Update: Marks of Power

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Thats the problem, there is no gap between casual and hardcore here with this DLC. However inorder to keep this DLC from becoming old in 3 weeks you have to change the mark.

You can do 2 things:

Change the mark to mark of power for this DLC and have the playerbase "deal with it". Yes people will be mad but its for the concern of the content.

Or

Keep it as mark of fury, keep the general playerbase happy, however risk people gearing up far too quickly and being bored by september when your competitors launch their game which in short wont give you enough time to launch your next survival mode.

If I were a Dev business wise I would have to choose option 1
    • Like x 1
  2. TrueOlympus New Player

Why can't the speed racers be the ones who "deal with it". The problem with your option 1 is that you want the Devs to fix the speed racers' problem FOR THEM, instead of them just slowing their butts down. Just my opinion of course.
    • Like x 15
  3. Echephyle New Player

I agree with Trueolympus here. If the speedsters gear too fast they can deal with it. Let the casual players that dont use replays have more options of content to play and gear up.
    • Like x 11
  4. Omega Boy Committed Player

I agree that raising the cost to buy the gear is a bad idea, but there's not enough daily content in HoP to justify the mark change.

If the point was to slow down progression and keep people from gearing up too fast, the solution would be to put a cap on the number of MoF that could be obtained daily. This would still let people choose how to obtain them.

However, everyone is still going to gear up at the same speed as ever. The only difference being that they will use replay badges instead of running Amazon Fury content. The number of marks available daily isn't a valid excuse if that number can be passed with replay badges anyway.
    • Like x 5
  5. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Well, i hope you guys raise the mark of triumph cap because i am already at the cap and i got 100 mark of fury... what the heck am i suppose to do? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  6. TrueOlympus New Player

He makes a good point.

People will gear up at the same speed anyway, the only difference is that that they will replay badge the raids instead of running all available content.... This idea is kinda seeming like a replay badge scam.....
    • Like x 6
  7. Ebon Angel New Player

In fairness, the devs do plan content well in advance of announcing it. The problem lies in the details of currency earned, gear cost, etc. it can and has been acknowledged that the "story" portion of the game is well thought out because of the technical aspects needed to implement it. I am more than willing to pay a higher cost for gear but it might be easier for them to just have Marks of Triumph and let it be. Everything becomes that anyway.
  8. MysteryM4n New Player

I don't like this, because I always loved when a new dlc comes out rewarding the same marks as the previous dlc, which gives a laerger choice of content to run, so i could earn the most amount of marks (MoF) to get T6 gear. Doing this limits this choice and makes earning marks of fury a more daunting and boring task, for the reason of running the same things OVER AND OVER AGAIN; because the AF content doesn't reward alot of MoF. Just my opinion, but I'll bet there are others that feel the same.

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS!!!!!!
    • Like x 5
  9. Ogreboy Active Player

No... It's not a different ballgame it's the same ballgame it ever was... Either people are going to be done with a DLC or they're going to need to get caught up on it... Old DLC's equal lower interest, so getting caught up means pooling every bit of game currency to purchase the best gear you can, in this case last DLC's stuff. This is what you folks established and now you're dashing it. You're setting up exclusion not the other way around. Tons more content in tier 6? Guess what, not everyone is there...
  10. OGM_Madness New Player

Hence the "12%". They know more or less the direction, the concept they are headed, but not the implementation. There has been a lot of drama on their decisions and this causes distrust among the community, which drives players away. I hope the best to the developer team and to those who stay, but I'm getting on the life boat before this ship sinks.

Thanks for the memories!
    • Like x 1
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Thats just it though, they arent slowing down the speedsters with this. They are going to replay regardless of what you do, and since this DLC gives out 3 raids and 2 alerts. There are more opportunities to gear up faster than ever before. Devs logic baffles me with this decision.

What this does is put a line inbetween the casual and the hardcore players, and the line is not very thin.
    • Like x 12
  12. Ebon Angel New Player

I am sad to say there is nothing that you say that isn't true.
    • Like x 1
  13. Rolfi New Player

oh well new mark.
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

Something about your timing, reaction, and how I picture it said is hilarious to me.
    • Like x 3
  15. Coldzoom Well-Known Player

Either way you look at it like the new mark or not, the timing of the announcement of the new mark sucks. It should have been announced with the dlc as a whole. Personally I don't feel like AF content EVER again and no idea what to do with MOF on my 3 toons
    • Like x 1
  16. Ice Lantern New Player

They could have easily put this very same announcement out beforehand. If they had the time to change the code on the test server, they had the time to put this out.

And yes, it is backhanded simply because they know full well that withholding this info affects people's spending. On top of that, they specifically said that the new gear would be purchased with MoF. Perhaps other developers of other games deserve the benefit of the doubt, I think SOE has more than exhausted the trust of many players.
    • Like x 10
  17. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

So many valid pts from many posters on here, for once it seems that the community is coming together against the current issues at had from marks and prestige sysyem.
    I hope they read this thread and the prestige thread , realize how unhappy many feel.
    • Like x 3
  18. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Actually thinking about it I like this idea even better. It helps in two areas: A) slows down progression of Replay Badges (a concern even in tier 5) and keeps all content in the same tier relevant for the same gear. Also future proofs future tiers. It gets my approval. :)

Edit: I should add as long as the cap is not too low.
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'd just like to stress yet again how strongly the AF, Pt 1 Alert is NO FUN TO ME AND HAS BEEN AGONIZINGLY TEDIOUS TO ME FROM DAY ONE, ONLY GROWING EVER MORE TEDIOUS EACH DAY.

This to the point that I've been ever more reluctant to run it since I got full CR 90 gear, and even with forcible GL-like will I find myself logging off day after day without bothering to do the alert AND WITHOUT BOTHERING TO DO ANY OF THE T6 CONTENT OTHER THAN THE OPEN WORLD because it is just SO DARNED TEDIOUS.

I've just been playing the game less and less and less, as a result. This wouldn't be the case if I'd actually liked any of the AF duos or the alert. (FWIW, I'm okay with the Circe iconic, but strongly dislike the Wonder Woman iconic final boss.)

Tedium is far less fun than rumor has it. And that's what most of AF, Pt 1 has been to me, alas.

Going through the same sort of repetition again is not attractive, to put it mildly.
    • Like x 2
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

This might be the wrong topic for this, but people will probably be earning lots of extra Marks of Power from the raids. Either my raiding group is having terrible luck or the drop rates for gear in the raids are awful. We barely saw anything useful on our last few runs.

I'd think long and hard about spending replay badges on the raid content unless you're looking to rack up a lot of Marks of Power.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.