Update: Marks of Power

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

They say they want to slow down progression but what if I told you you can raise the mark price of gear?
    • Like x 1
  2. rival exe New Player

I am....No reason to play AF anymore yay!
    • Like x 2
  3. BumblingB I got better.

BiA and FR are avoided because they are long and were grinded out for a long time because no one could do the raids. It's sort of like TD, but not as bad, because the story was really well done.
  4. Rocko Man Of Action New Player

SWEET!!!!!!!!! more types of Marks to grind!! I remember when we were trying to get 4 types of marks and then I stop playing till all that went away. Destiny will be out soon! and what the Vending Unit 22? is he gonna use the different types of marks or what?
    • Like x 2
  5. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

They could just do the pve gear like they did the pvp gear and problems solved this change was just done to sell replay badges.
    • Like x 1
  6. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

My thing is with League Halls they didn't care about smaller leagues that can't play every day / all day to get prestige, but suddenly those same people who aren't fully geared yet and have been saving Fury since the DLC is supposedly dropping soon are essentially getting F'd over for being too slow. I understand that you're concerned about the players who zoom through / replay content and can't stretch it the whole 3 months. That's nobody's fault but theirs, you didn't have to come up with an answer to their ******** because they're still going to do the same thing even if they have to start fresh.
    • Like x 2
  7. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Read the first few pages then skipped to the end.

Sore really has the best solution here. Break each tier up in to 2 separate small and large content pairings. Everybody wins that way. Should that happen we'd be looking at a T6 pairing of Amazon Fury/Halls of Power that offered 3 open world solos, 2 duos, 3 alerts, 3 raids. To me that pairing sounds pretty close to perfect.

Right now though we are looking at 2 alerts and 3 raids for this new mark and that's it. A daily grind consisting of the same 2 alerts over and over and over with raids thrown in once a week. That grind of 2 alerts and only 2 alerts for a daily means of progression will get old fast. Then there's the fact that it completely alienates the small content crowd entirely giving them no content at all to use for progression.

If the small and large content idea that Sore offered is not followed then every DLC moving forward needs to follow an entirely new content structure, one of balance. Battle for Earth is the only DLC to date that truly achieved such a balance with some open world content, 3 duos, 1 alert and 2 raids. That type of balanced DLC is the kind that can support it's own mark, Halls of Power however cannot.
    • Like x 15
  8. OGM_Madness New Player

These new DLCs will be new Tiers in all but name. I understand that at the end of T6 you will have 8 alerts, 6 raids, 12 duos, etc, but isnt this what everyone wants? Lots of meaningful content to play and progress with? The good fix would be add meaningful stuff to buy at the vendors. Give us novelty trinkets (pets, transformations, etc), base items, etc. Things worth spending marks on. Gear could cost more (never understood the choice of making IL85 cost the same as IL86 & IL90 gear on T5), make IL92 cost less than IL94, etc. People will want reasons to play old content, everyone is saying the same, this literally echoes throughout the forums! UGH! Frustrating to have these devs at the helm. I honestly wondering if the servers will live to see Halls of Power pt III.

[IMG]
    • Like x 13
  9. The Johnny army New Player

In all honesty, I'm looking at this solution and I don't quite get it.

> There would be a problem with having too many choices to farm marks and that would be leading to gearing up too fast/faster than intended (significantly reducing the replayability value) - Agreed.

> There were two choices, ok, increasing prices or changing marks. The decision went for changing marks over having costs grow "so much they would have mountains to climb compared to what they earn." But if the problem in the first place was having too many choices to farm marks, why not have a small increase in costs?

T5 didn't increase costs and it was, well, sort of ridiculous. Why buy Aquaman when you had Raven for the same price and CR requirement? Why buy Raven when you had Lantern for the same price and CR requirement? It was a strange move back then. Why not go for small increases with each DLC? A chest could go from 60 to 80 to 100. PvP gear does this exactly and there is a perfect sense of progression.

> Maybe this won't be that popular, but looking at all the issues with marks of Triumph being capped so low, why not look further ahead in the future and realise we will have to have a different mark for each tier? Think about, when Tier7 comes out, how many marks will T6 raids drop? A box with 20k marks a month*3 - so far, possibly 5 when we move on - it will be something between 50k to 100k marks just from monthly boxes! Even if the cap is finally pushed up to 150k, we will still have an issue with too many marks when the next tiers come up.

I am sure the game is planned ahead way further than any of us think. But if all marks keep converting into Triumph, it will ultimately become a giant mess. It already is a mess, with players having entire rows of Triumph and nothing to spend them on. And mind you, it doesn't have to be a veteran player, Triumph drops from 90% (rough value) of the game right now. Even unlocking further tiers in our mainframe will be a band aid at best. Unlock a boost3 and make it use whatever mark you settle for Tier6.

