HEY Try to Win With Dignity

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by TheRealDeathern, May 30, 2014.

1. TheRealDeathern New Player

So a league mate and myself were running some PVP yesterday. I hate PVP. I have made this abundantly clear, and I wont go into the reasons of why on this particular post. As a result of my disdain, I don't have all 90 gear yet.

Neither did the league mate I was running with, but as circumstances would have it, we got matched up against some fully modded 90 players. How this happens I do not understand gear should be taken into account when forming the matches, otherwise match making is useless.

The results weren't good for our side. We were destroyed, as 2 fully modded 90 gear players are much better than us (my partner had mostly 87 gear and I am just starting to work on my 90 gear...). We fought regardless. All the way up till the score was about 150 and they were still around a 1000, at which point we threw in the towel and decided to wait out our defeat outside our spawn point.

The respectable thing for the 90 geared players to do would be to take their easy victory and move on as we gave them what fight we could, only it wasn't much. Instead they came and attacked us, without any mercy at our re-spawn point, killing us both again as we were trying to let time run out...

Why? What point did they need to prove? We gave up. We threw in the towel. We fought bravely all the way until the closing seconds of the match, did they really need to come and rub it in our faces that they were better geared than us?

Running up the score, so to speak, only pushes players away from wanting to PVP.

I get attacking players that don't fight at all, that are there only to loose, but again, we fought, we just happened to be mismatched from the get go in this particular bout.

Try winning with dignity!!!
    • Like x 14
  2. Notangie New Player

PVP is a necessary evil for feats. Occasionally it's fun, but l want to get in and out as soon as possible and the type that leave the node to rub it in should get their jollies in open world.
    • Like x 5
  3. TheRealDeathern New Player

I don't mind loosing a fair fight, but mismatching players, and pitting them against far better equipped opponents is wrong.

Add to that the need of the over geared to belittle the under geared, and you have a recipe for players to simply not pvp at all.

Don't the PVPers want other players to PVP?
    • Like x 3
  4. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Sorry bud. I'm a guy that does this.

I PVP for the fight, I don't care if I win or lose I just want to fight. When I see someone running away or standing at the spawn waiting on the timer I get frustrated because the fight is being taken away from me, so I bring the fight to them. It has nothing to do with being a jerk or whatever, I'm just trying to get what I want out of a PVP match.

If I run into the same people again and they do this I'll leave them alone since they obviously just want thier consolation prize and be done with it. I don't like it because it wastes my time, but I'll stand on the node until the match is done in those cases :/
    • Like x 11
  5. TheRealDeathern New Player

Again we fought. We fought bravely. We gave it all we had. They killed us repeatedly, all the way up until the very end of the match we gave them all we could, it just wasn't much.

Instead of respecting us, for not cowering in a corner the whole time, they came and continued to attack us when the match was long over and we had thrown in the towel.

Don't be a jerk, dude. If someone gives you a fight, respect them for doing so, don't go kill them when time is expiring and your winning by 850 points...whats the point?? You've already killed me 14 times, and you have nothing left to prove, except that you're a jerk*.

*not you personally Derp, just in general.
    • Like x 5
  6. realTREDD New Player

Some people [like myself] do not play pvp for marks or gear ect that stuff comes easy many months ago, I play for fun and when teams just give up, their goes the enjoyment of the match idc about marks at all i want to fight, And i suspect thats what these 2 others wanted as well, the respectable thing to do is for you and your friend to give them a full game, the mistake is on your end. you enter into a match until its over and thats what you agreed to so finish the match, not their fault for wanting a full match its yours for quing a match and giving up.
    • Like x 1
  7. realTREDD New Player

thats the problem, you dint give it all you had, you gave up early and the other team qued for a full match not a partial match
  8. Lights Derp Loyal Player

If there was 150 left on the score board I'd hold off. I usually give time for the other team to regroup, and during that regrouping time the score would've counted down. If someone gives at 500 > points that's a different story lol.
  9. TheRealDeathern New Player

How is the mistake on my end? Time is expiring, WE fought bravely. We died a lot. We kept dying repeatedly. It was only at the very end, when time was expiring and the score was well out of reach that we threw in the towel. Did killing us both ONE more time, in addition to the 14 deaths we had already suffered, really raise your joy and experience in playing? We had less than 150 points left and their side was still at 1000. It was a cake walk for them. I thought you players wanted quality competition. We weren't any. Take your stupid win and leave the under geared, valiant effort players alone.

SMH.
    • Like x 3
  10. TheRealDeathern New Player

That's my point. We fought, we gave it what we had. The match was long over, and we fought as well as we could have until the end. Leave us alone, take your win and be happy.

In the end, we will want to play PVP again, and not be burned by the lack of respect on your part, and you will get the satisfaction of defeating someone that you have far better gear than.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ebon Angel New Player

Let me get this straight: the score is 1000 - 100, 90 gear vs 87 gear, and you derive joy from beating a lesser opponent?
    Even Klingons stopped fighting when the opponent was beaten for there is no honor in continuing. And if fighting 10 more seconds fulfills a full match requirement...no wonder I hate PVP.
    I don't fight that way when my team is the victor. But this is a "play your way" game. I just disagree with your way. My opinion, to which I am entitled. As are you.
    • Like x 10
  12. TheRealDeathern New Player

Nice to see you. :D

Apparently, effort is not appreciated by some. Alienating players and failing to show mercy when your opponent has given you what you want, competition for the match, is instead favored.
    • Like x 3
  13. Ebon Angel New Player

If you are leading 1000-100, bring a healing barrel to a respawn area, "bringing the fight to them", you are clearly not fighting, and in the real world there would be concerns about your health. This is more "mob-like" than fighting. You can't even chase an opponent to fight in any fighting venue around. There is no ref to stop the fight, so you take your win and go to your next match.
    • Like x 4
  14. realTREDD New Player

My joy is based on competing not "taking a easy win" and if that means you or other under geared players taking their lumps than so be it. my opinion is that if you q for a arena than finish the arena i loathe when players stay neat the spawn and throw in the towel.
  15. TheRealDeathern New Player

Maybe a mercy rule should be applied.

If one puts up damage/heals/power etc. during a match and the score still gets out of hand, then let the would be fighters off the hook. No need to keep killing them for no reason, simply end the match, award the win/lose and move on.
    • Like x 2
  16. Ebon Angel New Player

Again, I have concerns. This cannot be a healthy approach. I am sure you are not alone in your thinking. Which only adds to my concern.
    • Like x 4
  17. TheRealDeathern New Player

again it was only the closing seconds of the match. the victory had been earned. there is no honor in beating someone that admittingly has been beaten. There is no fun in killing those that arent fighting back.

All you are doing is pissing players off where they dont want to pvp at all.

Way to go man. Your my hero.
    • Like x 4
  18. realTREDD New Player

the thing is the game is set up in a way where it is not play your way, if you stay in a spawn you get kicked..a provision the devs put in to avoid behavior like this and lead to fuller matches, unfortunately their is no kick for kiting in arenas....yet.
  19. realTREDD New Player

are you telling me how to have fun in a game? wow.
  20. Ebon Angel New Player

Somehow I think this would not satisfy the bloodlust. I wish we did have a "no mas" option. But I suspect the bloodlust is a goal. I hope I am wrong.
    • Like x 2