Devs, why are red and blue plasmics in the booster bundle after they were deemed exclusive ?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FESTER665, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Valeyard New Player

**** that, I spent too much in game cash for the Original Nimbus for it to be coming back. And you know what's a shame? I spent 60 mil on it, but if I had KNOWN AHEAD OF TIME THIS BUNDLE WAS COMING, I could've waited to get it for about 30-40 mil now. I could've had up to 30 mil left over right now. 30 MIL. But I DON'T Devs. Because of YOUR sully work.
    • Like x 1
  2. wyn333 New Player

Thanks for bringing it up:)

This is unbelievable Sony, I thought you meant these are exclusive and bought the blue plas for like 40 mil, they are now 2 mil, so instead of a veteran I now look like a newbie :)

I don't mind you earning money, but it shouldn't be hard to exclude the previous colors, this is extremely irresponsible, nicely done!
  3. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

This exactly. I remember the uproar when they released the booster bundles the second time. In one of those threads either spytle or mepps said that they meant they were exclusive to booster bundles, and specifically said that they were NOT exclusive to ONLY the specific booster bundle they were sold in.
  4. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Zod quoted Mepps' post, they changed colors to maintain exclusivity not just selling them in booster bundles...

Otherwise by that definition they could just put the regular plasmic and nimbus back in because they're in the booster bundle...
  5. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

You are correct. I replied before seeing zod's post and I see your point now.
  6. Bast10n Committed Player

The more and more I think about this, the more frustrated I get. I spent a ton of money on the last booster bundle to get the nimbus aura. I really liked the aura and felt it nessicary becuase it was exclusive to that bundle and only offered for a limited time. I wasn't really interested in the other things offered in the bundle, but I bit the bullet. I got my aura and was very happy.

I also got a ton of regular auras that were pretty worthless. I did happen to get a few plasmic auras. These auras didn't interest me personally so I sold one and held onto the other to sell on a rainy day. Well, the aura the was selling for 50+ million a week ago is now selling for under 2 million.

My rainy day fund is now basically worthless. And to think that I spent $20 a pop for a "small chance" and people are now spending $10 for a guaranteed aura. Absolute kick in the teeth DC.

Exclusive.... I had read the original thread that Mepps was quoted in. Why wouldn't I save it.... You have lost my Faith DC.
    • Like x 1
  7. Minnion Devoted Player

So, basically this boils down to entitlement issues... Where "Mr.Doe" thinks that only he is entitled to to red/blue plasmic auras because at the time he got his they were exclusive to that incarnation of the booster bundle, and now he's mad because every Tom Dick and Harry now have a chance of getting them from the new booster bundle and he feels that they shouldn't be entitled to that prize because his raffle ticket cost twice as much as their and had a larger prize pool...

So long story short, what you're telling me is that I should not entitled to any of the Red Plasmic Auras that I received through the new booster bundle because you were told that they were exclusive to the booster bundle that you bought to receive yours at a time when that version of the booster bundle was the only way to get it.... (Not that that version of the booster bundle is available anymore...)

Personally I kind of understand why you would be upset.(You spent twice as much per chance to get this aura and now feel buyers remorse because you can get the same ticket bundle for half the price and it has a better prize pool than the previous tickets.) But, I shouldn't loose anything just because I got a better deal than you did, it's unfortunate but short of giving those who bought the $20 booster bundles a second aura prize box I don't really see what the Devs could do at this point to appease you.
  8. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

This is your textbook case of false advertising.

Don't tell customers something is exclusive if it really isn't exclusive.
    • Like x 9
  9. FESTER665 Devoted Player

No, it's not entitlement really.... It's the developers saying it was exclusive and then releasing it.Heck I don't even wear the plasmics or have them to sell at a later date to become a DCUO millionaire.

So are they going to put the pre-order batman in the next booster bundles? How about the batman cowl everyone is clamoring for lately? They were deemed exclusive, but why not toss them into the booster bundles....

At this point I think they need to find out who had red or blue plasmics before this current bundle release and get them a new aura that is in fact exclusive. They already made a red nimbus, so maybe make a blue nimbus and then do not add it to the next round of booster bundles.

I know of a handful of people who spent hundreds of dollars on the last bundles. They were $20 at a much slimmer chance at getting one. This isn't fair to those people because they bought them and took that many chances based on the fact they were to be exclusive for that time period only.
    • Like x 3
  10. wyn333 New Player

Yup, what I'm telling you is that you should not entitled to any of the Red Plasmic Auras that you received through the new booster bundle because we were told that they were exclusive to the booster bundle that we bought to receive ours at a time when that version of the booster bundle was the only way to get it

Just be happy with what you get, I'm happy for what you get, just don't act like we're whining, let the Devs come and explain
  11. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I was gonna make this same thread. I was able to buy and resell the Blue and Reds for millions last go around because they weresupposed to be exclusive.
    • Like x 2
  12. Flightboy New Player

Uh oh..............................................................................................................
    • Like x 1
  13. wyn333 New Player

This would work, at least it makes sense and everyone is happy:
    Sony - Still made their money
    Plasmic owners before this pack - get something really exclusive
    New plasmic owners - still get their plasmic

It'd be really terrible If they can't do simple thing like this..
  14. Minnion Devoted Player

Aww, but we're supposed to act like every complaint is someone whining... Right? That seems to be the norm for the forums at least.(Just look at any cash cap thread ever.)
  15. Bast10n Committed Player

In 1998 Subaru made 400 impreza 22B's in honor of their Rally cross championship. Rare car collectors and Rally sport enthusiasts had a chance to get their hands a very rare car that was only going to be offered one time. Yes, they had to pay a premium, but it would be worth it. A solid financial investment. "Once in a lifetime opportunity".

What if Subaru decided to make thousands of impreza 22B's 6 months later? Suddenly owning a 22B becomes less relevant to rare car collectors. Less of an investment to the savy car broker. The original 22b's value would plumet.

This isn't about the entitlement. This is about exclusivity. Some people saw a once in a lifetime opportunity and they pounced on it. Others had the opportunity at that point in time. The problem here is that DCUO went back on their word and are loosing face.

The last thing Subaru wants to do is disappoint their enthusiasts...
    • Like x 2
  16. wyn333 New Player

Well at least my reply there wasn't like that, they shut down topics which they think are "nonconstructive" so I always try to stay "constructive"

17. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I was wondering the same thing. I thought the red and blue plasmics were exclusive to the last booster bundle pack. I didn't realize they were going to make a return :( I would have sold the ones I was holding on to, thinking they were "rare", when in reality, they weren't. It would have been nice if they wouldn't have worded it to say these were going to be an exclusive item.
    • Like x 2
  18. Acceo Well-Known Player

I'm thinking this is like Tickle Me Elmo, Teddy Ruxpin or Micheal Jordan's baseball Upper Deck rookie. Some people made a fortune and some were salty they hung on too long. I for one am glad I didn't spend 40-50 mil on a plasmic aura when I got a smoke one that rules. Maybe I'll buy a plasmic of all colors. How is this bad again?
  19. ErnieB Loyal Player

I case you haven't noticed in the time you've been here, the DCUO dev team is know for changing their minds in the split of a second.
    • Like x 1
  20. geostew Well-Known Player

Actually I have been around since Beta. I did preorder the collectors edition and got the "Exclusive" items. I was also around when Sony got hacked and got the Batman inspired mask and the hoody. It would not bother me one bit if they were to put them up on the market place or offered them through the bundle packs as well. Just because I have been around since the beginning does not give me any special rights or privileges over someone who just started yesterday. The only thing that being around since then gets me is the fact I got to live through all the growing pains this game has gone through.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.