Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I would like to have foam hands as martial arts and brawler. :D

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

Kendo sticks.
    • Like x 2
  3. Heartsbane Committed Player

The Bat Staff kind of looks like Maul's dual ended lightsaber.
    • Like x 1
  4. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Some awesome ideas in here. xD

I'd like to see a double bladed staff. Something not very complicated in design, appearing as a more realistic martial weapon than something out of pure fantasy (something to compliment the 'spear' style, which is as basic as it gets and looks pretty good for effect, imo). The bladed ends would be no longer than a foot, if not slightly shorter (around 10 inches or so).

Would also like to see a weapon pack riffing off lightsabers as well as other powered energy weapons. Throwbacks to Optimus Prime's energy axe and Megatron's mace, with the color of the internal energy taking on 1 color from your color palette, and a 2nd color for an outer glow effect. There would be a slight separation between the hilt of the weapons where the energy emits, as if floating and being held in place by the hilt/handles. When it comes to the rifle, pistol and bow weapons, at least for the basic shots, i'd like to see the default bullet and arrow effects replaced with similarly 2 color energy blasts (if ram can handle it). If not, a change in the weapon firing sound effects would suffice (proven a possibility, as it's done with some weapon attacks that are imbued with the effects of the player's power type, such as handblaster's uppercut having unique effects for celest, sorc, quantum, etc).

Gangland weapons pack, which would include realistic variants (nothing ridiculously over sized or out of whack with proportion) of some of the weapon models already seen in the game such as the revolvers used by the GCPD, the light machine gun used by Bane's troops, a colored variant of the default pistol style, twin nodachi (w/no guards) or asian hook swords for dual weild, aluminum baseball bat for 2h or a large metal toothed cudgel, sword cane for 1h (with cobra headed grip), a stolen SWAT riot shield (metal kind with the eye slot, similar to what GCPD Batman uses), arm cannons for HBs (something that cover the entire hand, similar to Cyborg's cannon, but for both hands with a more modern military feel to it -- i'm thinking something closer to ED-209), gold plated brass knuckles for brawling, combat gloves with knuckle spikes (small, but visible enough) with a steel plate across the dorsum/back of the hand.

Would also like to see a heavy hitter's themed weapon pack, one emphasizing super human strength. This would range from using a twisted steel girder for 2h, a torn out stop sign with a small concrete chunk at the bottom end for staff, dual nail guns for pistols, a heavy rivet gun for rifle, a ripped out car door for the shield (with half busted out window and visible bullet holes, dents and slashes in the metal skin), ripped out parking meter for 1h, chunks of concrete with steel chain wrapped around the fists for brawling, two halves of a split i beam for DW, industrial lasers crudely strapped around the hand w/duct tape and steel pipes bent and wrapped around the hands for MA.
    • Like x 1
  5. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

No Broom for Halloween this year, no Broom for Christmas this year.
    Guess I'll go buy my missing candy-weapons then as so-so replacement.
  6. QwertyBeyond New Player

Batarangs as the things thrown from martial arts LOL
    • Like x 1
  7. jostar_015 New Player

is there a giant candy cane style for the staff? that would be neat, being the Christmas season and all.
  8. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

There is. It is the cooles Christmas-weapon-style, if you ask me, together with the shield, and I use it on my Snowman-Tank. :)
    But a Broom would be even better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Solarverse2 New Player

Force Projection. We need more weapons that feel like natural powers rather than actual weapons.
    • Like x 1
  10. jostar_015 New Player

sweet! (pun intended) do you know how i can get it?
  11. BroadSt Bully Well-Known Player

Sports Styles Please:

Staff--Hockey Stick
    One-Handed-- Golf Club/ Baseball bat/ Goalie stick
    HB- when you hold triangle you throw an exploding basketball.
    Shield-- Pads Defensive lineman and linebackers rush in practice.
    Bow-- Some archery style bow.
    Dual Pistol-- 2 miniature pitching machines.
    Two Handed-- not sure
    DW-- combo of any one handed weapon (Casey Matthews Style)
    MA-- UFC gloves and can throw any projectile sports related item (Baseball, puck, poker cards (if you count that as a sport)).
    Rifle-- skeet shooter.
    • Like x 1
  12. ApolloMystique New Player

dual blasters on both hands...like samus or megaman's blasters...except on both hands
    • Like x 1
  13. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

You can buy it from the Winter seasonal vendor in the HQ or the event-instance for 4 Holly Leaves, same as a candy-style for every other weapon-type.
  14. Alekimsior New Player

Whips. Not a style, more like a new weapon, but one can dream, right?

As for bows, I'd like to see a crossbow. Not a dual wield, a single, battle crossbow.
  15. Burnt New Player

So which, if any, have you implemented in to the game so far? I haven't noticed any new weapons personally
    • Like x 1
  16. QwertyBeyond New Player

Staff= Normal staff

I know its a bit off topic but seriously, we need more of those normal staffs, so far we have only the beginner one which no one can get unless they chose staff and the bat staff which i have no idea how to get lol.

Rifle= RPG ( is there 1 alr? Im not sure. )
  17. jostar_015 New Player

thanks. got it a few hours ago.

nothing says Christmas quite like beating a robot's head in with a giant candy cane.
  18. rival exe New Player

orange and violet energy weapons.
    Joker's crowbar (is that one already in game?)
    better ice weapons. with a frost/icy effect. the current one looks like a white rock.
    sai dual wields (like raphael from tmnt)
    giant two handed sword like cloud strife or ichigo from Bleach
    a more digital tech/brainiac style version of the flat blade dual wield style with glowing parts
    instead of shuriken, allow martial arts to throw bombs
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

something flexible like spiked mace, iron chain, whip,
    or maybe a oversized scissor??? yeah, that would be unique ^^
  20. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

This is how my Snowman-inspired tank is looking right now:

[IMG]

But he could look way cooler - like that (via) - if I finally got my Broom as Staff. :D

[IMG]
    • Like x 1