I'm sick of high Tier Players in low Tier content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Will Power, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Will Power Loyal Player

I would like to have CR requirements to be enforced when you que up for content. I would also like a switch to turn off this option for the rest of the community. If your not the proper CR I want to be able to filter you out.
    • Like x 6
  2. Grumpy Dedicated Player

Why?
    • Like x 4
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

LFG CR 50-60 for LoA. On low servers its hard to even LFG or PuG for lower level content.
    • Like x 6
  4. Little Sister New Player

Make your own group, DUH.
    • Like x 12
  5. AzraelR Committed Player

Or go play on villains faction and wait 5 or 6 hours to get in some instance. Then you tell me if you changed your mind.
    • Like x 13
  6. WonderValkyrie New Player

it would not hurt for there to be a lockout mode for low lvl content so low lvl players could enjoy the content w/o a 108 dps tearing through everything and leaving after a subboss didnt drop the style they wanted. I could see how it would take the fun out of the low instances for low cr people. It's not easy to find a lfg for low tier raids and such anymore.
    • Like x 6
  7. Kharhaz Committed Player

I hear what you are saying, and I agree. However, if you are leveling up your alt and want that "old age" experience, your on your own.

Many people play the old levels (me) because the new content is not so fresh. I am 107. I love the old content, however like I said, I am with you in the "lets not take the mickey" department. Many players play those levels to level up, and even now I see players being blamed, players being kicked, and when I solo the boss the appreciation is immense.

Many players play these levels at 70 to get the marks to level up, I play them for fun. We are not all in the same pool, but we all want to swim.
    • Like x 2
  8. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

I'll gladly stop running it if Mepps and co. Give me all the style feats from them and the collections.
    • Like x 32
  9. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

It would hurt. It would take devs away from making things that matter.

What the "right" CR anyway? only 10 above? What about skill points. On alts i can 3x-4x my stats of my gear just with skills points. I only have 157 skills point too...

You just opening a can of worms here. Most people love a beast person running in an alerts.
    • Like x 3
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

They're talking about a function of the game ... the queue system. Your answer was for them not to use the function, rather than ask that it be improved.
    • Like x 5
  11. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

If the system is not working as they would like. Start your our group.

Everyone does it for high level raids or alerts. People que into lower stuff because it faster. Que system is to make it faster to get into groups. Not the perfect solution for everything. If you want something else, start your own group....

Really the best solution would let people walk into anything. As a high CR toon i have to run stuff for styles and have to que in. No way to just walk in.
    • Like x 1
  12. The Corrupt New Player

Sorry if your CR is not as high as mine (keep playing and it will be) but I enjoy the old content and will play it on my CR 106 if I want to. A CR requirement* is already in the game but its for "higher" tiered content. We cant go backwards. What if you got great gear to fast but still needed feats for say Inner batcave but your CR is to high now? How do you go back aside from walkins or forming your own group? No the system CR que is fine the way it is.
    • Like x 4
  13. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I don't see why they couldn't add an "at level only" queuing option that you can toggle on and off. If they did, that would resolve these type of complaint threads. Or, allow for SOLO queuing of ALL lower level instances... that would be even better. :D
    • Like x 9
  14. Predicament Well-Known Player

If the Devs made all the styles from the lower content available at the rare styles vendor, this would help the problem a lot, realistically, if you're running t1 stuff and higher cr players are in there, it's for the style feat, I am guilty of this. I would much rather run t6 stuff over and over to just buy the pieces I need
    • Like x 3
  15. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Think the problem here is.
    There are 2 types of higher tier players.
    The Good.
    • Does not skip content, runs smoothly, tries to hold back and keep with the group.
    The ******.
    • Skips all content till he gets to the boss then leaves if he does not have the styles. Ignores all ads and runs forward leaving all players to fend for themselves. Ques up as both roles but refuses to switch. One shots everything and going "You are welcome at the end".
    I don't mind the good, but the bad just annoy me to the max. For every good there is at least a 100 egotistical person who has been carried so hard they cannot run top tier content so they have to one shot everything to feel good.
    • Like x 10
  16. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Yes, making a premade group is the best method for the tools we have had. Which is use /LFG or another chat channel and talk to other users in chat to form a group.

