on something as important as the job has a totally different weight. I wouldn't compare being suspended from a game with the risk of losing your source of income and going to jail. My levity was due to the non critical situation.

BTW, as many other already said, if they don't tell you what they found, you are just a victim with no hope of redemption or justice.
    • Like x 1
  2. Verde Cero New Player

Ok i got another response to my ticket

I'd like to let you know that a slow Internet speed would not result in a suspension or ban.
    Using programs that modify your connection to the game is a different story as that would trigger our detection.

so it isnt that,i asked them if it could be the program i need in order to connect to the internet that would count as modification of connection...cause without the 3g dongle program i wouldnt be able 2 use the internet...and i also asked if it could be the virus on the computer doing so,as they also told me that i should check my files if they were tempered with,as i know viruses can delete files n otherwise mess with them...that being said tho,the check up in the launcher works fine,even tho it replaces 8 mbs of data each time,which are four files EXE and all that...as i read in another thread,this is what the launcher is suppose to do,and i also understand its somewhat a security measure which makes a new file everyday...or rather refreshes it....i want to avoid downloading 20 giga all over again (who wouldnt) but eventualy ill figure it out...i dont mind the wait i guess,but i also dont wanna get banned or suspended more times for unknown reason or my computer being little **** 2 me -.-
    • Like x 1
  3. shinya2104 Level 30

Same here been banned for 1 week life time member, first time on in almost year, i go and do some briefings for mr miracles cape,and a few raids, I get home from a hard days work to see i am banned for cheating. Besides pogo this is the only game i really play, so i woildnt know the first thing about cheating ingames. i am at a loss here.
    • Like x 1
  4. Itazuki New Player

Yet big spenders who have been using hacks on and off still play. SOE logicsssss.
    • Like x 2
  5. shinya2104 Level 30

• Like x 2
  6. Powerhouse70 Well-Known Player

Apparently their detection software isnt infallible after all.

I hope they get to the bottom of this before my suspension is up but Im not going to let it go even then.

Not really sure how much I'll be playing anyway. Theres the catch 22...if I were guilty of cheating Id know exactly what Id done wrong and not repeat it again. But since I havent cheated.....ever....yet Ive been accused of it anyway, I dont even know what to change, if anything, to stop it from happening again and potentially getting a much longer or perma ban in the process.
    • Like x 1
  7. Bloodranger Active Player

Powerhouse! you totally got it man.
    I don't know what I did wrong, I'm afraid that they could just ban me again for no reason...
    I will definitely not renew my membership unless they admit that it was an Error on their part.
  8. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Out of interest: The people who got banned - just very few of you have the servers in your sig. Are you all on USPC?
    • Like x 2
  9. shinya2104 Level 30

yes we are
    • Like x 1
  10. Powerhouse70 Well-Known Player

Im USPC here.

Didnt want to do it but Ive performed a clean install of my operating system . Will have to download DCUO all over again.

In the latest reply from a gm theyre now telling they are positive that software that violates game policies was used by my account. I cant think of anything ti could be other than a virus or malware but thankfully the clean install should fix that as well.
    • Like x 1
  11. SpadeofSlade's Active Player

Consider myself as another player added to this recent issue.

I was banned for 7-8 days for cheating for allegedly using third party content to grant myself an advantage over other players and I have gone to many measures to see what could be the problem and have turned out empty.

This really needs to be resolved and SOE can't keep telling people to go to help.soe because all that's happening is that they're referring to information that is claiming we are cheaters and are therefore being treated like them.

(EUPC)
    • Like x 1
  12. Arkangel77 Level 30

Add me to the growing list of Being Band for NO reason. They said I was cheating but gave me no information as to what happened. I am suspended for 3 days. I have responded to them with the requested Info but haven't heard back yet. They were asking me all kinda questions about my ISP and my connection speeds. I have fought with them in the past (over a year back) for issues regarding my account and the fact that when I pvp I consistently get 30 second re-spawns or longer after being knocked out. The conclusion was my Lap Top is sucky and or My connection is sad. They never fixed it and I just deal with it because it was problems on my end. Now I am getting suspended for I dont know what But I guess its because of my week connection? I am a legendary member for close to 3 years now. I am a member of "Play" and Mostly run with my League. WE dont Cheat - there is no reason to cheat. I am sure this wont matter to anyone but all the members of play can attest to the fact that I / We dont cheat! This game is just not that hard! Its ridiculous that you can be banned or suspended and have NO recourse. They wont give you any Info. By the time you fight them threw the issue your suspension is probably over anyway. I pay REAL money to play this game. If you are going to accuse me of something and STEAL my money by locking my account then you had better at least be able to prove your accusation. I have had experience with other MMO's and the customer service is top notch. DCUO has a lot to learn when it comes to fair treatment of there paying customers. I will update this thread as I go threw this process.

