A plea to the devs: We don't want dramatic changes to the game mechanics

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Peacemakaz, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Also I like these dramatic changes. I want to see more dramatic changes in addition to the overflow of new content. I want to see raid groups going back to being balanced from these changes and get rid of the stacking of DPS, crappy DPS at that.
    • Like x 1
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yes and thats mainly how FFXIV does it. By having hard and extreme modes of content to give the devs time to create new content. That is what FFXIV does and thats how they keep players interested in the game.

DCUO is sitting on gold, especially in the R&D section and they are just now starting to capitalize on bases. If they can capitalize on R&D then the game will really have that MMO pace.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Johnny army New Player

Ah, I see what you mean. You weren't referring to actually new content, just harder versions of it to keep us engaged, is that it? If so, I agree. I pretty much don't run anything below T4 (just the occasional FOS2) because of how not-engaging it is at this point, with end game gear. A T5 (at least) version of Khandaq, with all those adds, though... could be mighty interesting...
    • Like x 1
  4. Feenicks New Player

Plus.....and I cannot CANNOT emphasis this enough......this game has Superman! No other game that I'm aware of has him! The fricking Big Blue Boyscout himself!!!

DISCLAIMER: For those who do not personally know me, virtual or otherwise, I am one of the biggest Superman fans ever. I make no apoligizes for that.
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Now now. A bit of an exaggeration there...

FFXIV:
    Duos: 0
    4-Man Dungeons: 36 (Guildhests and Dungeons - several of which are just reskinned instances)
    8-Man Raids/Duties: 28 (Most of which are Hard/Extreme versions of story missions)

DCUO:
    Duos: 20 (some of which are reskinned missions)
    4-Man Alerts/Operations: 29 (many of which are reskinned instances)
    8-Man Content: 22 (some of which are Novice versions of other content)

(Disclaimer: that's all by my quick count. I may be a off a few here or there ... but '5 times' is certainly nowhere close)

Single person content: hard to judge, but I think that FFXIV's open world stuff has the edge. FFXIV certainly feels more like an MMORPG and DCUO feels more like an action game.

And I have to say that while FFXIV has its strengths, I hear the same complaints over there that I hear here. 'I'm sick of doing the same instances/dungeons over and over again for Marks/Tomestones', 'I'm sick of the RNG', 'the devs have ruined the game,' etc.

The truth is that no development team will ever be able to create content at the rate at which we consume it. If a person doesn't like re-running stuff, he's going to be disappointed in today's MMOs.
    • Like x 7
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

A little tired of that excuse.

We do pay a subscription.... buy Legend toons in the MP.... buy Armories.... and now Amenities..... and soon Teleporters...etc.

Where does our money go??

The devs don't do us any favors.... we do pay for this game.

Are the devs so short on cash that that is why we get tons of reused content and need to pay for every single thing added to the game on top of what we pay for our subs??
    • Like x 2
  7. Welcome2TheNhk New Player

But this was really the only f2p mmo on the psn: The potential it had was mind numbing... If not for alot of the anti-player aspects the game holds that pushes players off rather then entices. The money cap, unfriendly dlc structuring, lack of events for new accounts, even the lack of somewhat of a guide to allow new players to get their bearings. even the lack of events other then seasonals hurt the game
  8. kav Committed Player

As bad as it may sound, the volume of money flowing into a business is not a guaranteed grow establish-er nor does it guarantee higher profits or margins. I guess with the new All Access model they're trying a FNFG-Money-Model (First Needs First Gets). Although I do would like to see a bigger staff, really small for such a game to maintain.
    • Like x 1
  9. Feenicks New Player

Just curious.....when a cop pulls you over do you remind him that you pay his salary?
    • Like x 1
  10. EPHEMERAL titan New Player

THIS!!! SO VERY THIS!!!
  11. EPHEMERAL titan New Player

SUPERMAN 64..how soon they forget..lol
    • Like x 3
  12. Agnetta Dedicated Player

before for me it was power 1 > tap range > jump > power 4 > tap range twice > jump

and in between spamming that, power 1 > clip with power 4 > clip with power 6

also a heavy dose of power 2 > tap melee > clip with power 1 > tap range > jump > power 4 > tap range twice > jump for AoE

and i loved every minute of it.
  13. Feenicks New Player

Fully understand. But fire didn't have a lot of those options. Especially the bonus of JC.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

I don't mind if the changes do not affect new content, which it has. Af looks to have been comtent crippled due to the extra resources on WM. If that isn't the case then why is there so little for Af?
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

True. DUST and Free Realms werent really popular MMOs. This game had unlimited potential and I think it still does. However at their time of launch they had a very unstable dev team.

However this dev team clearly is heading in the right direction and surprisingly is meeting deadlines much better than the last one.

However DLC11 is the make or break IMO due to its release date and the upcoming competitors. I see Mepps doing more open world events randomly and thats nice. But its going to take a little more than that to keep the playerbase.
    • Like x 2
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

When I look at content I look at its release and launch. Many of FFXIV solo content was at launch and even then they further impressed me with the patches to add even more single player content.

Also their development of 24 man raid and being able to have it on the PS3 is quite impressive even though there are rendering problems on the PS3 we have that same issue here on DCUO but in 8 man content.

At times I do get tired of FFXIV RNG, but there is always something to do and there arent any scoreboard chasers in that game.

However I have a strong feeling that DLC11 will be THE DLC of the year.
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Dont use that reference ever again until they fix superman in the game. He still glitches and makes shadow clones of himself in fos and batman can take hits better than him. Its like they made superman the weakest NPC in the game.

Even though I am a superhuge fan of Batman, they dont really show superman any love.
    • Like x 2
  18. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

But.....but.....but........ SUPERMAN! He does so much in this game. Even calls you a true friend. :)
  19. SkullGang Devoted Player

Game mechanics have dramatically changed since the beginning, you just didn't notice.
  20. Feenicks New Player

Problem?