Upd43: Slackers begone

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by tukuan, Nov 14, 2014.

1. tukuan Devoted Player

So many things to choose from but IMO the best part of update 41: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...n-pc-test-game-update-43.227834/#post-2930846

A number of heuristic methods have been deployed in PvP matches to detect when individual players are not participating as well as when matches are being "thrown", meaning one team is handing the other team a win. When an individual fails to participate, that individual will not receive rewards. When a match is thrown, nobody on either team will receive rewards. Repeatedly failing to participate or throwing matches may result in account sanctions

It's too bad it wasn't implemented at the beginning of the season but better late than never.
    • Like x 14
  2. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Good. :cool:
    • Like x 8
  3. Solutha New Player

Its a good thing for competitive pvp but it may just kill it off as well. The first time someone get hits with an account suspension it will cause a lot of players to just stop pvping all together for fear they may be next.
    • Like x 6
  4. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

Or start pvping lol and not get a ban.
    • Like x 6
  5. The Doctor Loyal Player

You've gotta be f'n kidding me. Just wait for this to backfire. What business do they have adding crap like this to the game when Link Death doesn't even work correctly?

"You Win!"

followed by

"You have been deemed ineligible to collect rewards from this match!"
    • Like x 16
  6. Solutha New Player

what happens if you disconnect or start getting really bad lag? It happens and may cause the system to boot you without marks. I'm not saying its a bad thing. something was needed. Its just that there is room for people to get hit by it for reasons out of their control.
    • Like x 1
  7. Captain Neos Committed Player

Wow no more standing still, guess the I'm in it for a fight crowd will be happy.
    • Like x 1
  8. Parker Level 30

Legit question: If I'm holding down a nod and no one is attacking me, will the system think I'm throwing the match or will it recognize I'm actually contributing?
    • Like x 14
  9. PillowHands Committed Player

I disagree with this. If you want a competitive match scrimmage. I get my gear the lazy just for scrimmages. Unbalanced pug matches mean nothing to me.
    • Like x 9
  10. Solutha New Player

I'm hoping that it sees you are collecting points for the team so you are contributing. I have had those matches where I did zero damage because I capped a node the entire match.
    • Like x 7
  11. Skyfairy New Player

This is exactly my worry. If it is implemented as designed then cool, I've no problem with it but I suspect it will be one gigantic failure with genuine players suffering as a result.
    • Like x 6
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It shouldn't seeing as how you're actively scoring for your team.

It's absolutely fantastic that they're doing this finally, but I can just see a lot of issues with this if it isn't developed properly. Giving us more information on how the system determines whether or not someone is participating really should have been handed out with the update notes.

EDIT: I just tossed Mepps a PM about this with a link to this thread asking if he or someone could explain how it determines the criteria to whether or not you are throwing a match.
    • Like x 8
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

This whole idea is just asking for trouble.

If it works as well as the ;

"We detect that you are stuck" feature.....

Lots of people will be wrongly considered to have thrown a match. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 7
  14. FrostCrescent Well-Known Player

If this is the case, can the original pvp rewards for lair battles be reinstated?
    • Like x 6
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???

Why is this "fantastic"???

I can count on one hand the amount of times I have seen this happen.... in the past 3 years.

This is like using a Bazooka to try and kill a Butterfly. Odds are they will not fix the problem... and for extra fun odds are they will create new probelms with this.

I guess we can expect complaint as bad as when the Deserter penalty was added. Or the current complain about Link Death.

Guess we will have to wait and see.
    • Like x 3
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Honestly, it happens quite a bit against myself, Sab's personal record is 12 people in a row, I think at one point Clutch said over half the people he fights give up or just don't bother.
    • Like x 3
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

No. Not until they make a proper 2v2 of that. First to 3 kills (not even 3 team wipes) is far, far faster than any other match.
    • Like x 1
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would almost be tempted to ask people for videos as proof of this happening.

As I mentioned... I rarely saw this happen in the past 3 years.

Even during the infamous period where losing meant no reward in PVP.... people would just leave as opposed to stand there and lose on purpose.

Although what I have seen is people who would end up in the "wrong" faction thanks to Suicide Squad and they would try to "help" the players from their faction win.

I am curious to see if they will do something to fix THAT.

And I am curious to see what they think they can do to "punish the slackers".
    • Like x 1
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I don't have most of my videos as they were taken from months ago and saw little reason to upload them as it would just be a public shaming, but by all means I'll upload videos if you want when I start running regularly again.

Not saying you're wrong, but I've never even heard of people trying to help the players of their faction win.
    • Like x 1
  20. Sabigya Steadfast Player

The 12 record was held in legends, so no excuse of gear/SP from enemies. They all just died once and just stopped after that and either stepped outside and stayed there or just leave.
    If you que up to PvE and do nothing to help your team and simply be there to do nothing, do you really deserve the marks or a kick?
    The same ideology should be kept in PvP.
    • Like x 3