Need a Repair Vendor in the Historic District

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DarkThorn, Nov 11, 2014.

1. ou812puzzledalo Well-Known Player

I concur. Great thread! Please everyone stay on topic. It is needed. I'm not ashamed. I would repair between ko's from Superman. Lol
    • Like x 1
  2. Crackin New Player

Surely this wouldn't be another money making gimmick , like no repair bot in Trigons Prison. Devs would never do that! Probably got lost in the shuffle of very important fixes needed during the PC test.
  3. Sbel Devoted Player

Question: Why don't you just fly there instead of teleporting? It's not real fast, but faster then crashing the game.
    • Like x 1
  4. ChuckLess New Player

Every Vendor and Mission Giving NPC should be able to repair gear.

/thread
    • Like x 1
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Bounties
    • Like x 4
  6. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

No, but ANY decrease in armor strength makes you more vulnerable.

As for flying to a repair vendor, it wastes way too much time, and when you are replaying content to gain better gear so you are not a liability in the more difficult content, time is valuable.

ALL the other 'open world' missions have a repair vendor in the location where missions are assigned... SoT, WoTL1, AF1... but suddenly, out of the blue, WoTL2 does not have one; it just does NOT make sense.
    • Like x 1
  7. Buckley Loyal Player

O but there is one, did you not equip it before going there?
  8. Sbel Devoted Player

HT open world missions don't have repair vendors. That's why I still have a base at each location. I wish we could move our lairs to the urgent warfronts.
    • Like x 2
  9. King Felsa New Player

Your gear strength and stats are UNAFFECTED until you reach 0/100 durability. There is no difference between someone with 70/100 durability, someone with 6/100 durability, and someone with 100/100 durability.

Please don't spread false information.
    • Like x 5
  10. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I wish that too, also like to have a base in Central City. :(
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

So that's why we get the 'gear damaged' icons and why we suddenly get KO'd much more easily? The fact is, if durability was not affected, then there would be no need for repairs and no 'damaged' icon. This is also why when you are KO'd, your gear drops to 90, then 80, dropping 10 with each KO... and each time it drops you are more vulnerable and will be KO'd much easier until it is repaired. Boy, talk about someone trying to spread false information.
  12. Little Sister New Player

No it doesn't. Your gear either works, or it's broken. You don't get weaker as your armor loses strength.
    • Like x 4
  13. King Felsa New Player

No, you're wrong. It's as simple as that.
    • Like x 4
  14. Little Sister New Player

This is SO incorrect. 0/100 is the only thing that will make you weaker.
    • Like x 4
  15. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Then what is the point? Why even have the icons if it doesn't deplete in stages? Because your gear has to reach a certain level before it's broken, so why even bother dropping your durability in increments; what is the point of those numbers if they don't mean anything?
  16. Little Sister New Player

It just means 10 KOs and you should repair your gear.
  17. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Strange, because I have seen players running back to repair vendor or calling in repair bots in Raids/Alerts after one KO; so apparently this "misinformation" is widespread.
    • Like x 2
  18. NegativeMass Developer

The different icons are to help you estimate how many more times you can get knocked out before your gear will break. You can always highlight each item and look at the durability, but the icons are a visual shortcut.
    • Like x 6
  19. Little Sister New Player

I like to do it in Survival Mode after a few KOs, because if you get to 50/100 and the new bosses are about to come out, you never know you may get KOd 5 times in the fight and then you have to break out a Bot in the middle of the fight. So that's one of the reasons I think players like to repair before 0. I also think a lot of players are just OCD about repairing lol
    • Like x 4
  20. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Thank you!! This helps to clarify, because there is little information out there on this subject. Therefore, it is quite easy to see how people might misunderstand if they are looking at the durability numbers and seeing the drop and not understanding how/when this actually effects gear stats. I assumed that it was an 'effectiveness' rating which meant the lower the number, the less effective your gear became, so yeah, my bad. :p
    • Like x 2