Celebrate #Batman75 With New Video Series!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Batman day is July 23rd, 2014, and we're kicking off the celebration this week with three new behind-the-scenes videos featuring Jim Lee and members of the DCUO dev team. Enjoy!

75 Years of Batman: Building the Bat in DC Universe Online

Legendary artist and DC Comics co-publisher Jim Lee and members of the development team discuss creating Batman for DCUO. A must-watch for all fans of the Dark Knight.

75 Years of Batman: Adventures with the Bat in DC Universe Online

Find out about the adventures you can have alongside the Dark Knight in DCUO. Will you join his crusade, or fight for evil?

75 Years of Batman: Future Batman in DC Universe Online

Find out more about a version of Batman that can only be found within the story of DCUO. Travel through time and alternate realities, and witness iconic moments in DC history with Future Batman!
    • Like x 22
  2. MercPony Devoted Player

Very impressive videos! Also love seeing Jim Lee commenting on DCUO in particular :) Please do more videos like this!
    • Like x 6
  3. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Why can't Superman get this kind of attention? :(
    He is the Man Of Steel but in this game he is more like the Man Of Weakstuff.
    • Like x 7
  4. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

That was interesting :) On the side note, when will you announce next Batman skin for Legends?
    • Like x 2
  5. MercPony Devoted Player

At least he got buffed in Legends... kinda lol
  6. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Very cool videos. I love watching this kind of stuff.
    • Like x 1
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Because he's not important apparently .... His 3 raids were the best things they did with him and that's that... First super hero , revolutionized the comic industry, the term super hero was cause of him... Dc (not just this game) dis respects him all the time.... He got a really good movie man of steel... Then first thing they have to do cause it was popular .... Put batman in it.... He couldn't have at least one sequel solo before adding batman? First time he goes against lex batman will be involved and. Predict batman saves the day... While kicking supermans butt in the first half .....

Dcuo gave him a legends character but the character is not that great he could have more durability he is superman after all... He should be as strong or stronger then bane in legends.....

He turned 75 last year... He got nothing! A dev did tell me they dropped the ball but still... I think it was Mir a long the lines of.... None of us are avid superman fans... Do meh oh look batman get the confetti and balloons ready!!!!!!!
    • Like x 4
  8. SilentGhostAlpha Well-Known Player

Awsome video. LONG LIVE BATMAN!
    • Like x 1
  9. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Awesome, though any chance at us ever getting New Batman Styles to properly celebrate his #75th Anniversary?
    • Like x 1
  10. Little Sister New Player

Wait did that happen already ?
  11. MercPony Devoted Player

I have no idea lol I'm gonna assume it did though.
    • Like x 2
  12. TrueOlympus New Player

I am torn on the reveal that Future Bats will be in more content. On one half I feel his an awesome character and is by far my favorite interpretation of a future bruce wayne ever... but Superman needs some love. Maybe if they worked together in a DLC or something.

the videos were very enjoyable tho
    • Like x 1
  13. TrueOlympus New Player

Nah it hasn't happened yet. It's in the works though, He's suppose to be getting the "empowered channeling mod" treatment
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Seconded!

And get Geoff Johns in there while you're at it.

Heck, DC has their own weekly show called 'DC All Access' and they feature video games all the time. There's no good reason they can't do a segment about DCUO when there's a big update or a DLC about to be released.
    • Like x 4
  15. spedog Active Player

Is it just me or is anyone else angry that they just let Superman's birthday just slide by but they are pulling out all the stops and giving Batman not one, but multiple skins in Legends and all these vids about creation and his part in the game?

SUPERMAN is the original superhero, without which I might add, there would be no Batman or anything else but I love how you guys overlooked him ENTIRELY because I guess he is just not cool enough or brooding enough. Seriously, is there any reason that the devs of this game would just overlook the character like this but then go overboard on Batman like this? Your bias is showing.
    • Like x 4
  16. Doc Whiskey New Player

Excellent videos. I expect to see some cool in-game celebration this week to go with them. I'm not one to give SOE a lot of credit, given my experience with the company over the years, but I'll give the devs of DCUO credit if they do this up right. These videos show some promise, so keep the momentum going. Batman is the flagship of DC, so give the character a worthy party.
    • Like x 1
  17. MrMigraine Devoted Player

As I said in the other thread, this is a great series of videos and I'm especially pleased that Jim Lee is taking time out of his busy schedule to talk about DCUO instead of one of DC's newer games.

Looking forward to more videos like this and very much looking forward to the return of Future Batman! :)
  18. MidnightTiger Well-Known Player

What do you mean batman day is July 23rd?
    Also, wonderwoman's 75th anniversary is coming soon. I expect 3 wonder woman skins for legends, a whip/lasso for a weapon, 5 DLCs in her name, and Ares for legends. TY, nice doing business with you.
  19. RitzyDitzy New Player

It makes me very sad, I guess it's a safe assumption there won't be anything for Wonder Woman's 75 next year.
    • Like x 1
  20. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Best Signature I've seen!