US PS Server Restart - July 23, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xboblee New Player

Still cant log in and day 3 of this bs need to given ether free game time and or free dlc and or free 10k marks this is bs! No other mmo would let there players hang out in the cold and not already given them some kind of comp for not being able to play cause they ****** up the game
  2. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Ugh! Its still not fixed?
  3. xboblee New Player

Not for me atleast
  4. GammaGreenLantern New Player

lol I was playing the destiny beta on my tv and using my ipad inbetween loading and matchmaking,,,,not too hard aha
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Sorry if I seem rude but the constant issues since Amazon Fury has been released is really starting to annoy me. I mean, it is a great game and all, when it works, but as of late, it is on hold for me at least 2 days a week since June.... I don't like paying for a monthly service and having 1 week out of each month not be available to me...
  6. Shadow Pirate New Player

eh some of the people in my villan league isn't on (I don't own the league);):D
  7. xboblee New Player

Like I said some kind of repayment is need. And I kind of don't think we going to get it. If I knew this would happen 2 weeks ago I would have used my $15 on wow or swtor tbh
  8. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Your argument was that because we signed the TOS we have no right to complain. That is literally an insane theory..Any paying customer in the world has a right to complain when the service is shoddy.

Every MMO in the world makes you sign TOS before you play, that does not mean customers should not complain when the service is not up to par with other MMOS for months at a time....so if they took the game down 23 hours a day for maintenance everyday, we would have no right to complain because we signed the TOS?...yeah your theory just is not right son...

By saying we have no right to complain you are basically saying paying customers have to let DCUO get away with everything and not say a word because we signed the TOS...WOW
  9. xboblee New Player

tbh every computer program you have to sign a tos, that being said, if you are not getting what you pay for you have every right to get a refund and or other comps for not being able to play
  10. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

Don't waste your time arguing with him......do yourself a favor. Some people are in way too deep with this game.
    • Like x 1
  11. No Aywok New Player

For the PS users still having trouble connecting to the game, I have a few suggestions:

1). RESET your modem and/or router. This is not the same thing as "power-cycling", which seems to be everybody and their brother's first response when the internet doesn't work. There should be a little "hole" in the back of these devices that can only be pushed using something like a pen or paperclip.

Unplug the power supply from the back of the modem/router for 10 seconds. Plug the power supply back in, then use your pen/whatever and hold down the button inside the hole for approximately 5 seconds. You will know when you've held it down long enough because the front display lights will change how they flicker for 1 or 2 seconds (some modems will stop flickering completely and stay solid for the 1-2 seconds).

Newer routers usually have a button on top of the device rather than a hole in the back; same concept apllies, however. Hold down the button for approximately 5 seconds until the front lights change their flicker or stop blinking for 1-2 seconds.

This process functions in much the same way as using "ipconfig /release"; "ipconfig /flushdns"; and "ipconfig /renew" in the Command Prompt on Windows PC's.

2). Set up a new network connection in the PS options to use the Google DNS service. All of the pertinent settings details can be found on the official website. Search for "Google DNS"; it will be the first result.

3). I haven't tried this one in forever, but there is also opendns.com. Same process as #2; just obviously a different service/provider.
  12. Vistral New Player

If it's a problem on their side, they will compensate you. However, you need to make sure the problem isn't on your side first. I also wouldn't suggest openly threatening a law suit. If they think you'll act hostile no matter what, they will work and they won't be as thorough. You maybe experiencing similar problems as other users in your area or on a similar network. Check out all options on your side first before going to them. Asking for help on the forums can help you. One thing I know for sure is, they want money. Money=paying customers. Paying customers usually equals more when the customer is happy and thinks the product is good enough to recommend to a friend. So, if they want money, the will make sure to keep customers as happy as they can. Keep in mind, developers are still human. Rome wasn't built in a day, and if the workers quit, it wouldn't have been built at all. Oh. Before I forget, you're wrong on that. WoW or this game would be a better investment than swtor. This is from first hand experience. SWTOR maybe a fun game, but too many limits for non-subs, customer support takes a long time to do anything, even a response can take up to two days. The only customer support is truly useful in SWTOR is when they see evidence of harassment.
  13. xboblee New Player

I never said I was going to sue. And yes Rome wasn't build in a day. But given there is no reason why so many players here having such a hard time after a update. As for what you said about swtor if you played long enough you would have know to spend about 15 mins on there help number and you would get the help you would need . This game has been out about 3 years or so, so there is 0 reason for this kind of mistake from dcuo
  14. xboblee New Player

Freaking phone sorry for posting the repost 2 times :(
  15. CLSDClown New Player

GeT OvER It :D[IMG]
  16. rexstone89 New Player

17. Rivyn New Player

Still cannot get past the 'Connecting to login server' screen. I've followed some of the suggestions above to no avail. Did not have a problem before the patch, so I'm inclined to believe the problem is on their end.
  18. xboblee New Player

I did all this and no help, so it has to be on there end, witch we should be given something, anything at this point that they are working on what ever they messed up
  19. xboblee New Player

Why should I get over it. I pay $14.99 a month to play this game, I should have 30 days of being able to play it, not 27, not 28, 30. And if you are going to say anything about the tos, if you pay for something and not given the whole item, you can take it back and given a whole refund,
  20. LordBaconGummyBear New Player

I was having an issue "connecting to login". I would click play after the files were downloaded and it would try to load but boot me out when it got to the login screen. Thanks for fixing the issue. The extra time working on the server helped a lot.:):D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.