an alternative idea or DCUO On Duty 2.0:
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Looking_For_Group
    Instead of the random On Duty design that we have had for 3+ years, with no ability to talk to group before being put in the instance.... you pick a category (PvP or PvE); pick a subcategory (Arena or Legends; or Duo, Alert or Raid); Pick a instance (example: Prime BattleGround); and see a list of player names that are interested in making a group for that content. If nothing is listed, a user can create a LFG listing. Users pick who they group with. Once in the group, use /group chat to....chat. If not the group you want or they do not want you, one can freely leave or be vote kicked.
    A possible DCUO version, once group is setup, do that pick role, and hit ready.
    Creating a group listing, the user can title the group with limited sized text box to give some idea of intention. (examples: CR42+, Style run. CR100+, no tanks. @last boss, need healer.) Perhaps, a filter can be utilized to screen CR and/or SP. (i don't think a filter would be necessary)
    There would be ways to report abuse of LFG system. (like GW2 has) I do like being able to see the group title, & meeting the players in chat before beginning. ;)
    Oooh, new UI..... what might you be capable of.... (rhetorical question)

As a high CR character, I will enter the instances I can manually through the portal and solo it. Those instances are limited.
    Challenges and Events can still be included on DCUO On Duty 2.0, and they can be or not be auto grouping like On Duty 1.0 is. Perhaps a game option could be enabled or disabled like Suicide Squad or Role Optional grouping for Alerts are.

Alternative 1) a possibility is for there to be a walk in portal for Every PvE instance.
    Alternative 2) like GW2 does for PvE maps & dungeons, auto tune stats of all players in that instance. (i think that would have a high change to enrage players. that's a change that'd be potentially too much to adapt to. consider, the speed feats becoming more challenging for new players than it was for players that got higher CR and went back to get the speed feat.)
    • Like x 1
  17. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

This does matter. When you get into a T5 and above instance, and the troll doesn't know what their PoT move is, it matters. When you have healers in Necropolis using a slow interruptible heal, because they've never had anyone really rely on them, it matters. When you have a group of five dps sitting on full health and power, with a single tank, single healer, and single troll, and the instance is still taking forever, it matters. When people earn gear and marks without doing anything, so they can access content they shouldn't, it matters. When you have gobs and gobs of content that are pretty much ignored, skipped, and torn through, while everyone plays the same five new instances, it matters.

The entry would be the current one, the cap could be the highest possible CR when that content or tier was out. Since T3+mods, I believe that's 70, 99, 101, 108. Or, it could be the bottom cap for the next one. What's that? 70 for T4, 86 for T5, 100 for T6? Can't remember offhand.

As far as alts buying skill points, I'm not for coming off the ship with 157SPs. I think they should've made that scale somehow. Surely, at least, made you wait until level 30 to get them.

Not really. Sometimes, they're trying to kick you, but they're three rooms away, stuck in combat or dying at the hands of what you skipped. Often, with the PS3 versus PS4, they've spent the entire time watching cutscenes, confused about what's going on. If they've been around a while, they might be happy with the speed feat they didn't earn.

They're talking about an option, like all the other gameplay options that would allow someone to only play with tier level players. People would still be able to open themselves up to play with a higher cr player.
    • Like x 2
  18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Most of the time, there is.
  19. Kintuse Well-Known Player

A Tank's instincts are to protect the group.
    A Healer's instincts are to keep the group alive.
    A Troller's instincts are to CC and power the group.
    A DPS' instincts are to blaze through content as fast as possible.

It's not hard to imagine which OP role is giving you the most issues.
    • Like x 3
  20. thedemonocus Loyal Player

get used to it because higher cr players still have to do lower content for feats or styles that lead to feats and it does not hurt lower cr in any way to have a higher cr in with you

when i was lower cr i loved when high cr would join in it made the run faster and easier and i would get feats as well so it was win win its also fun to help out lower cr players if you are high cr

and if they ever make it so a high cr can't join a low cr alert or raid i willl be done with this game because whats the point of being powerful if you can't show off once in a while