Preview: New Movement Variant Skimming!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Sithwind New Player

Would love to see them make ones based on teleportation, technology; Ie Lex suit which looks like he has a natural flying instead of Tech; Winged flight like hawkman/hawkgirl, and rope/vine swinging. Possibly some other non "Mainstram" Styles after all the powers characters are given are based off the cumulative powers and abilities of a possible future. Get away from what is "now" and towards what is possible when all hell breaks loose.
  2. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Static (not Static Shock) uses a singular disc, so no this is no kind of hint at a Static Legends character.
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Am I the only one who finds it weird that people are posting pictures of Static when this is nothing like how he travels? He uses a singular disc propelled by electromagnetic energy.
    • Like x 1
  5. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

The movement mode is still similar stop trying to be technical
    • Like x 6
  6. Sithwind New Player

It is possible and not much of a stretch in animation for them to create a Static Legend based off of the Skimming power set. The most would need to be done is fix the legs in flight from skating to a fixed position.
  7. MercPony Devoted Player

I've been an Acrobat for a long time but I'm very tempted to use this movement now lol
  8. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

9. Master Play Committed Player

I'm pretty sure we all know that. If you say this is nothing like how he travels, you need a new pair of glasses my friend. This is very similar and not that far off, I wouldn't imagine it being difficult for the devs to tweak a couple animations to make this movement feasible for one disc. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Buckley Loyal Player

No its not! The animations on it would be different, a lot different. One similar idea for assisted flight but 3 very different animation sets.

To the animators, HUGE THUMBS UP, the animation looks awesome ;)

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. Spidey Well-Known Player

This looks neat, but it's not something I'd want to be stuck with. I love my flight animations. I would rather this be something I could flip on and off at will especially since it's just a reskin.
    • Like x 1
  12. Zeo Committed Player

I was the only one who did not like this kind of movement? Honestly I expected more, the super fast mode is a re-skin of acrobatic and animation of the static flight is very ugly.
  13. KnightFalz Active Player

You also have to purchase it if you are a member and you wish to change an existing character with flight to skimming. Members can make new characters with skimming for no additional cost though, so they do get something additional for subscribing.
  14. Will Power Loyal Player

Looks like I'll be making a Skimming Power set Toon. I was hoping to see you run one of the races with skimming. However it looks cool enough to have a new Toon be a skimmer.
  15. KnightFalz Active Player

You are making a distinction that may not matter much to many. One disc, two disc... whatever. For many it will be close enough, so they are posting a character they feel to be close enough to what will be on offer.

This method is simply easier to pair with the animations in the game as a glowy disc is attached to each foot so the feet can move about independently and the discs along with them with little to no trouble.

With a single disc, they would have to make an actual disc the character could stand on, with the fighting animations done as if standing on a platform, with the disc attached to the character with some kind of tether to account for knocks and such. This would probably be a lot more bother to implement, probably too much bother.
  16. jeffcostarica Level 30

Cant wait for Acrobatic one!! I hope it´s not jumping or swinging! o_O
  17. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

The downward animation reminded me of this.
    • Like x 1
  19. KnightFalz Active Player

I just watched the youtube clip of this. I don't know if this clip has larger dimensions than the twitch one, of if if I'm just seeing it better due to my headache not being quite so splitting as earlier, but it is a lot better than my characterization of it being glowy discs stuck to the feet. It is also quite clear many are keen on it just from the posts in this thread alone.

As such, I have to admit it is a better addition to the game than I had initially given it credit for.
  20. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I find it weird too I mean... [IMG]
    This looks nothing like this, right?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1