More John Stewart.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheMightyGrizzly, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

He can do the voice, thats undeniable, but with Hamill you could actually Hear that he loved the role and got genuine Joy from reading Jokers lines. Unfortunately with Baker you dont get that.

BUT

So far hes only done the voice once, in Arkham Origins, and he was probably extremely nervous.
    Hamill will always be Joker just like Conroy will always be Batman, you hear their voices in your head every time you read a Batverse Comic. But given time, maybe Baker will start enjoying it too and get better over time.
  2. Hero of Justice New Player

Baker's really good, but of course no one is as good as Mark Hamil was. It gives the devs quite the dillemma as to what to do with the Joker, though.

On topic: Rayner's done well enough for himself, it wasn't easy trying to replace Hal Jordan as the Green Lantern as DC tried to get their GL lore back up and running. DCUO seems to be treating him more as a 60-40 % Blue-Green hybrid though with his switch in WOTL 1 and the fact that he's in the Blue Lantern getup for his upcoming Legends character. I imagine he'll still be pretty involved too in the future parts of the trilogy. I still prefer JS, though :D
  3. Crimson Jonni New Player

O yea i forgot, lemme rearrange my top Lantern list
    Kyle>Sodam Yat/John Stewart>Arisia>Laira>Hal>Kilowog>Gardner.
    Sodam Yat the forum user just reminded me lol.
    • Like x 1
  4. John Brawler Committed Player

actually i think they have a reason to complain about the powers since they pretty much stopped designing other possible powers to do multiple lantern types.
  5. Crimson Jonni New Player

The only reason i call him Shazam is because idk which people prefer lol, but yes he needs content. ALOT of content. Hopefully after dlc 17 he gets some love. Or maybe we can push back AF2 because it doesnt really feel all that interesting imo, i mean the only one related to WW lore who couldve influenced Hippolyta to pursue war wouldve been Ares as he is the god of war and this is kinda his thing imo of course.

Lets throw in a bit of the rock of eternity in there, he deserves it
  6. Crimson Jonni New Player

Thats not entirely true. You cant really assume that working on lantern types is the reason other powers havent been developed. If they truly have a schedule on what they want to do, then its their prioritization which is the reasoning. Light came out in 2011 and since then we've gotten earth, electrcity, celestial and quantum, finally rage after 3 years. Of course i do wish to see another power, but the amount of lantern content is overblown when people complain about it. And there is so much more than just that in dcuo. Of course there are a load of characters dcuo hasnt focused on, it just seems to be the justice league-Superman, wonderwoman,Greenlantern,batman.
  7. Ghostof91 New Player

8. DopeDynasty69 New Player

1. There are 2 lantern powers....
    2. When have they done that? lol
    3. Wouldn't it be easier to get the lantern inspired themes out the way earilier on, then focus on other power themes. But lantern powers will be added. There are only so much good powersets to be used in DC. Most heroes/villains have powers of powersets such as flight or mind reading rather than a whole powerset like psychokinesis or telepathy/telekinesis and such.
    4. Lanterns are a big part of DC and their powers would make amazing visuals as they are constructs of light! Who wouldn't want that
  9. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Glad I could help lool

[IMG]

[IMG]

:D
    • Like x 1
  10. Crimson Jonni New Player

I am not totally up to date though. Is this the state he's in currently?
  11. John Brawler Committed Player

1. 2 lantern powers with a third on the way and who knows if that's all
    2. they've already mentioned since launch several powers they wanted to try, out of them elastic is the only one they gave a reason for not using before putting in rage instead, and immediately after the only thing anyone will talk about, and the devs will hint at, is another lantern power, most likely blue.
    3. there's several thousand unnamed members of the different corps, not all of them wear the same uniform, using them would take forever if you want all of their themes. the point of the elemental powers was that they can be fit to multiple character types due to the differences between the skill trees, while lanterns only fit that, lanterns.
    4. yes they're a big part, but the visuals are a problem in themselves, the devs like the lantern powers for exactly that reason, so if a power isn't as visually appealing as a lantern power, (a very unlikely occurrence), it's more then likely to be pushed aside. they've outright said that we didn't get might/physical powers is because they couldn't think of a way to incorporate it in a way with satisfying visual effects, which doesn't show much promise to all but the most impressive visual traits along with powers, aswell as the ps3 problems since the more visual effects added the more memory is used.
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I'd just like to be able to hear John Stewart more in the Tier 1 duo. I mean, he's so quiet! I can barely hear him on USPC when I run that duo.
    • Like x 2
  13. Crimson Jonni New Player