Reverting back to one mark per Tier with small increases in armour costs would ultimately be the best solution in the future, in my opinion.
    • Like x 3
  10. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

I believe that the vendor was never MoT but nevertheless I do agree that it should be changed to triumphs instead of the newest mark. I think on all my toons I'm capped on marks. I know for sure that on two of them I have two bank inventory rows filled with 12,500 cases of triumphs. I have nothing to spend them on and they still have not fixed the cap issue. But insist on keep adding and changing stuff instead of fixing persistent problems.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sbel Devoted Player

This change will actually have very little impact on me personally. It'll just slow down my acquisition of the new gear a bit.

I am just so tired of all the sudden changes and of being constantly disappointed by the development team. The prestige situation is a total debacle, the 'fix' made things worse, half of my powersets feel broken, and now this.

I'm going to go make a new alt and try to remember why I like this game. I just don't know how much more I can take.
    • Like x 7
  12. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Geez, i wish i knew about this BEFORE i spent replay badges getting 100 marks of fury....This should of been told at the launch of Amazon Fury part 1 NOT a couple weeks before the launch of this new dlc....
    • Like x 2
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

In terms of progressions it seems a small(er) change is made every DLC causing something to stir up. I just hope they settle on a system and stick with it one day.
    • Like x 1
  14. rival exe New Player

My concerns:
    1. The devs "lied" to us. (said one thing but changed their mind may not be lying but it's still a crummy thing to do unless it's something the players want)
    2. I was looking forward to having more missions to run for T6 on top of AF, but now it seems like I'm limited again to just doing the newest stuff because I've already gotten all I want from AF. There will be no reason to run AF missions unless I need to help someone. The problem with DLCs lately is that there is very few relevant content per DLC, which is why having all DLC's made it more fun to gear up in each tier. Now that each DLC is basically it's own tier, each DLC AND tier will have little content to do which is not fun and takes away from the flexibility of this game for the player, which seems to be a common theme recently. (playing your preferred missions, building your stats a certain way for the most damage (WM > might), pressuring people to join a league by enticing them with stat bonuses...)

My first thoughts for a solution were:
    1. Instead of unique marks per DLC maybe make it unique marks per trilogy. That way I still have variety for what I want to play to save up for WOL gear, AF gear or HOP gear and it would help in having older content still relevant when new stuff comes out. You could adjust how many marks older tier drops for that trilogy, obviously.
    2. Instead of having small DLCs that make up a trilogy, just release all of that content in one big DLC. The best thing about DLCs like OC and BFE was that they had a ton of things to do. It might take longer but with more content maybe the players can still be entertained while waiting for the next super big DLC pack.
    3. Obvious solution and not meant to sound mean, make the instances more fun. If the DLC were fun people would play them all, which is what the devs would want right? Put some cool crazy mechanics we haven't seen yet or that people have really enjoyed. Instead of forcing me to play an alert because it has unique marks make me play it because I want to relive that experience.
    4. Change everything back to one mark and slightly increase the costs for newer gear. Maybe even make it 3 DLCs per tier or 2 DLCs. Change the pattern up if you have to, maybe something like T-X Small Big Big+Small >> T-Y Small Big Big+Small.
    5. Put multiple tier content in DLCs to prevent people gearing up too fast. I know a lot of people would like to see T4 solos or duos. This would also help new players gear up faster to be with everyone else and you can put unique styles in them to have older players also play them. Maybe make some multi-man iconic instances so that we are not steamrolling through them.

I'm sure I had another but I got sidetracked in the middle of that and forgot...oh well! I doubt these are fool proof ideas and probably many people will tell me what's wrong with them, but I'm just spit balling here. Sorry. :)
    • Like x 3
  15. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

What about the Catalyse Type Vis?

What will happen to these? I been selling them so people who don't want to convert their MoF for the consumable 6 items can make them easier.
    • Like x 2
  16. GammaGreenLantern New Player

breaking news dude...it isn't lol
    • Like x 1
  17. JoshuaBagwell Committed Player

I was getting sick of doing af stuff and giving new marks with new dlc isn't a bad idea my friend is still having login issues and he worried that he wouldn't have enough mof for the next dlc gear now if he can ever get on this wont be a problem for him.
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Mepps touches on this in his original post:
    Setting up a rare style vendor for each mark would be in line with that statement.
    • Like x 2
  19. Echephyle New Player

Looks like the vast majority of the community says no. What will you do devs? Defy our wishes once again and risk losing players?
    • Like x 11
  20. Ebon Angel New Player

That answer does not address the rare gear vendor that changes with the currency. Mepps said "styles from each DLC". How does it help that we can buy useless gear that we already have with AF Marks of Fury? Oh, that's right...prestige after we get our hall.

I am not jumping on you, it's just that no matter what, nothing that is said or in test can be believed, it seems.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.