Wonder Woman Is cheap

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Chipjacson, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Chipjacson New Player

How can a legend do so much damage and have high health. WW has a combo that Is unblockable the pull. And also the invincible Amazonian deflection, It is the worse thing to go up against. Then the shield were you can bate people into blocking then if you don't block you get melted. Any tips on how to beat this legends or please nerf something about her at lease. This is ridiculous
  2. Eminence Dedicated Player

When her shield goes up you can block cancel your tap melee, do that a few times and it should drop(tap melee clipped with block, repeat). Almost everything she does is counterable, but you want to be careful because she has a instant block breaker, which will block break you a couple seconds out of your block. She's a little op in my opinion too, I also think the whip into kick should be counterable.
    • Like x 3
  3. Eminence Dedicated Player

Maybe Enquirer and Clutch can help a little more :)
    • Like x 2
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Catwoman and Cheetah also have a deflection move. Wonder Woman is far beneath Catwoman in the ranking system though. She could use some adjustments but she's far from where you're claiming she is. To get around deflection simply don't attack and try to bait them into doing what you want them to do. She really isn't that bad to deal with.
    The lasso into kick should be blockable as it's a good chunk of safe damage. I believe Donna Troy's whip into kick is blockable. That could have been changed though as I'm only recently getting back into this game as of last night. Luckily for this thread over half my opponents were using WW last night. Didn't lose a single match after a two month absence of consistent playing.

I wouldn't necessarily say she's OP at the moment. She's upper middle tier I'd say, but there are characters who definitely accelerate beyond what she is capable of doing.

EDIT: And when I say most of my opponents were using Wonder Woman I mean I fought the same person numerous times over the course of a couple of hours.
    • Like x 3
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

You are right about Donna.

And you didnt lose those matches? Kudos to you!

Ugh Catwoman... huntress.... cheetah...
    #the struggle
    • Like x 3
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Nope. Unfortunately my recording software goofed so all you're going to get is a good look at the back of Luthor's, Fate's and Batman's head. Well not that bad, but definitely not on par with my other videos.

Cheetah is actually pretty darned bad. Her animation times are ridiculously slow. Which is amazingly ironic.

Ran into one decent huntress last night, but the jerk stopped fighting part of the way into the match and left her partner on his own, so we just sorta picked on her for a bit since the pair very obviously met up through the matchmaking system and what she did was just a jerk thing to do.

But WW, once I got warmed up, didn't give me much trouble at all. It got really easy to bait her into doing what I wanted her to. The deflection was a small problem but baiting her into a move I could counter solved that very easily.

Good to know about Donna. Since I'm back now it seems I can start writing her guide again :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Eminence Dedicated Player

There you have it, when they pop their shield, farm for a counter asap. Thanks Enquirer

Yea, shes def not better than cw, but she does have op things about her. Now that I know Donna's kick is blockable, I consider it broken, not OP, lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Since we agree the whip-kick is broken, what do you consider OP about her?

I wasn't aware I would actually be called upon to answer questions such as these :p I honestly only consider myself slightly above average after last night. But the good news is that Sabigya has convinced me to start logging in regularly again, so to use a big picture to sum up a lot of little words:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Sabigya Steadfast Player

To be fair, the WW was spamming long range attacks. I hope the soda i sent her does not make her mad.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

yep yep yep.

I wanna see the video.

And thing is with Donna Troy.. she is quite tricky to really master.. well to me..
    That kick needs fixing though and her spin glitches sometimes.
    Remprimand knocks you back when blocked apparently which us not supposed to happen.

Donna does hit like a truck though. Is she op? No.
    Balanced? Sort of. She is very slow and vulnerable to interrupt and stunning.. hence what the shield is for....
    Risk vs Reward with her imo.

Sorry for impertinence if there is any in the thread
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Also to be fair people who make these types of threads calling for outright nerfs because they had trouble dealing with someone with no numbers to back it up tend to not be at the top of their game either :p
    • Like x 10
  12. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Its 2 hours of us just killing everything.
    • Like x 2
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

She's highly beatable.
    Those WW's you fought, dont know how to use her if they were just spamming block break.
    besides, if I recalled correctly, lunging works well to counter a range move.
    But then.. im no good so ill just flitter away at slow speed
    • Like x 2
  14. Eminence Dedicated Player

You write guides, so I am assuming you know what youre talking about :). Plus you n clutch are testers, I dont really test much and get more of my numbers from you guys.
    • Like x 1
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

They're in dire need of some updating actually.

But what do you figure about WW is OP? I'm curious. I haven't used her in a while.
    • Like x 1
  16. Eminence Dedicated Player

Her kick combo. I have seen almost every fnl, seems like its being spammed at some points and can't do anything about if they have control resistance. Plus her whip, seems to be hitting harder than cw's, but you do get a slightly longer animation at the end of it, if you dont clip out of it.

Her kick is like the hold claw combo with Sin, before the fix. I'll admit, I abused it. Lol
  17. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Her reflect has the shortest duration of any shield in legends, also dots don't proc the damage. The best counter is a DoT heavy character like Lex, kite the reflect into it has worn off then continue to attack after.

Anything above 1v1 and she really isn't that overpowered, she seriously lacks counter punishment until her finisher is usable, she has little AoE outside of her rock (whip is blockable, always risky to utilise) and she gets beaten badly by DoT users whenever her reflect isn't up.

She's essentially like catwoman without dodge and without burst.

As mentioned before, the best characters are DoT users or CW if you can counter well. It is harder to counter WWs blocks as she has a shorter block window, but it is possible with sub 100 latency to catch it on reaction if you're very fast (though I've only met two who can do it consistently).

She is very strong in 1v1s though, like I said all you can do is try to kite the reflect and counter them if you get an opportunity. Not allowing the reflect damage saves you from around 1200+ damage which is a lot of safe damage and it happens fast. Other than that, countering her & using CW's full burst can deal 4000+ damage to her so she melts very quickly, she can't even match that when her finisher is up.
    • Like x 2
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'll run a few tests on the whip tonight if anyone I know is on. If it does deal more damage I'll stick up a post in the arkham bug section. I'll also stick a video of the kick combo being bugged in there as well.
    • Like x 1
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

She is good in 1vs1 matches as you said, though if we're going to complain about anyone being very powerful in 1vs1 Wonder Woman shouldn't be the primary target here :p
  20. Eminence Dedicated Player

I feel dumb and good at the same time knowing this now. Dumb, because I didnt know the proper way to rip her shield, but good because I got HANDLED by slob (on eupc) with Lex, when I was playing with WW.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1