PS - Its nice that some of you say it dont matter and blaa blaa blaa BUT it matters to you when you get unfairly banned, I can tell you that for sure
    • Like x 1
  13. Arkangel77 Level 30

PPS - I am USPC
  14. niteravn Active Player

The problem is accountability. No one holds the DEVs and GMs accountable. They DO NOT have to provide proof. As a paying customer with over 3years of play time, if this happens to me, I will get a lawyer and they will tell me what I did wrong. If they do not, it will be a Class Action suit. SOE has already lost a suit in CANADA regarding service. MEPPS and SPYTLE please read these posts. I do understand that some HAVE do something wrong and rightfully deserve the ban. But others do not. ALL should be told what they did wrong and be given the chance to prove whether or not the banning was correct. Social Media being what it is, bad press is not good. This is a great game. I have always enjoyed myself playing this game and I am going to continue to play. I don't play PVP except for feats BECAUSE of the cheating that is not addressed. So I will never max out on my SPs. Please reply to this, and the other posts, with something besides the canned reply. They deserve it, whether the were wrong or not.
    • Like x 2
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You can't win a suit. Read the TOS you agreed to.

https://www.soe.com/termsofservice.vm

You've already agreed that they are not liable. This is a binding legal agreement.
  16. niteravn Active Player

Different states have different consumer protections laws. Did you really read this? They state that they can be held accountable but only for the initial charges (i.e. the 3/5 days that it cost for the game). When service is denied without proof given, the EULA can be considered null and void. How do you think that they won in CANADA? I am ALL FOR BANNING CHEATERS. DO I'LL HELP! Just give the reason and proof. It is called due process. Also, with the state of the court systems today in the United States, do you really think that SOE would win? The courts would body slam them. The end users would lose (meaning the game). That is not what I want. NOONE DOES. We just want to be treated fairly and honestly.
    • Like x 1
  17. Verde Cero New Player

dude,i had teh same 3 days ban,but i didnt get any form of warrnin or anything,and they didnt ask me any question either,they specificly told me that it cant be due to my internet even tho its 3G cell phone based crap connection...i also told them that im affraid to get a membership now as i dont want to end up like you,with my money stolen and no explenation...
    • Like x 1
  18. shinya2104 Level 30

Obviously they. don't give a crap, you have GM's Devs, that are not even monitored, or structured. No matter how many times you post here, you will get the same automated response, send in a ticket. Of course you all must know by now, that sending in a ticket, gives you the same automated response we all get. They don't, lift a finger to investigate, discuss the incident, you just get a computer generated response. They had a lawsuit in 2013 in canada because of these same issues. Their other MMO game PS had the same problem with wide spread unjustly bans,abd the community there went in an uproar over it,and because of it they finally investigated,and unbanned most of them. Also the excuse they they can't provide proof ect because it would give information to work around their anticheat. What a Crock of bull that is. I run my own Mu mmo server for about 10 years, any cheaters that were caught by me or my players, they were investigated,and banned,also a ss or copy of the log to show how what cheats they were using.
    • Like x 2
  19. shinya2104 Level 30

20. Humane Committed Player

What you are saying is highly illogical. First I have to say I am playing devil's advocate also since I have never been banned.
    If you suddenly discover you have been banned for : a) 3 days b) 7 days c) permanently
    and if you have never cheated, how could you just sit there and take it lying down?

What they are doing is akin to someone saying "because" in an argument. "Why am I wrong?" "Because!"
    They have to share some details in why they banned someone, at least I think they should.

I agree that 3 or 7 days are no big deal, but 3 or 7 days for doing nothing must be frustrating.
    • Like x 2