Ive noticed that as well. Sinestro is loud whilst John is in a hushed whisper so it sounds like sinestro is talkin to himself
  14. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Yeah its a little confusing tbh.

Last time he was seen Pre52, he was being controlled by Zardor and the 2 of em escaped Gardner and Kilowog with Bleez knocked out.
    Now in the New52 theres no mention of that at all. In this he was being held captive by the Kund and Durlans because his physiology is an exact match for Kryptonians (obv cause hes a Daxamite, who were Kryptonians who'd left Krypton centuries ago and colonised the Planet Daxam). John frees him and apparently the Durlans, (who can copy any beings form like a shapeshifter but also gain their strengths) are after the Daxamites so they can gain Kryptonian Level powers.

Long story short, GLs arrive on Daxam with Yat, Yats dad is sending troops off to bathe in yellow suns to recharge their powers and protect them from invaders, its revealed that the Durlans had already gotten to Daxam and most Daxamites have already been killed and that Sodams dad is actually a Durlan in disguise now, they fight, GLs win, Sodam decides to stay behind to help whsts left of his ppl hide as he thinks the Universe knowing of Daxamites and their powers could be abused eventually.

In an interview though Vendetti revealed they do have plans for Yat in future GL comics and that the short amount of time he was seen here was just to show he is alive and to reintroduce him into the New52 universe. Fingers crossed he shows up again soon, with the Guardians dead, half the GL Corps dead after the Third Army and Volthoom, the Blue Corps dead, Gardner joining the Red Corps and the Universe not trusting GLs anymore, they could do with a guy whos "Superman with a power ring" right about now.
    • Like x 1
  15. Draco8573 New Player

I personally think that there needs to be less of John Stewart. IMO he is the worst green lantern and he is absolutely useless. And a major stereotype.
  16. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Point number 4 contradicts point number 2. How is it that Elastic is the only powet given an explanation, yet you quote them on their explanation of might/physical powers? Oh btw if your referring to explanations from FNL, theyve covered 3 other non lantern powers, if your referring to FNL + Forums, theyve covered 5 other non lantern powers.

As for point 1, yep theres HL and Rage so far, both linked to Lantern DLCs instead of being added awkwardly. Oh btw just to recap, the DLC powers went HL, Electric, Earth, Quantum, Celestial, Rage. Correct me if im wrong but isnt that 4 unique powers in between the 2 Lantern powers? Cause I could have sworn you were acting like the Lantern powers were released back-to-back for a second.

Point 3 makes no sense so im not gonna bother trying to answer it.

Its obvious that Lantern Lore isnt your thing, and you know what? Thats actually cool. Its alright. You dont have to like Lantern Lore just like I dont have to like Constantine Lore. DC publishes multiple comics because different ppl have different interests. The point here though is very simple; DCUO currently has no end date. Think about that for 7 seconds. Now that youve thought of it put this on top of that; releasing Lantern Powers with a Lantern DLC makes sense. Breath that part in for 7 more seconds. Ok now combine the 2 and what do we get? We get that DCUO aint dying any time soon, that while DLCs are focused on Lantern Lore that Lantern Powers fit, that because DCUO aint dying this means the next power is NOT the FINAL power and that after WoTL is over, there most likely will never be another Lantern Power or opportunity to introduce Lantern Powers for a VERY long time.

Get it yet?
  17. TheMightyGrizzly New Player

I'm hoping that they will balance out the involvement that earths lanterns are getting in the WOTL Trilogy.

