PvP Clamping

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Monster828, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Monster828 New Player

Ok, You guys have introduced PvP clamping which for those of you who dont know what this is, basically maxed out players stats get debuffed and undergeared players get buffed in arenas PvP. I understand you guys want to make it easier for players undergeared in PvP but why take away from players who work so hard to max out their toons? This isnt balancing PvP, Its only making people who have maxed out their toons stats mad. The only thing we wanted which would balance PvP, is for you guys to take out white mods, home turf trinkets, and utility belts which you guys did. Those players who get their stats buffed didnt work for those stats. The players who maxed out their toons worked for their stats. I, aswell as others, do not like the fact that we have the best PvP gear and mods in the game but yet we get our stats debuffed when we enter an arena. This should be taken out. If somebody doesnt have T1 PvP gear then they can go do legends to earn marks so that they can buy T1. This needs to be taken out honestly. Whats our gear even useful for besides scrimmaging competitively or a feat if we are just going to get debuffed when entering arenas? I aswell as others run arenas because we like to PvP, not because we need marks. While im on the topic of PvP, Why would you guys nerf healers and controllers in PvP but keep DPSs hitting as hard as they can basically? Healers cannot heal through a 10-15k weapon mastery combo, especially if they are debuffed by a troll. Power consumption is crazy so that alone makes it really hard for a healer to heal because they can only do 3 heals powers and their bar is empty not counting having to breakout or the troll having to breakout, feed DPSs power and debuff the other healer. To be honest you guys completely unbalanced PvP in certain aspects. ALOT of players are leaving that I know due to what you guys have done to PvP.
    • Like x 9
  2. yaya2220 New Player

the update was okay i dont really care so much about the power cost. The only thing i had problems with was haymaker and riffle but now hb just tickles and riffle still not fix
    • Like x 1
  3. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Ugh.. That wall of text.. I am not reading that. Hurts my eyes! Please use the Space Bar! next time.
    • Like x 12
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I agree I fully support players getting buffed stats to make them competitive in matches but I truly dont understand how they can make us work for gear that the stats are reduced on when we enter a match. might as well not have gear at all and just ballance our stats when we enter a match if that is the road they want to take
    • Like x 6
  5. Monster828 New Player

Thats what im saying. Like is our gear just for bragging rights, competitive scrimmaging and 1 little feat? lol
    • Like x 1
  6. Owl Devoted Player

The stats that are being clamped are probably Criticals.

Critical Attack Chance and Critical Healing Chance are capped at 33%.
    Critical Attack Damage and Critical Healing Magnitude are capped at 175%.

Base Critical Attack Chance and Critical Healing Chance are 5%.
    Base Critical Attack Damage and Critical Healing Magnitude are 25%.
    • Like x 4
  7. Joykiller Dedicated Player

The issue is even with taking out all of the Home Turf stuff, trinkets, and sodas there would be incredible imbalance due to SP and gear stats (all the skill in the world won't make up for that). The PVP elitists couched this as 'balance', but what they meant was 'We don't want to a) have to pay for a DLC to have the same advantages as others (via Home Turf) and b) don't want to have to run PVE content to accrue Marks to keep those mods active.' But, the Devs are sneaky like that - they're smart enough to realize that even by removing HT Mods and other in-game luxuries (trinkets, sodas, etc.) new players would still get smashed. So, they took the initiative and REALLY went for balance by nerfing high end gear and buffing low end gear.

You should know by now asking something from the Devs usually gives you some unintended consequence, like that story 'The Monkey's Paw,' where you are granted wishes but at a huge cost (ex, ask for money, and your father dies so you get his life insurance, etc.).
    • Like x 5
  8. Monster828 New Player

Controllers vit gets debuffed, healers resto gets debuffed, and DPSs prec and might gets debuffed. I dont know what stats tanks get debuffed simply because I havent asked one yet.
  9. Joykiller Dedicated Player

So, dumping all your SP into the crit bonuses is probably not worth it, eh?
    • Like x 1
  10. Monster828 New Player

This is what they need to do. They just need to take out clamping, fix the late block breakers and lunges, fix the breakout/stun crap, and give our PvP gear more power. Its as simple as that. We dont need any extra nothing. No extra trinkets, no extra anything. Keep the gear/loadout the same just fix what needs to be fixed and dont add anything. PvP would be perfect then.
    • Like x 1
  11. Joykiller Dedicated Player

But, how would that be balanced? New players would still get killed. Sure, skill will always matter, but gear and SP will win out with similarly skilled players. I thought this is what everyone wanted? Except me of course.
  12. Monster828 New Player

Crits have been capped for a while now. Everybody I know included myself, doesnt spec in crits because of this reason. Therefore leaving us with more SP to spec into resto, might & prec, Vit, etc.. They actually just nerfed healer crits if im not mistaking. Why are DPSs, healers, and trollers losing stats although we are specced perfect with top gear and mods? dumb addition imo
  13. Monster828 New Player

New players need to grind legends for gear and combat expierence then. then when they go into arenas they will have gear and combat experience. simple as that. theres levels to this **** lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Monster828 New Player

Also new players need to grind SPs just like everyone else. Us players who grinded out SPs, gear, and mods should not get punished just because the opposing team isnt up to par with us. You have your casual players then you have your hardcore elite players. Hardcore elite players are always going to have better gear, more SP, and better mods and stats than new or casual players. Therefore we should not get punished/debuffed for what we have.
    • Like x 2
  15. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Are Might and Precision capped in DPS stance? Or only the crit bonuses (to healing/damage)?

I agree that people should be able to use whatever they want in PVP and was never in favor of making things 'balanced' for the sake of fair competition. The way I see it, I leveled and geared up and invested in my character and took my lumps when I was a new player and wasn't discouraged from trying to get better. PVP Elitists who don't PVE cried because they didn't want to buy the Home Turf DLC and maintain the mods via PVE marks, so they couched their PVP complaints under the umbrella of making everything 'balanced'. Yet another example of the vocal minority hardcore PVP elitist group ruining things for everyone else.
  16. Monster828 New Player

Might and precision, vit, resto, and some others get nerfed when going into arenas. DPS crits have been capped for a while. I dont know about healing and trolling crits.
  17. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Would be useful to know what the limit is for sure so the SP can go into something worthwhile...
    • Like x 1
  18. Command Overlord Well-Known Player

I find at times the lower geared player is the one that gets a debuff fighting a higher geared opponent. Cause I have a pvp Cr of 99 and my opponent with a pvp Cr of 100 will show a red arrow facing down under my mini map when it should be the other way around. I noticed this cause my highest crit I could do with WM was less than 2k.
  19. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

This could be if you're using a weapon buff and it's pushing your crit chance above the cap, hence being clamped down.
    • Like x 2
  20. PawnofDCUO New Player

Bravo!! I've been fighting this same argument in another thread. +1 from me.
    • Like x 2