Guy, Kyle, and Hal have had a mission in which they play a big role in.

I don't count a big role in a mission being at the very end of a T1 duo.

I wouldn't mind if maybe Kilowog and John Stewart are in a couple missions in the rest of the trilogy.
  18. John Brawler Committed Player

alright, let me put it this way then, might/physical, was described before hardlight even came out because it's something people asked for constantly, so they admitted why they supposedly wasn't using it, since then they mentioned powers they actually wanted to do, elastic being the only one of the ones they WANTED that they weren't able to use before adding rage. and yes, before hardlight became as popular as it is now, there were 4 unique powers in the middle, but suddenly we're from the sound of it, getting two lantern powers and they refuse to talk about any other possibilities because even though everyone knows a lantern healer is coming, no one will talk about, or let them talk about anything else, especially since we know two more lantern dlcs are on the way, yet people complain they want more. point 3 was based on the person who said that we should get lantern themes which they have too many characters, locations, and enemies to do in the short term. and it's obvious lantern lore is your thing, since your username is based on arguably the most powerful lantern to ever exist, but you're right, dcuo isn't dying any time soon, but is that a reason that those of us who aren't fans of lanterns should have to wait until lantern fans are satisfied until we get something? like i don't know, those of us who want more content for characters who's storylines, characters, and villains pretty much are in one place and that's it, like shazam, or the jsa, or even aquaman.
  19. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Ok lets swing back to a few things in your post here because theres a serious amount of misinformation floating around in there. Right now your talking about "player speculation" as if it were Fact, and its not, so allow me to rectify that:

1) 2 Lantern Powers-
    There has been ABSOLUTELY no confirmation that the next power is Lantern based. Theres been no confirmation that there even IS a new power coming soon. Do you know what you've been looking at and getting this info from? Wishlists. The only confirmation that has been made in any official capacity whatsoever is that we will NEVER get White Lantern or Black Lantern powers. You can find the one and only confirmation of that here:

2) HL has been popular LOOOOOONG before Rage ever came out so im not sure why your referring to it as if its just become popular now.

3) "Everyone knows a lantern healer is coming"
    No, they dont. Troll is still the next power and untill the devs state otherwise, it always was and always will be. Again, refer to point 1, theres been ZERO confirmation of Blue Lantern powers.

4) Having to wait till Lantern DLCs are over-
    If lantern lore isnt your thing, as I said, thats cool dont play it. HL was a previs power, in other words HL and the FFtL DLC was already planned before DCUOs release. I mean you didnt think that half the toons animations catering for the ring hand was a coincidence did ya? Anyway back on point, yes there are a lot of other storylines to explore. The Gotham Gangwar being one and Shazam being another. And guess what? These 3 DLC trilogies will end and 3 new trilogies will begin. Thats the new model that DCUO has decided to take on, 3 concurrently running trilogies. They will be gotten to eventually. And while we're on the subject doesnt the fact that the other 2 trilogies, AF & HoP, having nothing to do with lantern lore whatsoever kinda invalidate your arguement here? WoTL is 1 lore of 3 being represented right now. 1, not all 3. Amazonian lore is far different from lantern lore just as New Gods lore is far different from both of them. Theyre catering to 3 different lore fans within 1 year, and these trilogies will only last for a total of 2yrs and 3 months.

Its one of these "like it or lump it" situations man. Im not mad into amazonian lore but I still found the story interesting and enjoyed the DLC. Im not sure what it is exactly you have against lantern content and I dont mean to be rude but I dont have to care either. It is what it is. For 2yrs we get lanterns, amazons and new gods, you can either sit back and enjoy the ride or you can sit there and let yourself get frustrated over nothing. Its your choice. Even though theres been no news on new powers apart from white/black, unfortunately 2 plus 2 still equals 4, so if the next power IS a lantern power, no matter how much you wanna fight it it wont change the fact that it makes perfect sense.
    • Like x 1
  20. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Sorry heres the ONLY info on the next power, forgot to post it-
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/dlc-11.212773/page-2#post-2691214